• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Lupe came off really intelligent with that interview. The majority of you will laugh and wont even listen, but he is making a good point.

That Skeme x Q is dope as fuck. Whoever this Skeme guy is, he's pretty nice.

Why? Isn't Tech N9ne like the most successful independent artist?

Skeme has been doing his thing for a awhile. I have an older tape/album on my computer somewhere. The Statement or something like that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't believe Chief Keef got signed off of the strength of I Don't Like.

Everything else he does is straight garbage. Beyond awful. I tried to get into it, no dice.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Which btw- anyone notice that Lex Luger has kinda been lowkey recently? Like, he hasn't shown up on any major albums, not even Ross'? Even listening to his recent beats that have ended up on mixtapes, his sound is definitely evolving slightly. Interested to see where his next major beat ends up.
From what I understand Wacka pulled his coattails a bit especially regarding Rick Ross

DominoKid

Everything else he does is straight garbage. Beyond awful. I tried to get into it, no dice.

Well do you like Flocka and Gucci? cause if you do, then i don't really see how you couldnt like Keef. He's an odd hybrid of the two.

Understand Me is his best song IMO
Murda w/ Flocka & BSM Weedcarrier #4 bangs too.

cant wait for Finally Rich to come out. He got some shit in the tank w/ Gucci, RAWSE and a shitload of other people.

He can't rap, and can't coherently talk. Even Gucci Mane can pull off both to a degree. I'd imagine Interscope will buy some very good production for him, but Jimmy...have you listened to his shit beyond I Don't Like? The ninja can't rap at all, point blank.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He can't rap, and can't coherently talk. Even Gucci Mane can pull off both to a degree. I'd imagine Interscope will buy some very good production for him, but Jimmy...have you listened to his shit beyond I Don't Like? The ninja can't rap at all, point blank.
Reminds me of the video of Kanye sending the engineer to record his verse for the remix, and he had to read those basic ass lyrics off of his iPhone and GAF clowned him for having to write them down :lol

I like 3HUNNA and I Don't Like but yeah Chief Keef is a moron and he makes shitty music. I hope Young Chop breaks away from that loser and makes beats for Flocka and co.

Also he's literally like a neanderthal in that back and forth with Childish Gambino. Did you muthafuckas see him open that water bottle? It was like the primitive age I swear haha.

HiResDes

Really like how easily Donald Glover trolled his ass, like it was perfect.

Recon

Banned
From what I understand Wacka pulled his coattails a bit especially regarding Rick Ross

Also, I remember Luger saying he was tired of always being asked for one type of beat. He was trying to branch out and was done making BMF over and over again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, I remember Luger saying he was tired of always being asked for one type of beat. He was trying to branch out and was done making BMF over and over again.
Yeah, I kind of feel for Luger because he had always sent various kinds of beats to artists, but the most BMF-like ones were the only ones people wanted and they kept rejecting all his other beats because they thought that's all he did.

But to combat that he said he's stopped sending out those kinds of beats period. Kind of sucks, business-wise, but I respect the man for that.

Detox

Kanye pulled off a Cormega with Keef. Didn't the A&R's at Interscope think to themselves if this guy is talented Ye would have signed him before the I Don't Like remix dropped.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kanye pulled off a Cormega with Keef. Didn't the A&R's at Interscope think to themselves if this guy is talented Ye would have signed him before the I Don't Like remix dropped.
Record companies don't worry about talented they worry about moving units his first album should do that

SoilBreak

Banned
q8v95.jpg

For Enzo and Macca

ecurbj

Ayo, that Slaughterhouse album is number two on iTunes right now with a solid 5 stars out of 5 with 1637 reviews so far.

Ayo, that Slaughterhouse album is number two on iTunes right now with a solid 5 stars out of 5 with 1637 reviews so far.

Em has like 3 songs on it although he only has a verse on one....and it sucks..but still.

I think it sucks outside of maybe 1-3 songs.

But man they have possible hits with Rescue Me and Our House.

AlexDaKidd and Skylar Gray is money.

-GJ-

This is pretty cool. They're using artwork that I drew for Lil Wayne's management on the official Dedication 4 page on DatPiff. It's the 'realistic' one on the right sight of the page and (mirrored) on the left side. Not the cartoon one. I'm still pissed they choose the cartoon one over our cover after they asked us to do a cover for the mixtape, but I'm still glad Wayne saw it and they're still using it.

/brag

edit: The tape is coming out tomorrow btw. I'm looking forward to it, although I think Wayne fell off hard after C3.

SoilBreak

Banned
This is pretty cool. They're using artwork that I drew for Lil Wayne's management on the official Dedication 4 page on DatPiff. It's the 'realistic' one on the right sight of the page and (mirrored) on the left side. Not the cartoon one. I'm still pissed they choose the cartoon one over our cover after they asked us to do a cover for the mixtape, but I'm still glad Wayne saw it and they're still using it.

/brag

edit: The tape is coming out tomorrow btw. I'm looking forward to it, although I think Wayne fell off hard after C3.

You're on neogaf? oh shit

Big fan of your covers!

ecurbj

/brag

Nice and your on GAF? Sweet. And I agree. Wayne has certainly fell off after, I would even say C2. I will take a listen to D4 tomorrow though.

/brag

If I do actually decide to give Dedication 4 a chance, I'd definitely be replacing it with yours. That artwork they choose looks like someone was a huge fan of Pharrell's album. Yours fit much better with the rest dedication artwork.

-GJ-

Don't have a account on there. I mostly just lurk around the music & sports sub-fourms.

Ah alright. Thanks for appreciating my work :). I should post in this thread more often. I became a GAF member a couple weeks back and I've been exploring the Off-topic section a little for the last couple of days. Just subscribed to this thread so I won't forget it.

If I do actually decide to give Dedication 4 a chance, I'd definitely be replacing it with yours. That artwork they choose looks like someone was a huge fan of Pharrell's album. Yours fit much better with the rest dedication artwork.
That's an interpretation of Tommy Trukfit (Wayne's skateboard brand mascot) as Wayne. I see what you're getting at. They chose that other cover because it fitted Wayne's skateboard brand better or something.

I want to make album covers too. You have inspired me.
Thank you! You should. If you ever need help just hit me up with a PM.

the Wolf and Frank Ocean covers posted above are dope

I appreciate the love :).

On topic: This SpaceGhostPurrp beat is one of my favorite beats of the year. I don't know if there are any SGP fans on GAF, so I don't know if anyone here would appreciate it, but this beat... It's something else. I don't know any MC who could do this beat justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY3pGROGgA4

Yeah, there's fans of SGP. Hell there's fans here of just almost every artist here except Mac Miller. Yes, believe it or not there's fans of GZA too.
That's an interpretation of Tommy Trukfit (Wayne's skateboard brand mascot) as Wayne. I see what you're getting at. They chose that other cover because it fitted Wayne's skateboard brand better or something.

I knew it looked familiar, but pharrell was the only one that popped in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom