• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Purest of based infared beams. The cooking is...infinite. This is the dot at the center of the universe.

ifzR5imfe0mYy.gif

DominoKid

i would trick so hard on that blond in that Lil B video *wipes brow* :/

That doesn't mean shit. Did they force him out of school? Was he forced into the life? It seems much more likely that he took all of these bad influences and embraced them like a lazy conformist imbecile.

Edit: Also that picture makes little sense in relation to Recon's post.

cmon HRD youre smarter than that. if it were that easy, than kids like Chief Keef would be the exception instead of the rule in the hood. you'd have a grip of kids with boardroom aspirations instead of jack boy dreams.
if all you know is gunshots, drugs, etc and nobody ever showed you a better way or gave you an avenue out of the life, then wtf else are you gonna do but be in the life.
does it look like anybody is giving dude any guidance?

shit im not perfect, im doing well for myself though. but out of the folks from my hood that i grew up w/, i bet im one of the only ones that aint got a baby, locked up or selling drugs. i look on my facebook and its a never ending stream of failure and fuckups from the kids i grew up with. and my hood was mild compared to Chiraq.

so thats why i say a kid like Chief Keef never had a chance. shit if you ask me he's lucky to even be 16 they way everybody makes Chicago hoods sound. the system failed him. you cant reasonably expect a kid from those circumstances to raise themselves into a responsible adult. at least i dont.

HiResDes

Yes I can and I do. Chicago is not Uganda. I grew up in a bad neighborhood, though obviously not comparatively so, still ask anyone about living in Avondale next to MLK park in Cincinnati and they'll attest.

Real talk: From 1995 to about 2001 whenever Busta Rhymes was present somewhere, everyone's eyes turned into fisheye lenses. This also happened to actual camera lenses in his presence apparently. You see it in that video only when his verse is close to starting.. I guess the aura of the other rappers was strong enough to suppress this power only while they were performing their verses.

Here's another example of this power in effect.

He seems to be able to suppress it when attempting to woo members of the opposite sex though.

Esch

Banned
it doesnt take a college education or even a GED to understand why promoting murder through art isnt positive

I can't even think of a way to lower the crime rate in Chicago. The city has a lot of cops, is more well funded than somewhere like Detroit, public schools aren't horrible, has gun laws etc. None of that shit matters. Bunch of young ninjas destroying themselves, and their city

Then they go to jail and come out even worse

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I don't want defend Keef but he is a product of his environment

Anybody saying anything is wrong

Should he try to promote less violence in CHI?without a doubt

But he is speaking what he knows and sees

Reminds me of california and the west during the gangwars

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
All this discussion on Nature vs. Nurture vs. Shitty rappers is a waste of time. Ya'll are seriously sleeping on that new Skyzoo. Its positive, and sounds dope and actually discusses class issues in the African American community...

Yo saying he doesnt know better is bullshit.

If you grew up in an environment like that youd know all too well that there are young dudes out there who love to endorse all that shoot em up shit. Makes em feel all hardbody when people are getting shot in their hoods day in day out. Ive no sympathy for fuckers like that. Myself and alot of people worked hard to come up and make a life for ourselves and we came from similar backgrounds. Dudes a scumbag to go glamorising this lifestyle.
Anyone with more than two brain cells knows it leads no where. We grew up seeing it happen, death or jail and thats that. Regardless of circumstances everyone has a mind of their own, this dude is more than capable of choosing to make a life for himself and not endorse this lifestyle that fucks up not only our neighbourhoods, but people lives.

He simply chooses to glamorise it to try make a grip. Fuck this dude and anyone defending him.

There are people in this thread who have lived this, dont get surprised when you see them getting passionate about it.

If you grew up in an environment like that youd know all too well that there are young dudes out there who love to endorse all that shoot em up shit. Makes em feel all hardbody when people are getting shot in their hoods day in day out. Ive no sympathy for fuckers like that. Myself and alot of people worked hard to come up and make a life for ourselves and we came from similar backgrounds. Dudes a scumbag to go glamorising this lifestyle.
Anyone with more than two brain cells knows it leads no where. We grew up seeing it happen, death or jail and thats that. Regardless of circumstances everyone has a mind of their own, this dude is more than capable of choosing to make a life for himself and not endorse this lifestyle that fucks up not only our neighbourhoods, but people lives.

He simply chooses to glamorise it to try make a grip. Fuck this dude and anyone defending him.

There are people in this thread who have lived this, dont get surprised when you see them getting passionate about it.

That's a pretty slippery slope, I mean tons of acclaimed rappers endorse and praise shitty aspects of society. Granted NWA and rappers like Biggie were more talented than Keef by immeasurable amounts, but their subject matter often overlaps.

Sounds a lot like the argument parents and government suits used to try to shut NWA or Pac down with back in the day.

Blackace

Fuck you too... don't come me sideways

I have seen people I loved chopped and have been through some serious shit

The dude wasn't making a grip before
Also don't act like Wu biggie pac snoop dre gucci master p WACKA ross or any other mainstrem G rapper is much different in content
rap
Only thing is Keef can't rap

That's a pretty slippery slope, I mean tons of acclaimed rappers endorse and praise shitty aspects of society. Granted NWA and rappers like Biggie were more talented than Keef by immeasurable amounts, but their subject matter often overlaps.

Sounds a lot like the argument parents and government suits used to try to shut NWA or Pac down with back in the day.

The subject matter does overlap. But when you actually look at the murder rate in Chicago right now, shit is nuts. I bump alot of ignorant, murder glamorising music. I just personally think that the fact Keef is from Chicago, knows that the murder rate is spiralling out of control and still chooses to endorse that shit shows the kind of person he is behind the mic.

Your hometown is being plagued by murders and violent crime, people you know are getting hurt or killed from it. And someone you know come out making songs glamorising that shit, you telling me your not gonna call the dude out on it?

Blackace

The subject matter does overlap. But when you actually look at the murder rate in Chicago right now, shit is nuts. I bump alot of ignorant, murder glamorising music. I just personally think that the fact Keef is from Chicago, knows that the murder rate is spiralling out of control and still chooses to endorse that shit shows the kind of person he is behind the mic.
That is a ridiculous statement

Blackace

How is it? It shows he couldnt give a fuck about his city or the people in it.
Its ok to support murder gangsta in say NY because their murder rate isn't as high
How is that not ridiculous?

And most people who lived in the warzones don't care about much else but living

I don't want defend Keef but he is a product of his environment

Anybody saying anything is wrong

Should he try to promote less violence in CHI?without a doubt

But he is speaking what he knows and sees

Reminds me of california and the west during the gangwars

agreed. While I find Keef revolting, if he was a good rapper I'd probably respect him. Same way I liked west coast gangsta shit.

Old heads have no right to complain about new rappers who have violent lyrics imo; we listened to far more popular rappers who were just as violent. Keef is a product of his environment, I don't blame him. However, I find it depressing that he can't rap and seems developmentally challenged yet got a record deal based off one song. That shit is just stupid, and irresponsible to me.

Blackace

agreed. While I find Keef revolting, if he was a good rapper I'd probably respect him. Same way I liked west coast gangsta shit.

Old heads have no right to complain about new rappers who have violent lyrics imo; we listened to far more popular rappers who were just as violent. Keef is a product of his environment, I don't blame him. However, I find it depressing that he can't rap and seems developmentally challenged yet got a record deal based off one song. That shit is just stupid, and irresponsible to me.

He is horrible rapper and that's the bottomline

Its ok to support murder gangsta in say NY because their murder rate isn't as high
How is that not ridiculous?

And most people who lived in the warzones don't care about much else but living

Im not saying its okay to support it. I bump music that glamorises it yeah, but the basic point im trying to make is this. Keef is making that gangster music that promote that lifestyle while his city is going to hell. Im in no way suggesting dude mix up his whole act and suddenly become all positive and whatever. But it seems a little fucked up to me to actively promote that when its happening in your own back yard.

And also yeah the fact hes not exactly talented rubs me the wrong way.

Im not bout to get into some big bullshit argument on the internet about this. We here to discuss hip hop.

You got your views, and while i respect that, i also got mine.

Blackace

Im not saying its okay to support it. I bump music that glamorises it yeah, but the basic point im trying to make is this. Keef is making that gangster music that promote that lifestyle while his city is going to hell. Im in no way suggesting dude mix up his whole act and suddenly become all positive and whatever. But it seems a little fucked up to me to actively promote that when its happening in your own back yard.

And also yeah the fact hes not exactly talented rubs me the wrong way.

Im not bout to get into some big bullshit argument on the internet about this. We here to discuss hip hop.

You got your views, and while i respect that, i also got mine.

Those same rappers you bump do it

Don't make up reasons not to like the hack

Also respecting someone's view usually doesn't include fuck you if you think this way

Recon

Banned
Just because you come from a fucked up environment doesnt mean you are oblivious to the world at large. And if you are, you were too stupid to matter, no matter your environment. Also, fuck Domino and his love for anything popular and dismissing of anything slightly less popular. That "skywho" remark just shows his ignorance and why he will defend someone like Keef.

Ice Cube wrote some dark, violent shit. But he came across as intelligent. Queef doesnt, and that is why people are calling him out on being stupid.

IrishNinja

i see what both ya'll are saying, but to me - you stay in that environment/mindset, thats all youre gonna know. lying with the dogs = fleas etc, and there's not an easy way out for a lotta dudes like that.

so what, he should just wallow in it, or make a buck? its been said but ace kinda nailed it: it looks worse that he's glamourizing a really bad scene at the moment, but most of the best did the same, if they were studio gangsters or their area was safer, should they get a pass? a lotta people (politically, prison complex system, militarized PDs etc) are eating off their misery; one of their own getting his 15 minutes before likely jail or death shouldn't bother you as much as that. the only other positive i can think of is one largely (since like grandmaster flash anyway) unintended consequence of this shit: awareness, so more people know about how shitty life is there.

fuck that interview was depressing though, i feel like i knew a dude or two in the day with that ego/mindset, and the same enabling, they just didnt blow up. if there was an easy answer for that whole problem, we'd have it by now...but yeah, judge dude on his weak mic skills, not an environment he'd actually have to get away from to realize how fucked up/indoctrinating it is.

ps cmon recon, let's not act like times/situation etc were the same for keef, cube and everyone else literally decades apart now

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
All it comes down to is talent. If Keef had more skill on the mic, no one would give a fuck about what he is supposedly glamourising.

Recon

Banned
ps cmon recon, let's not act like times/situation etc were the same for keef, cube and everyone else literally decades apart now

You cant compare Keef and those dudes who did it before, then cry its not fair to compare them because it doesnt line up with your point. I did not bring up the comparison of Keef and those who did it before him. I just saw that we were comparing and I made a point. I give no fucks about Keef glorifying his hood and behavior. Idiots will always find ways to kill themselves and others. I am just saying he is dumb as shit.

IrishNinja

fair point, that's what i took from PD's post - no idea why anyone's on about how fair deals are these days, i dont know if shit was ever fair but it's been pretty crazy for a while now. listen to shinibofist or someone get into it sometime, its like nepotism x 1000 plus twitter, looks and luck for a lotta dudes, shit makes no sense for an MC.

edit recons im saying it's been done forever now, feels arbitrary to single out one dude cause his spot is more violent than (x) unless you're just harping on his skills like PD did. but context is important, and making cube and where he came from analogous makes no sense for so many reasons you're already aware of though man

Recon

Banned
fair point, that's what i took from PD's post - no idea why anyone's on about how fair deals are these days, i dont know if shit was ever fair but it's been pretty crazy for a while now. listen to shinibofist or someone get into it sometime, its like nepotism x 1000 plus twitter, looks and luck for a lotta dudes, shit makes no sense for an MC.

edit recons im saying it's been done forever now, feels arbitrary to single out one dude cause his spot is more violent than (x) unless you're just harping on his skills like PD did. but context is important, and making cube and where he came from analogous makes no sense for so many reasons you're already aware of though man

Why is the analogy wrong? Please, please tell me. All I am saying is you can rap about some gangsta shit without being a total fucking idiot. This has been proven before. Keef is just a dumb kid. That is my only point. Hopefully the exposure and money hes getting will change his mentality. Probably not, but maybe.

DominoKid

Just because you come from a fucked up environment doesnt mean you are oblivious to the world at large. And if you are, you were too stupid to matter, no matter your environment. Also, fuck Domino and his love for anything popular and dismissing of anything slightly less popular. That "skywho" remark just shows his ignorance and why he will defend someone like Keef.

damn i stay touching your nerves lmao. but whats new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom