• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Going to listen to that Dre Day mix tonight.

You know what'd be awesome? An Up In Smoke mix. Those guys that were there, a mix of their best. Em, Dre, Snoop, Xz, Cube, Nate Dogg. Shit would be the ultimate hotness.

SoilBreak

Banned
The Wu-Tang Comics That Never Were: Wu-Massacre

Here are some pages ANIMAL exclusively obtained of a short Wu-Tang comic book that was based on the clan’s Wu-Massacre album featuring Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon. It was never published and never released, until now. The characters were co-created by art director/designer Alex Haldi and comic book illustrator legend Chris Bachalo. There’s one thing missing though, the dialogue, which is unfortunate, but makes for even nicer visuals. Or just add speech bubbles of your own.

7cKM4.jpg

oATk3.jpg

Tokubetsu

What a great concept/promo for an album with some of the sloppiest execution this side of a U-God side project.

If anyone of them, Meth, Ghost or Rae had even given and inkling of a shit more, the project could have been something special.

How you gonna look at the comic art, and then hear what you have so far and be like "Yeah, let's drop this half-assed, poorly mixed bullshit with this dope art." This was a failing on their part as artists.

Tokubetsu

Everything from Gunshowers to Youngstown Heist is good but it just sounds so fucking awful and brittle you don't even want to listen to the whole songs. Youngstown Heist doesn't sound too bad but it's one of the few tracks on the album that sound like it had any kind of proper mixing or mastering.

mooooose

Riff raff is the real deal. He's the spawn of lil b but he is just so good and legit talented. He can make good music when he needs to. Lil b struggles with that but he is just such a nice guy. His chances at the mainstream were squandered though because he's an idiot.

Coal

A page late but I feel like that Birthday Song video would have been better if it was a Ludacris video. A ton of it just screams Luda to me... like Luda-lite.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ace, that fucking mix. I was just thinking the other day you need to do a dre mix to remind people that he might not give a shit these days, but never doubt how great his catalog is.

I Am got a decent amount of play from me but even back in the day when it first came out, I loved about half of it and didn't even bother with the other half. You can tell it was remade at the last minute and it's too bad we never got the original version. I have the bootleg "original" version and it's definitely a shit metric ton better.

On a side note, they play a lot of rap on the music video channel here, they were playing a K'naan video yesterday. I heard some Jay Z coming out of a bar once, and the live band at one of the local bars plays some poppy rap sometimes. And one of my fourth graders said he dances to rap music. So maybe it's more popular than I think.
I'm guessing though it isn't very out in the open because it's the type of thing that would make the government here really uneasy, especially if a local scene started to develop with local artists.

siddx

Going to listen to that Dre Day mix tonight.

You know what'd be awesome? An Up In Smoke mix. Those guys that were there, a mix of their best. Em, Dre, Snoop, Xz, Cube, Nate Dogg. Shit would be the ultimate hotness.

Fuck yeeessss.

Macca

Just got round to the Swizzy mix. Shit is hot. Say what you will about him, he makes feel good beats. You started and ended with some of my favourite Swizzy tracks.

hey cacophony did Riff Raff end up using any of your beats?

Oh and I think he's much more promising than Lil B. Come on, he's got a whole EP coming out with Harry Fraud. And one with Diplo too.

We going to act like not liking a method man album is some sort of sin now? Really?? I'm one of the biggest Method Man fans here. I can't fuck with any of his solo albums as much as I would like to.

He's the type of artist where I wish he really had a top 5 album.

siddx

Tical exists in some kind of bizarre 6th dimension. There are times when I think it's one of the best albums ever made and then other times when I listen to it and it sounds completely different and I can't stand more than one or two tracks.

Recon

Banned
Tical exists in some kind of bizarre 6th dimension. There are times when I think it's one of the best albums ever made and then other times when I listen to it and it sounds completely different and I can't stand more than one or two tracks.

Imagine if we got the original version....

This is honestly how I feel about it too. Maybe liked was the wrong word for me to use. I should of said love.

Grzi

Sometimes Tical is my favorite Wu solo album. That dark vibe is incredible.

All I hear is gunshots
Can I touch somethin
What the blood clot

That verse...
Oh my god...

...you know my fuckin' style fuck the rappin', we can take it back to eighty five if you wanna start actin like you live...

Esch

Banned
strangely enough I agree

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yo ace, man that mix is dope as hell!!! Having some friends over for beers and a smoke later. I think we have our soundtrack.
Tell me how others take to it !
Ace, that fucking mix. I was just thinking the other day you need to do a dre mix to remind people that he might not give a shit these days, but never doubt how great his catalog is.
I didn't even go in go in

Wanted to show how dope his range is

Blackace

Also think I decided on my next project thanks to thisppage

Blackace

We going to act like not liking a method man album is some sort of sin now? Really?? I'm one of the biggest Method Man fans here. I can't fuck with any of his solo albums as much as I would like to.

He's the type of artist where I wish he really had a top 5 album.
I am one of the few who thought 0 tical was his best

Recon

Banned
Its perfectly understandable not liking the Wu's solo output when compared to their first two group albums. Enter The Wu-Tang is just on another level. I took time to listen to most of the major Wu solo releases in the car, along with Enter The Wu-Tang and Wu-Tang Forever. Enter the Wu-Tang is definitely the best thing they have ever done, solo or group.

I put on Only Built For Cuban Lynx immediately after listening to Enter The Wu-Tang, and it just felt boring in comparison. And I love OBFCL....

T Dollarz

Its perfectly understandable not liking the Wu's solo output when compared to their first two group albums. Enter The Wu-Tang is just on another level. I took time to listen to most of the major Wu solo releases in the car, along with Enter The Wu-Tang and Wu-Tang Forever. Enter the Wu-Tang is definitely the best thing they have ever done, solo or group.

I put on Only Built For Cuban Lynx immediately after listening to Enter The Wu-Tang, and it just felt boring in comparison. And I love OBFCL....

If 36 Chambers is their best, I could agree to that, but it's not by as wide a margin as you say it is. OB4CL and Liquid Swords are in the same ballpark. Ghost's classics are on the level after that and THEN Wu Tang Forever. Actually I think I even like Blackout! more than Wu Tang Forever. I've just never been a fan of 2disc albums, it's just too much.

Recon

Banned
If 36 Chambers is their best, I could agree to that, but it's not by as wide a margin as you say it is. OB4CL and Liquid Swords are in the same ballpark. Ghost's classics are on the level after that and THEN Wu Tang Forever. Actually I think I even like Blackout! more than Wu Tang Forever. I've just never been a fan of 2disc albums, it's just too much.

There is just an energy on 36 Chambers that isnt on the solo releases. Shit is grimy, raw, passionate. Add in a bunch of dope verses from a group of incredibly talented individuals, and you have something that may surpass Illmatic someday as my favorite album of all time. I just felt bored listening to OBFCL right after 36 Chambers. Just my opinion. I still need to give Liquid Swords a spin in the car.

Acid08

Banned
There is just an energy on 36 Chambers that isnt on the solo releases. Shit is grimy, raw, passionate. Add in a bunch of dope verses from a group of incredibly talented individuals, and you have something that may surpass Illmatic someday as my favorite album of all time. I just felt bored listening to OBFCL right after 36 Chambers. Just my opinion. I still need to give Liquid Swords a spin in the car.

36 Chambers is definitely better than Illmatic to me. The amount of variety you get from the Wu is unmatched on that album.

Yup, that's why I love 36 Chambers so much. There's just so much energy in that album and I kind of expected that in their solo releases. Even on the solo album releases that I do love, they still don't have that energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom