• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Money > Wu-Tang

ibnzxai0Rs1YQa.gif

Coal

Wu is classic, homie. Name an artist that hasn't been influenced by the Wu-Tang, or a member of the Wu-Tang, or someone who themselves were influenced by the Wu-Tang. (Other than people before them).

Dipset didn't influence shit as far as that level is concerned. You know what I associate Dipset with? Pink shirts. Pink hats. Pink, son.

T Dollarz

What is everyone's favorite mixtape/free album so far this year? A lot of people say 4evaNaDay... while I did enjoy that, I'm trying to remember what else was out there. Maybe that Deniro Farrar? I loved that shit.

Esch

Banned
Ghost is aiight.. couldn't give him the GOAT title.. I don't even feel he is the best rapper in Wu..

-most consistent rapper ever
-unique, versatile rap style
-classics
-hilarious

i dont think there is a "GOAT" really, i just use GOAT as a sub for my favorite.
What is everyone's favorite mixtape/free album so far this year? A lot of people say 4evaNaDay... while I did enjoy that, I'm trying to remember what else was out there. Maybe that Deniro Farrar? I loved that shit.

Cigarette Boats easily, and nothing comes close.

DominoKid

lol nope.

as far as free shit...

Theophilus - Rose Island
Gucci - I'm Up

was Control System free?

SoilBreak

Banned

Jarren Benton- Freebasing With Kevin Bacon
Curren$y - Cigarette Boats
Gucci Mane - I'm Up
Fat Trel - Nightmare On E Street
Chuuwee - Crown Me King
Theophilus London - Rose Island
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Antwon - END OF EARTH

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
-most consistent rapper ever
-unique, versatile rap style
-classics
-hilarious

i dont think there is a "GOAT" really, i just use GOAT as a sub for my favorite.

sigh.. you just described Meth.

IrishNinja

yeah,i assume GOAT is a personal favorite too, hence all the noms to people who i cant see if you look at their entire discography (but somebody else might love it)

on LiveLoveAsap, slow start but its picking up...Peso is the easy highlight so far, what others ya'll rate?

Cube is top 5, this isnt up for debate

id normally say top 10 but kams made a good argument last page on versatility. i gotta get on those last 2 or 3 albums and get back to this. if he's not top 10 fuck it, i dont know who is though.

Yo, that is Irish Ninja's new ink.

recons jelly cause my back lookin swole there tho

Ive gone through phases of putting tone as number 1. Very subjective though.

me too...im with esha on his versatility, again its just that ghostdini shit i cant really fuck with personally. few tracks i dug but a lotta misses for me, still the most consistent Wu member (though id argue Mef too personally)

a Cube and the DOC written album would have been epic

id love to see this, with your boy Quik involved - wait, who did most of those classic Cube beats though? i never looked, come to think of it. hard to imagine Ren did much for him post NWA yeah?

Your guys obsession with wu-tang is a bit weaboo'ish. Dipset > Wu-tang.

ahahahaha i know you're not serious..i admit to not giving dipset their due but fuckouttaherewiththis
OB4CL alone prolly influenced more than dipset, and im talkin bout a lot more than just production

you are a bad post generator

also this

Young Money > Wu-Tang

Soli man stop frontin like you Maccas now

Dipset didn't influence shit as far as that level is concerned. You know what I associate Dipset with? Pink shirts. Pink hats. Pink, son.

haha, why cant i find that cam window closing gif when i need it

So are blowjobs in Vietnam but I ain't jumping in line for em

PD going for that gaf-hop quotable money here

Ghost is aiight.. couldn't give him the GOAT title.. I don't even feel he is the best rapper in Wu..

i'm asuming you'd say Meth, ace? Tical usually gets the love it deserves, i wanna say you didnt like 2000 much but you got me to revisit 0, that and 4:21 ill run with nowadays

ps i dont know how this Cube Ghetto Vet track didnt make his b-sides album or whatever it was, but this is nice

Blackace

id love to see this, with your boy Quik involved - wait, who did most of those classic Cube beats though? i never looked, come to think of it. hard to imagine Ren did much for him post NWA yeah?

i'm asuming you'd say Meth, ace? Tical usually gets the love it deserves, i wanna say you didnt like 2000 much but you got me to revisit 0, that and 4:21 ill run with nowadays

If Quik Cube Dre and DOC (writing) made an album I could die happy..

Ren and Cube had no contact until they thought about bringing NWA with Snoop to replace Eazy..

Meth all the way for me.. He flows on any type of beat.. He did a song on bay beats, south beats, NY beats... I couldn't see Ghost rapping with Spice 1 and sounding good..

Let's inspect the god

cysfkaj

Lyrics: Does anyone question Ghost here? He's been one of the wittiest rappers for more than two decades, and his vivid storytelling is probably second only to Slick Rick. Both these qualities make Ghost one of the most quotable rappers ever

Malcolm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXsAFIIBUk

The Hilton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETEnXCnXWOo

Flow: Like most of the Wu, Ghost has mastered nearly every major rhyme pattern in hip hop. He can switch it up at will within the same song, shit is nothing to the god.

Fearless Ninjas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7noxYowElz4

Consistency: Ghostface is arguably the most consistent rapper of all time. Not many 90s artists can honestly claim to have dropped a classic in that decade and the next one - not only is Ghostface's first solo considered a classic, he dropped two more in the aughts (Supreme Clientele and Fishscale). The albums between range from good to great as well. Hell you can argue the OG version of Bulletproof Wallets is near perfect too.

Final: Consider all the classic albums Ghost has been heavily involved with beside his three. Cuban Linx, 36 Chambers, Wu Forever.

Consider the man's genius, and his humor. Name me a better rapper with a sense of humor.

Gihad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_x0NaIRDE

C'mon son. Ghostface can't be denied. I ain't saying he's the GOAT, but he's a contender by any logical analysis

Blackace

yeah, i cant argue with any of that on Mef, Ace - who were Cube's go-to producers though? i know some classic shit was just sped up isley brothers/R&B stuff but it coudlnt all be straight samples i figure

(´ー`)┌
Pooh Jinx Muggs Battlecat
Were his goto guys on his older stuff

overcast

Jesus, I've heard so many arguments on Danny Brown in the past few months. Does anybody in here think he is straight terrible? Curious.

I can definitely understand the complaints against his voice. He is a talented rapper though. I brought this up because my brothers are going at it, funny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny Brown is the most charismatic rapper out. No competition.

Dude could rap about killing babies and I probably would nod by head to it. Come to think of it, he probably has at some point or another.

I have a bittersweet relationship with Terrorist Threats, the first time I hear EXTRA PILLS, EXTRA PILLS! my body is ready to hear Danny jump on, but it's always the Soul verse first. Which is dope too, but still, such a tease.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
At certain times in the career of the Wu tang you could of made real strong arguments that GZA or Raekwon were the best. Maybe even RZA or Meth if you liked their particular styles during their prime.

However when its all said and done Ghost is and was the best. He's been too versatile and put in too much work during his career to be denied that.

Blackace

At certain times in the career of the Wu tang you could of made real strong arguments that GZA or Raekwon were the best. Maybe even RZA or Meth if you liked their particular styles during their prime.

However when its all said and done Ghost is and was the best. He's been too versatile and put in too much work during his career to be denied that.
I just don't agree

But I do respect his work too much to shit on him

Sorry fams, Method Man is by far the most versatile Wu Tang member.

I'll let yall have best wu-tang member though, don't really matter to me, I like most of them.

PBY

Banned
I'm ehhhh on Danny Brown too- love him on features and small doses- but on a solo album like XXX hes too much for me. One of the few rap albums I actually hated after my first listen; since then it's grown a little on me but I still muuuuuch prefer him on features.

kamspy

I'd say Redman matches Ghost's consistency. Reggie being the only weak album. Dude didn't slack on a single bar for a good decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom