• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Things i want but will never get

Half Life 3
Detox
Tical (Original pre flood version)

Its on the list.

Also didnt Deck have tracks for a solo album that the flood fucked up?

Yup Deck's album was lost too. Imagine how different things could have been. From what I understand, Meth's original album wasn't as dark and instead was more like Bring The Pain (one of the few tracks that wasn't lost).

Meth had partied hard after completing the album, including doing some PCP and drinking...only to be called back into the studio to re-do tracks. I'd imagine his career might have been bigger if that original version came out...

Also, Deck with early RZA beats? OH man, it would have no doubt been classic. Instead his career was fucked

Pick a coast to rep: I grew up in cali so west i guess, i live in florida now so east too?
Favourite Artist: constantly changing. I would probably have to go with DOOM though.
Best feature killer: I'm gonna have to go with Em on this one.
Favourite album: Madvillany - Madvillain
What's in your playlist? XXX - Danny Brown(yup still), Nas - Life is Good, JJ DOOM - Key to the Kuffs, C4C - El-P, Skelethon - Aesop Rock

Rank Kanye's albums: College Drop Out, Late Registration, Watch the Throne(if solo only exclude this), Graduation, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. never heard 808 cd. also if bootlegs count i would replace college drop out with bootleg version that had all falls down original, home, the good the bad the ugly.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? wow. ummm. fuck. my favorite solo album would be liquid swords, but i also love cuban linx. also o.d.b. its like a four way tie. digi snacks was fucking dope too. i guess i cant give an answer for this. (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
Illmatic > Nas' whole life? hell no. it was written was almost as good as illmatic. followed by stillmatic then god's son. few tracks stood out on the other cd's.
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Been listening to it. kinda like it. its different. favorite track is Nasty.
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? Lyrically, Nas. definitely.
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: can't find where this discussion is? if its about the whole east coast west coast drama, i can't really choose.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Thank You Based God....j/k when i hear his music: idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg
Pick an era of Eminem: Slim Shady.

also can u guys help me find a song? its a three part song, where the emcee(i believe it's masta ace)is telling a story. the first part is about a guy and a girl. cant remember middle part. last part guy kills himself. each part has different beat. best explanation i can give. sorry.

P.S.:dr dre is the biggest troll ever. (still waiting on detox tho :( )

Yup Deck's album was lost too. Imagine how different things could have been. From what I understand, Meth's original album wasn't as dark and instead was more like Bring The Pain (one of the few tracks that wasn't lost).

Meth had partied hard after completing the album, including doing some PCP and drinking...only to be called back into the studio to re-do tracks. I'd imagine his career might have been bigger if that original version came out...

Also, Deck with early RZA beats? OH man, it would have no doubt been classic. Instead his career was fucked

Seriously. That was decks one chance to get himself a classic. Now hes just stuck in the realm of mediocrity.

Imagine if Meth and Decks debuts were held in the same regard as Liquid Swords, OB4CL and Iron Man? Even Return of the 36 Chambers shits on all Decks albums.

Trey

Illmatic > Nas' whole life? hell no. it was written was almost as good as illmatic. followed by stillmatic then god's son. few tracks stood out on the other cd's.

This is an interesting question. Coming off of Life is Good, could you compile a greatest hits album of all of Nas' non-Illmatic songs that can contend with or surpass that classic album?

This is an interesting question. Coming off of Life is Good, could you compile a greatest hits album of all of Nas' non-Illmatic songs that can contend with or surpass that classic album?

Nah man. The impact of Illmatic>>>Songs on Illmatic.

Although in saying that, personally? I love Illmatic. No tracks get skipped.

Seriously. That was decks one chance to get himself a classic. Now hes just stuck in the realm of mediocrity.

Imagine if Meth and Decks debuts were held in the same regard as Liquid Swords, OB4CL and Iron Man? Even Return of the 36 Chambers shits on all Decks albums.

Exactly. People often argue Tical is a classic, and I suppose it is to a degree. But it should have been so much better. I can't feel too bad about Meth, although I do think he could have been Jay-Z/DMX/Ja big if his career was handled better. He's an actor and has gotten big checks. Deck? Dude's entire career is based off guest verses. He could have had that one album he could tour off, like GZA lol

The Message
Take it in Blood
Street Dreams
If I Ruled the World
One Mic
Ether
Book of Rhymes
Got Ur Self a Gun
Nas is Like
Just a Moment
A Message to the Feds
Cant Forget About You

nothing compares to illmatic. these are just some of my favorite tracks i think are up there though.

Exactly. People often argue Tical is a classic, and I suppose it is to a degree. But it should have been so much better. I can't feel too bad about Meth, although I do think he could have been Jay-Z/DMX/Ja big if his career was handled better. He's an actor and has gotten big checks. Deck? Dude's entire career is based off guest verses. He could have had that one album he could tour off, like GZA lol

Yoooooo son. Statements like that is like the batsignal to me and Irish lol.

But your right. No doubt Deck is a talented emcee, but his beat selection is worse then Nas. Dudes albums are nothing more then a couple aight songs and thats it. I always felt he deserved a classic RZA produced debut.

As for Meth? That Puffy produced Tical prequel slowed his momentum after blackout and his platinum second LP. Meth coulda been big, but like you said its hard to feel bad for him because hes still huge.

Ever been to a clan concert without Meth? Even to this day hes the livest memeber of the clan. I dont think many hip hop heads would argue with a top 5 inclusion of Meth.

Ever been to a clan concert without Meth? Even to this day hes the livest memeber of the clan. I dont think many hip hop heads would argue with a top 5 inclusion of Meth.

truth. rock the bells 08:

ZnaUn.jpg

/

i miss cali :/

just copped a maschine today. this thing is awesome. didnt have much time to play with it today before work but i really liked what i saw. i cant wait to sink into this over the weekend.

anyone else have one?

Are we talking about including tracks off Life is Good? Cause I wouldn't include a single song off that album, but I'm sure I can take some of my favorites from his other albums into a 10 song album and possibly enjoy it as much.

I've heard many rappers say their stage performances are influenced by Meth.

Tokubetsu

just copped a maschine today. this thing is awesome. didnt have much time to play with it today before work but i really liked what i saw. i cant wait to sink into this over the weekend.

anyone else have one?

I have a mikro. The 1.8 update we're getting in October is gonna give us Massive for free.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I thought my mix did a good job of not being too illmatic based

I have a mikro. The 1.8 update we're getting in October is gonna give us Massive for free.

i wanted to get the mikro but since the maschine was $400 i thought might as well get the full. i know theres a new version coming out in october but this is $300 cheaper and good enough for what im doing for now.

yeah dude im really stoked about getting massive for free. this company rules

Tokubetsu

i wanted to get the mikro but since the maschine was $400 i thought might as well get the full. i know theres a new version coming out in october but this is $300 cheaper and good enough for what im doing for now.

yeah dude im really stoked about getting massive for free. this company rules

Have fun man, I love my mikro. Been super motivated lately so I've been putting in work.

cacophony

hey cacophony did Riff Raff end up using any of your beats?

Oh and I think he's much more promising than Lil B. Come on, he's got a whole EP coming out with Harry Fraud. And one with Diplo too.

He said he wants to use 2 of them on his debut in January, & the album is called Castles Around My Heart which is the hook in one of them, so I guess so lol

cacophony

So one of your beats is the title track?

It's hard to believe what that nutjob has to say, but if true holy shit. You got the title track!

Yeah I won't really believe anything until the shit gets released though cause I know how rappers are lol

also, Cruel Summer tracklist from HMV (I don't think it's 100% confirmed real though)

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1208060007/

01 To The World by Kanye West, R. Kelly
02 Clique by Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean
03 Mercy.1 by Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
04 New God Flow.1 by Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
05 The Morning by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D'Banj
06 Cold.1 by DJ Khaled
07 Higher by The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma$e
08 Sin City by John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
09 The One by Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10 Creepers by Kid Cudi
11 Bliss by John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12 Don't Like.1 by Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

OG Kush

anyone else have one?

Yes I got one very dope.But I hope you didnt buy it full price as they're just releasing a new one end of septemner...
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

not that much diff. Just coloured pads now, new screen, some nobs and diff colour face plates etc small tidbits. Us original maschine users still get the 1.8 update for free. NI are really dope that they give all these updates for free.

edit: ah ok didnt see your other posts..

Yeah I won't really believe anything until the shit gets released though cause I know how rappers are lol

also, Cruel Summer tracklist from HMV (I don't think it's 100% confirmed real though)

http://www.hmv.co.jp/news/article/1208060007/

01 To The World by Kanye West, R. Kelly
02 Clique by Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean
03 Mercy.1 by Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
04 New God Flow.1 by Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
05 The Morning by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D'Banj
06 Cold.1 by DJ Khaled
07 Higher by The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma$e
08 Sin City by John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
09 The One by Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10 Creepers by Kid Cudi
11 Bliss by John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12 Don't Like.1 by Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

...anyone else not liking this? Hope its fake.

Have fun man, I love my mikro. Been super motivated lately so I've been putting in work.

thanks dude, looking forward to hearing more new stuff from you! ive been making beats on FL studio with an MPD and this feels like some next level shit lol

Yes I got one very dope.But I hope you didnt buy it full price as they're just releasing a new one end of septemner...
http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/maschine/

not that much diff. Just coloured pads now, new screen, some nobs and diff colour face plates etc small tidbits. Us original maschine users still get the 1.8 update for free. NI are really dope that they give all these updates for free.

edit: ah ok didnt see your other posts..

yep, it was $400. i didnt plan on buying it until the end of this year but the price drop was very tempting. i hope us OG owners get one or two more updates despite a new version coming out, but even so im still fairly content.

Tokubetsu

thanks dude, looking forward to hearing more new stuff from you! ive been making beats on FL studio with an MPD and this feels like some next level shit lol

yep, it was $400. i didnt plan on buying it until the end of this year but the price drop was very tempting. i hope us OG owners get one or two more updates despite a new version coming out, but even so im still fairly content.

Yeah, that's how I used to work too. MPD + FL studio.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Potential Cruel Summer Tracklist, leaked via Japan:

1) To The World by Kanye West, R. Kelly
2) Clique by Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean
3) Mercy.1 by Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
4) New God Flow.1 by Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
5) The Morning by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D’Banj
6) Cold by DJ Khaled
7) Higher by The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma $ e
8) Sin City by John Legend, Travi $ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
9) The One by Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10) Creepers by Kid Cudi
11) Bliss by John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12) Don’t Like.1 by Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

Potential Cruel Summer Tracklist, leaked via Japan:

1) To The World by Kanye West, R. Kelly
2) Clique by Kanye West, JAY Z, Big Sean
3) Mercy.1 by Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz
4) New God Flow.1 by Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah
5) The Morning by Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi, D’Banj
6) Cold by DJ Khaled
7) Higher by The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma $ e
8) Sin City by John Legend, Travi $ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce, Malik Yusef
9) The One by Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius
10) Creepers by Kid Cudi
11) Bliss by John Legend, Teyana Taylor
12) Don’t Like.1 by Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss

CyHi sighting lol

Man, remember the gaf hop days when CyHi AND Big Sean were considered tax write offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom