• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurbj

What's your name on KTT?

I didn't think people on GAF would know my artwork tbh, haha. Do you also know me from the KTT thread?
I lurk the site occasionally. I was google searching a few months back and saw the site and lurked the cover thread. Awesome covers bro.

-GJ-

Yeah, there's fans of SGP. Hell there's fans here of just almost every artist here except Mac Miller.

To be honest, I like Mac Miller's K.I.D.S. mixtape. It's not great or amazing, but it's a nice CD to put on when you're hanging out with friends who aren't all that into hiphop or something. It's a nice laidback set of songs. The work he released after that wasn't that good though, and that's when he started to gain a lot of popularity.

PBY

Banned
To be honest, I like Mac Miller's K.I.D.S. mixtape. It's not great or amazing, but it's a nice CD to put on when you're hanging out with friends who aren't all that into hiphop or something. It's a nice laidback set of songs. The work he released after that wasn't that good though, and that's when he started to gain a lot of popularity.
Hi five breh. Also, Macadelic was also pretty good, don't know how anyone can hate on a song like America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nZKwreCVtU

Recon

Banned
I skipped the Slaughterhouse tape based on reactions around here, but just listened to the album, a lot better than I thought it would be. A solid 7.5/10 since numbers are fun.

-GJ-

When is Cruel Summer scheduled for release?

The last we've heard from Kanye is September 4th, but Def Jam has both September 4th and September 18th as releasedates on their website. September 4th won't happen because Big Sean has a mixtape coming out on the 5th, so my guess is we'll get the pre-order on the 4th, digital on the 11th and physical on the 18th (like WTT), or it'll be postponed a little (the album is done and they already have the final tracklist done, so it only needs to be mastered right now).

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Skeme x Q is dope as fuck. Whoever this Skeme guy is, he's pretty nice.

Where's that at?

Ah, thanks, this is fucking dope. I'll have to hunt down more of this Skeme dude.

Haven't been in this thread in a bit of time (work and my love life are keeping me clean off GAF). I need a rundown of albums (free or not) I should be listening too...

and anything that the TDE camp has been dropping/appearing on.

PBY

Banned
For those wanting more Skeme, this is dope
Skeme_Statement_Front.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?jaq9jj6nzhcb5hm

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dope artwork, -GJ-. I love that minimalist shit.

Way too much music for me to handle right now. My backlog is going to be longer than ever in the fall, especially with all the releases coming up, a new Q mixtape by the end of the year, and more.

Currently going through Year of the Dragon. A lot of meh tracks on here, but some gems too. I've come around to King Tut and that Weezy joint is dope too. It's definitely your average Busta release in more ways than one, and definitely sounds like an album rather than a mixtape, but it's nothing special really.

And I can't get away from that Khaled album either. It's just so damn good. Hip Hop is definitely my song of the year thus far. Those verses...

I skipped the Slaughterhouse tape based on reactions around here, but just listened to the album, a lot better than I thought it would be. A solid 7.5/10 since numbers are fun.

I maintain that the latter half of the album is better than people are giving them credit for. Sure there's a lot of that Recovery sound on the project, but there's some good to be found as well.

Recon

Banned
I maintain that the latter half of the album is better than people are giving them credit for. Sure there's a lot of that Recovery sound on the project, but there's some good to be found as well.

Park It Sideways is catchy as fuck.

Edit:

"Our House" NEEDS to be their next single. It has Em/Skylar, it pretty much guarantees radio success.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I recommended that damn skeme tape ages ago. I feel like HiRes all of a sudden :p

Naw it was released so long ago I figure people need to be reminded of it.

Slaughterhouse album is way better than I expected.

Free bassing with Kevin Bacon is still the best ignorant album released this year, better than kiss the ring, gfid, and titty chainz album.

Back to work.

OG Kush

Reminds me of the video of Kanye sending the engineer to record his verse for the remix, and he had to read those basic ass lyrics off of his iPhone and GAF clowned him for having to write them down :lol

also kanye sent his engineer over for the remix and Kief asks if he should record a new verse... like nah kanye just went his engineer over for you to do the same shit.

Recon

Banned
Chief Keef made one good song. But that one song is one of my favorites of the year. Same goes for the GOOD Music remix of it. Its just a perfect blend of ignorance/swag.

-GJ-

DJ, where is this Lil Wayne mixtape you said that's suppose drop today?

Wayne announced it for August 15th, but said it would be coming 'in the next week or so'. The last official thing we heard was it would come out on the 30th. But it's Wayne and it's a mixtape, so I don't know. At least they're promoting it, so it can't be that far away.

Btw here's the tracklist for the new Lupe Fiasco album:

1 Ayesha Says (Intro)
2 Strange Fruition (Feat. Casey Benjamin)
3 ITAL (Roses)
4 Around My Way (Freedom Ain t Free)
5 Audubon Ballroom
6 Bitch Bad
7 Lamborghini Angels
8 Put Em Up
9 Heart Donor (Feat. Poo Bear)
10 How Dare You (Feat. Bilal)
11 Battle Scars (with Guy Sebastian)
12 Brave Heart (Feat. Poo Bear)
13 Form Follows Function
14 Cold War (Feat. Jane $$$)
15 Unforgivable Youth (Feat. Jason Evigian)
16 Hood Now (Outro)
17 Things We Must Do For Others

Recon

Banned

1 Ayesha Says (Intro)
3 ITAL (Roses)
5 Audubon Ballroom
6 Bitch Bad
7 Lamborghini Angels
8 Put Em Up
13 Form Follows Function
16 Hood Now (Outro)

I think I just felt it move...

overcast

1 Ayesha Says (Intro)
3 ITAL (Roses)
5 Audubon Ballroom
6 Bitch Bad
7 Lamborghini Angels
8 Put Em Up
13 Form Follows Function
16 Hood Now (Outro)
Hmmm.. 7 features. I miss Matthew Santos. Don't know who most of these features are. Are they as bad as Guy Sebastian? (Battle Scars is a bad song).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom