• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sorry fams, Method Man is by far the most versatile Wu Tang member.

I'll let yall have best wu-tang member though, don't really matter to me, I like most of them.
I don't really understand this ghost is super versatile stuff that is coming up

Blackace

I'd say Redman matches Ghost's consistency. Reggie being the only weak album. Dude didn't slack on a single bar for a good decade.

The reason why Red and method work so well is because they can go to any beat

Love Redman

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I just don't agree

But I do respect his work too much to shit on him

Sorry fams, Method Man is by far the most versatile Wu Tang member.

I'll let yall have best wu-tang member though, don't really matter to me, I like most of them.

Thats the beauty of the Wu so many classics you can't crap on somebody elses opinion. You can only respectfully disagree cause there was so much talent there.

DominoKid

has this been discussed?

add Kendrick to the list of smart dumb rappers (Nas, Lupe, etc...)

http://theversed.com/2012/08/27/black-hippy-member-kendrick-lamar-says-his-vote-doesnt-count/

Kendrick Lamar isn’t convinced that his vote can make a difference and recently explained why he abstains from casting his ballot. According to Lamar, it’s more important to focus on the people around him than worry about politics.

Lamar explained that he doesn’t have any faith in the political process or the issues focused on by politicians. “My vote counts? I don’t do no voting. I will keep it straight up real with you. I don’t believe in none of the shit that’s going on in the world,” Kendrick Lamar told TruthIsScary.com.

After explaining that some issues were simply too complex to sort out, Lamar added that what matters is treating people around him well. “You talk with me, you talk with me for hours because everything has a contradiction, everything is higher ranking and way beyond us, way beyond people. So basically, do what you do, do good with your people and live your life because what’s going on isn’t really in our hands,” Kendrick Lamar said.

Lamar also offered some speculation that the people who seem to be in charge may not have as much power as they are thought to hold. “When I say the president can’t even control the world, then you definitely know there’s something else out there pushing the buttons. They could do whatever they want to do, we all puppets. Just play your cards right,” said Kendrick.

and this is his response to the backlash he's been getting...
7qz9jq7qdd4l_t.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Who has ever argued U-God was the best? Boo that man Gaf-Hop boo him.

Also Rappers ... Hell all entertainers (included the elected ones) are smart dumb ninjas in my book. Mos Def on Bill Maher is by far the worse example of this ever because Christoper Hitchens just played the crap out of him.

smh @ Kendrick. Can't respect marginalized young people who willingly marginalize themselves even more by acting like both parties are the same. smh

At certain times in the career of the Wu tang you could of made real strong arguments that GZA or Raekwon were the best. Maybe even RZA or Meth if you liked their particular styles during their prime.

However when its all said and done Ghost is and was the best. He's been too versatile and put in too much work during his career to be denied that.

Still bump his Ice Cream song...Love it!!!

How do you guys feel about DJ Quik? Honestly he is one of my favorites of all time and easily in my top ten.
Listened to Quick in my cassette player everyday throughout my school years...

IrishNinja

who posted this soundcloud witch house mix, des or toku? now that im getting into it, its some good shit

I'd say Redman matches Ghost's consistency. Reggie being the only weak album. Dude didn't slack on a single bar for a good decade.

The reason why Red and method work so well is because they can go to any beat

Love Redman

co-signing both of these, if we're on about consistency and humor and such, redman kills it. easily top 10 for me.

Being honest, I've never really listened to any of his stuff. Always hear his name mentioned though, any suggestions for where to start?

Ace's Quik mix is tough

Stankonia.

Discuss.

on and offline, i find this album and parts of love below/speakerboxx taking shit for not hitting the heights of southernplayalistic/ATLiesns and arguably Aquemini; i think it's a good album which only gets denied love in the shadows of those greats. more good than bad to be found as i recall.

Jay-Z tha GOAT.

Discuss.

i don't get overly mad at any GOAT opinions of top 5 artists like that, it's not like when that weird dude in the room says its Saigon or some shit. not my call but im okay with it from others.
ps nice avatar haha

Blackace

You can start with his compilation, The Best of DJ Quik, and work your way into his studio albums: Safe + Sound, Quik is the Name, Rhythm-al-ism

An average album full of amazing singles.
Got a pretty nice Quik mix

Edit thanks irish

Trey

smh @ Kendrick. Can't respect marginalized young people who willingly marginalize themselves even more by acting like both parties are the same. smh

In many cases they just don't know any better and/or don't care to make a distinction. It's alarming the amount of willful ignorance that pervades certain communities. I understand the shit certain rappers like Lupe of Immortal Technique push can grate on nerves, but hip hop goes hand in hand with social consciousness, and you can't be more socially conscious than politics.

Lol.

LOL.

That slaughterhouse album is fire. Hasnt come outta the CD player in the car since i got it.

I found it weak to be honest. Every track sounds like it was produced to be a single and its full of horrible hooks. I thought slaughterhouse was about super lyrical shit?

Instead they deliver some wack ass commercial radio friendly BS!

Why do they have Royce spit his verse first on every single track.

Eminem had a chance to put together a classic and this is what he came up with!

Crooked I use to deliver ill verses. What happened to him?

Blackace

These guys have been underground for 15 years without getting much paper

You really wonder why they trying to get airtime

Lol word?

IrishNinja

irish, you didn't check out that track i posted in the jazz-hop thread

why you frontin mang

dammit i was supposed to catch up with that thread last night, fucked around with spotify and that witch-house mix and slept, my bad man! i tend to let a few posts build up & spend a night catching them, ill start with yours this time my dude

Grzi

Muddy Waters is one of my 10 all time favorite albums, and I'd say it's one of the best hip hop albums ever, generally speaking.
I'd also say a huge part of GAF-Hop never listened to that album, I could be wrong though.

The only way that album could be more perfect is if this track was on it.
Seriously, Redman over Erick Sermon production is a match made in heaven, maybe even more so than Guru and Premo.

Blackace

Muddy Waters is one of my 10 all time favorite albums, and I'd say it's one of the best hip hop albums ever, generally speaking.
I'd also say a huge part of GAF-Hop never listened to that album, I could be wrong though.

The only way that album could be more perfect is if this track was on it.
Seriously, Redman over Erick Sermon production is a match made in heaven, maybe even more so than Guru and Premo.
You crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom