• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
damn i stay touching your nerves lmao. but whats new.

You wish, casual face palms are all you ever illicit out of me. I get it, you are dumb, retarded even. Staying in your lane it seems.

Your post about how women have certain duties they should perform for their men sums up all i need to know about your mentality.

DominoKid

You wish, casual face palms are all you ever illicit out of me. I get it, you are dumb, retarded even. Staying in your lane it seems.

Your post about how women have certain duties they should perform for their men sums up all i need to know about your mentality.

lol iirc there's only one of us that's ever been banned for the comments between us and everybody knows who that is.

but yeah...casual facepalms huh.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just because you come from a fucked up environment doesnt mean you are oblivious to the world at large. And if you are, you were too stupid to matter, no matter your environment. Also, fuck Domino and his love for anything popular and dismissing of anything slightly less popular. That "skywho" remark just shows his ignorance and why he will defend someone like Keef.

Ice Cube wrote some dark, violent shit. But he came across as intelligent. Queef doesnt, and that is why people are calling him out on being stupid.
First off there are highly educated people ignorant to the world at large

Ice Cube is a billion times more talented than Keef but as you know he wrote most of ez does it and straight outta Compton

Eazy's album was super ignorant

Just well made

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
'Face just tweeted another pic from backstage. A hell of a show to be at.

A11g7oiCMAAPEGK.jpg

DominoKid

how trendy.
not a fan of female rappers.
but she'll go far if she can get people to go for that 90s house aesthetic.
if nothing else its a welcome change from all this big (sometimes dubstep influenced) pop songs.
in a weird way she reminds me a little of asap rocky when she raps. could be just me tho.

IrishNinja

Why is the analogy wrong? Please, please tell me. All I am saying is you can rap about some gangsta shit without being a total fucking idiot. This has been proven before. Keef is just a dumb kid. That is my only point. Hopefully the exposure and money hes getting will change his mentality. Probably not, but maybe.

not trying to turn this into a sociology thing, but ace kinda called it - vastly different environments. im saying, at 16 where he's at, he should know better but let's not act like dude has a ton of opportunities.

half the classic artists you're talkin about in comparison - how much further you think they'dve gotten mentally if they didn't have some 5% or nation of islam or something come along at the right time & present them with a worldview larger than the block in front of them?
different circumstances, different times = different people, man. i ain't been to chicago but i bet you no one's really trying to reach out to any of these dudes cause they figure shit's too far gone.

TL;DR no one's arguing with you that kid isnt ignorant, i just think you're short-changing some big ass variables in that equation
(my bad if we're hijacking/derailing this shit)

not a fan of female rappers.

i hear this a lot - in general, or just certain ones?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know I've joked about it before too, but seriously a Khaled x Nas album would probably be the closest he could get to an Illmatic quality release in this day and age. Khaled Khaled knows best for homie.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The older I get the less tolerance I have for some of the stupid shit rappers say. Espiecally when they are trying to pass themsleves off as "real". But being a talented musician can at the very least make me entertained by their ability to craft a clever rhyme or deliver it in an impressive way, even if the subject matter itself is pathetically ignorant. But then you have someone like keef or soulja boy who have no talent whatsoever beyond knowing a few good producers. When that bullshit comes spewing out of their mouths there's no redeeming talent to make it sound like anything less than it is, stupid fucking bile.

IrishNinja

enzo...what? play me a beat khaled did that you think fits nas, i aint seeing it

i also wouldnt put using ghost producers past him either, that's how lazy dude is

DominoKid

he means a Khaled EP'd Nas album.
which would be a brilliant idea.

don't let Nas do shit else but rap.

i'd actually add Ross to the EP team as well. they'd do an excellent job of modernizing Nas' sound because clearly he lacks the ability to focus it himself.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I know I've joked about it before too, but seriously a Khaled x Nas album would probably be the closest he could get to an Illmatic quality release in this day and age. Khaled Khaled knows best for homie.

Agreed. Khaled has the ear and relationships to get a nice group of producers together like on Illmatic. Khaled could make a jam for radio play himself. No one can deny Khaled's ear for beats that fit rappers.

IrishNinja

oh, EP = executive produce, so he finds the beats...okay that might not be too turrible i guess, nas really does need someone else making that call to be honest
i used to argue otherwise but i think streets disciple cemented it for me

Blackace

The older I get the less tolerance I have for some of the stupid shit rappers say. Espiecally when they are trying to pass themsleves off as "real". But being a talented musician can at the very least make me entertained by their ability to craft a clever rhyme or deliver it in an impressive way, even if the subject matter itself is pathetically ignorant. But then you have someone like keef or soulja boy who have no talent whatsoever beyond knowing a few good producers. When that bullshit comes spewing out of their mouths there's no redeeming talent to make it sound like anything less than it is, stupid fucking bile.

To be fair Soulja Boy was ignorant and a hack but it was light hearted compared to the dusthead he became
Has a rapper since silkk and Soulja boy gotten progressively worse as rappers?

Also spice 1 has killed more people in his raps than nam

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
enzo...what? play me a beat khaled did that you think fits nas, i aint seeing it

i also wouldnt put using ghost producers past him either, that's how lazy dude is
Khaled doesn't do beats at all fam, but he does find the best ones for other artists.

Victory
Hip-Hop

Khaled x Nas has produced better songs than Nas can make on his own or phone in from sessions with Salaam Remi.

To be fair Soulja Boy was ignorant and a hack but it was light hearted compared to the dusthead he became

Spice was awesome....

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

yeah, superman dat hoe was fun. Bad, but fun in the way something ridiculous can be. Then he started to believe he was some kind of superthug and he went right in the fuckery bin.

spice 1 was convincing as fuck. As a kid I truely believed he was out there just killing everyone and their grandmothers. Id love a good comeback album from him but the last mixtape I heard from him sounded like it was recorded in a 12 year olds basement with a 5 dollar radioshack mic.

IrishNinja

haha yeah i love that shit, your perspective on MCs as a kid...i went to a PE concert and was sure Chuck D hated me too. good times but...awwwkward

Focusing on Cube isn't fair. How intelligent did NWA sound overall in the late 80s and especially their later years? Compton was a killing field back then, and they were the soundtrack. I'm sure NY dudes were shooting each other up while bumping The Infamous. Yet no one here would criticize them for promoting bullshit

The only difference I can see is that most of the most violent gangsta shit of the 90s also had an element of self reflection. Personally when I listen to The Infamous I wonder why anyone would willingly want to live that life if they had the option not to. So far Keef is one dimensional and all about repping that life. Again, just as I'd probably give him a pass if he rapped like Common, I'd probably respect him more if I heard some depth from him.

It's a double standard and indeed hypocrisy but that's how many people feel imo. If you're gonna tell me some gangsta shit, impress me.

Blackace

Spice was awesome....

I loved spice's first 4 albums

But between him Cbo and Bushwick Bill we should have a population of about 450000 Internet the US

yeah, superman dat hoe was fun. Bad, but fun in the way something ridiculous can be. Then he started to believe he was some kind of superthug and he went right in the fuckery bin.

spice 1 was convincing as fuck. As a kid I truely believed he was out there just killing everyone and their grandmothers. Id love a good comeback album from him but the last mixtape I heard from him sounded like it was recorded in a 12 year olds basement with a 5 dollar radioshack mic.
Fun things I have learned by watching Soulja Boy's
career:you can turn any noun into verb if you say it enough
Silly dance steps and silly songs still have an important role in hip-hop music it's just us old timers who pretend we didn't have hightops and were doing the humpty dance

Finally being dusthead will turn you into douchebag

All westcoast independent comeback albums sound like that
Didn't hear it but I bet it had one beat from a real producer maybe even recorded in a real studio

haha yeah i love that shit, your perspective on MCs as a kid...i went to a PE concert and was sure Chuck D hated me too. good times but...awwwkward

It was EAZY E for me

On another note I have met a lot of artist but only Chuck D made me starstruck

And he is super short

Blackace

Focusing on Cube isn't fair. How intelligent did NWA sound overall in the late 80s and especially their later years? Compton was a killing field back then, and they were the soundtrack. I'm sure NY dudes were shooting each other up while bumping The Infamous. Yet no one here would criticize them for promoting bullshit

The only difference I can see is that most of the most violent gangsta shit of the 90s also had an element of self reflection. Personally when I listen to The Infamous I wonder why anyone would willingly want to live that life if they had the option not to. So far Keef is one dimensional and all about repping that life. Again, just as I'd probably give him a pass if he rapped like Common, I'd probably respect him more if I heard some depth from him.

It's a double standard and indeed hypocrisy but that's how many people feel imo. If you're gonna tell me some gangsta shit, impress me.

I just rip him for being lame on the mic

He isn't even Wacka good(ノ-_-)ノ~┻━┻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom