• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

RZA use to produce everything in his basement (or the Wu or house or wheverer the fuck it was), his basement got flooded and he lost a lot of recordings... which included the original tical album.
did not need to know that sorry i asked :(
tical still classic along with all other wu solo debuts pre 97

cdyhybrid

Ace, this must be your favorite year for E-40 in awhile.

E-40 x Too $hort - The History Channel: Function Music
E-40 x Too $hort - The History Channel: Mob Music

Yes they are dropping two collab albums and on the same day. Nov. 6th

My body is ready.

That woman is gorgeous

nas-cw-5.jpg

nas-cw-4.jpg

Cot damn.

Also think I decided on my next project thanks to thisppage

Meth?

I'm interested!

Anyone know if The Dream is dropping anything coming up?

Guy I know is seeing GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety with Killer Mike in Austin, TX October 5th. So jealous.

Once he knows what to expect. If you've only seen GZA live for the first time in the last 5 years your going to be disappointed. GZA is that dude. But he has absolutely no energy on stage anymore.

Cant even keep a flow going, one of those don't meet your hero's type situations.

Seeing him live first time is something for a fan though. Just after seeing him so many times i think id actually skip a solo show.

Once Meth or RZA is involved the show is guaranteed to be live.

Tokubetsu

Great recommendation on the cans des. Actually hearing detail on one of my favorite songs right now I never noticed before on my 598s haha.

It cracks me up lil b puts "-Lil B" after everything he says haha. It reminds me of that mixtape he has where it says something on the cover like this

Lil B is the most revolutionary artist in the rap game right now - Lil B

T Dollarz

Yo what are the cheapest earbuds that you guys would recommend? Don't need an expensive pair since I've got amazing headphones, just need to workout and walk around campus with.

codhand

no one will agree but plain old apple buds are nice, unless u wanna be different.
i have nicer akg's for other purposes...

DominoKid

Based God > > > Brickbrook

after lil b balls durant up he should volunteer to replace westbrook and lead okc to the title. he's the missing piece.

IrishNinja

Des, +1 to that Nas compilation man. id personally like to see You're da man on there but i dont know if anyone else feels that track as much

And a little something to get your weekend ready... (Dre Mix)

downloading! cannot wait on this man

i always wondered what became of these efforts, thanks Soli! going through it now...still sad i cant put a TPB on my shelf of this shit, might print some out though haha

We going to act like not liking a method man album is some sort of sin now? Really?? I'm one of the biggest Method Man fans here. I can't fuck with any of his solo albums as much as I would like to.

honestly, between Tical, 2000 and Blackout!, there's a lot to love, so yeah i find this surprising

61G4Wu6nLXL._SX300_.jpg

Anyone ever read this? I glanced through it at a comic store but it didn't seem super interesting.

i just got my copy a while back, but my boy borrowed it (along with Cell Block Z or something like that, that Starks signed off on), so ill get it back soon & let you know, man

Sometimes Tical is my favorite Wu solo album. That dark vibe is incredible.

All I hear is gunshots
Can I touch somethin
What the blood clot

yuuup
yo momma dont wear no draws
i saw when she took them off...
standing in the welfare line, eatin swine,
tryinna look fine...with her stank behind

That woman is gorgeous

nas-cw-5.jpg

nas-cw-4.jpg

had to quote again cause cotdamn

Tical or Blackout! ?

both are personal classics for me, for very different reasons...Tical was some dank grimy shit (though not as much as what we could've gotten, granted) while Blackout was a party album for me for years, now it's my #1 workout mix

M-e-t-h-o-d mix

yessssssss

What's Happenin' is my favorite Meth song.

i wanted a whole album of that, it's such a banger

Yup Deck's album was lost too. Imagine how different things could have been. From what I understand, Meth's original album wasn't as dark and instead was more like Bring The Pain (one of the few tracks that wasn't lost).

Meth had partied hard after completing the album, including doing some PCP and drinking...only to be called back into the studio to re-do tracks. I'd imagine his career might have been bigger if that original version came out...

Also, Deck with early RZA beats? OH man, it would have no doubt been classic. Instead his career was fucked

This kills me, i didn't even know Deck lost shit in the flood. after 36, me & my boys were picking our favorites (like you do with comic characters & talk shit about how your dude can fuck up everyone else's, haha), and my underdog vote was Deck: he was masterful at opening tracks and i loved almost all his verses...i waited with so much hype on that first solo drop, and...yeah. that was when i learned some restraint with Wu releases, they were pretty much all golden for me up till then, such a letdown.

Imagine if Meth and Decks debuts were held in the same regard as Liquid Swords, OB4CL and Iron Man? Even Return of the 36 Chambers shits on all Decks albums.

i know Tical's not on that tier for most of you, but damn, it's not sub prime shit either. for what it is, it's a tight album with some classics on it, its just not that cohesive masterpiece LS and others were.
weird that ya'll arent talkin about Iron Man here though.

Enter the 36 Chambers
Illmatic
Liquid Swords
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

There.

i think this is pretty much my vote here too, yeah

Illmatic > Only Built 4 Cuban Linx > Liquid Swords > Enter The 36 Chambers.

Easy.

what the
why is 36 at the bottom? fuckisthistokus

Tokubetsu

Because unlike you mofos who throw the word classic around like it's going out of style, I'm ranking these albums by how much they mean to me personally. As in how often I go back to them and how high *I* hold them. So they're ranked as such. I should probably put OB4CL highest I haven't listened to it in a minute so i felt guilty.

Can't remember the last time I gave enter the 36 chambers a run. You're more likely to find me playing Wu-Forever or Solo wu records breh.

Stop putting 36 Chambers up there, Jesus. The past got you fuckers all messed up, yo. Just when I posted Raekwons "Immobilarity" tracks(And I posted alot) You fuckers were like "Oh shit, I never remember it being this good" Stop smoking weed, and smoke heroin instead.

Recon

Banned
Stop putting 36 Chambers up there, Jesus. The past got you fuckers all messed up, yo. Just when I posted Raekwons "Immobilarity" tracks(And I posted alot) You fuckers were like "Oh shit, I never remember it being this good" Stop smoking weed, and smoke heroin instead.

There is nothing right about this post..lol

Edit: I mean, that post is all kinds of fucked up, not that Shinobi is wrong in his opinion.

word is born, Recon'd avatar and Lupe love initially made me think he was a girl, perhaps one of them cute hipster hip hop girls. Ya boy used to get semi boners reading the god Recon's posts

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
higher than a baby on a seesaw with precious.

I have no idea why but that line had me laughing my ass off.

Recon

Banned
A Fart Ninja might be the greatest line ever written.

Also, Haleek Maul's Oxyconteen is so damn good. I had it on my comp for awhile now, just listened to it. Inebriated is one hell of a track.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Been listening to the JJ DOOM album. I'm not into rap at all, and I never know what's going on - but I'm really digging this album. I thought Madvillain was great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom