• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Maybe- but stop and think for a second- what rapper has been able to adopt their rhymes/style to their evolution as a person and maintain that level of quality? Jay z? Nas? Em? Not even close. Kanye is in uncharted waters, he's the closest rap has to Michael Jackson, a rapper with staying power, critical mass AND critical acclaim. He's a fucking stadium act that doesn't have to rely on his old hits- you know how hard that is to do?

Kanye is one of the best entertainers, that is a fact. The Glow In The Dark Tour was just amazing, he puts on one hell of a spectacle. But, he just isnt a great rapper. Great at adapting, great at the production level. But just not that great on the mic.

Lol.

LOL.

That slaughterhouse album is fire. Hasnt come outta the CD player in the car since i got it.

Also, L of the week goes to.....
08052012821.jpg

Yo, that is Irish Ninja's new ink.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Laugh Now Cry Later was horrid.

wrong..

Cube is top 5, this isnt up for debate
Indeed
His last three he released independently; Laugh Now Cry Later, Raw Footage and I Am the West are all good. Raw Footage being his strongest album since his heyday. I love that he foots the entire bill for creating and distributing them and doesn't put a single pop track on any of it. Just does it for the love.

Really slept on 4.5 mic album.

I liked Laugh Now Cry Later a little better but Raw Footage doesn't get enough love.

Really Cube has only released one bad album... Peace album

DominoKid

I used to think that the goat was either Nas or Rakim... But I honestly think its Kanye now. Not the best rapper- but by far the most versatile, evolutionary emcee/producer combo hip hop has ever seen.

Kanye is the GOAT and it burns purists up inside.
Sucks for them cause it's only gonna get worse from here.

HiResDes

He said it's not gaf music. I'll check it out though.

Edit: Link is not even working for me.

Over the past month, we’ve heard a couple of promising cuts from Chicago production duo Supreme Cuts and Barbadian rapper Haleek Maul’s collaboration Chrome Lips, tracks like “The Dummy” and the King Crimson-sampling “M00N.” Today, they put out the entire mixtape out, which also features drop-ins from Das Racist’s Kool A.D., Main Attrakionz’ Mondre M.A.N. and Squadda B, and more. Alternate Link INCOMING

Yo, if we talking GOAT. Its Hova. Hands down, Jigga is what? Ten albums deep at this stage? And still dropping heat.

Has multiple classics, actual number is is often debated. Every head know hes number 1.

Kaizer

Banned
Kanye is one of the best entertainers, that is a fact. The Glow In The Dark Tour was just amazing, he puts on one hell of a spectacle. But, he just isnt a great rapper. Great at adapting, great at the production level. But just not that great on the mic
Pretty much how I feel about him, although he's still one of my favorite rappers ever. I'd argue that his lyric game has stepped on though. On a track like Gorgeous, Ye was on fire.

If Eminem didn't blow Dre would have had to fall back on Cube and DOC and like you said it would have been epic.

In other news Game renamed his album to Jesus Piece

Lol... Curtis mixtape stole his thunder. I would not be surprised it Game came out saying hes transitioning into a woman. Mad Bi-polar.

Over the past month, we’ve heard a couple of promising cuts from Chicago production duo Supreme Cuts and Barbadian rapper Haleek Maul’s collaboration Chrome Lips, tracks like “The Dummy” and the King Crimson-sampling “M00N.” Today, they put out the entire mixtape out, which also features drop-ins from Das Racist’s Kool A.D., Main Attrakionz’ Mondre M.A.N. and Squadda B, and more. Alternate Link INCOMING

Oh this from Haleek kid that did that Oxycoteen? I messed with that a bit, I'll give it a shot.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo, if we talking GOAT. Its Hova. Hands down, Jigga is what? Ten albums deep at this stage? And still dropping heat.

Has multiple classics, actual number is is often debated. Every head know hes number 1.

For touching the world with hip-hop almost nobody beats Hov

but I take Cube's 10 albums over Hov's 10 anyday..

HiResDes

Chrome Lips has some dope cuts and some super wack ones, Haleek is really consistent, but all of the features suck ass pretty much except for a few...Haven't said that in a minute. The track with Issue is ridiculously bad. The second track with Tree is way too short, though the first one is ill. Overall this is a 3/5 album that could have easily been a 4/5 without the feature cuts.

...Haleek Maul is only gonna get better, his hunger is so apparent!

Trey

Talking about Watch The Throne. Note the jump between BP3 and WTT- for me, that album/tour was Kanye's apprentice-becoming-the-master moment.

Jay-Z's legacy is in no way defined by this stage of his career. He's given Kanye the reins. Jay is now content with sleeping on the odd feature every now and again. This point of his career is really the perfect time to follow through on his claims that he could be a clever lyricist if he didn't have to hamstring his creativity for more commercial appeal. It remains to be seen if he's interested or capable of doing such.

HiResDes

Tracklist said:
01. A$TON
02. ALLGLDERRYTHING
03. DRUGS (Feat. SKEME)
04. DUMBYOUNGN**** (Feat. Vince Staples)
05. CHEETAH PRINT PANTIES
06. WENDY PEPPERCORN (Feat. Eddy Baker)
07. NECK SERVICE
08. MAY 31ST (Feat. ScHoolBoy Q)
09. UAINTBOUTTHATLIFE (Feat. Just Jae)
10. FREE WAVY CROCKETT

kamspy

Jay is my #2. Pac would be 3. For me it's all about mic presence. Cube, Hov and Pac just seem to have a better fundamental understanding of it than anyone else. Guru would actually be close.

What do you guys think about Cormega? looking forward to his next album.

Love him. Nas' made his own curse when he dropped him from the Firm and played him when he got out of jail after writing a love song about him (One Love). Mega's albums are some of the best 90s East Coast shit out there. The Testament, The Realness, classic shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom