• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Why not? It's common sense.

these are the dudes in sandals and dreads and talk about struggles in a room of people who are talking over it about ken burns documentaries and how that one on jazz fusion really help them understand a minority's plight, trust me ive had lots of these roomates and this is not the same clientele man

DominoKid

malik here is not going so well
why do dudes think basic shit sounds better delivering it slowly like it's open mic poetry night

idgaf about malik really. spoken word is corny as hell. im my roommate's test dummy for his shit and he's clever w/ it, but i hate spoken word.

Macca

sounds pretty good.
sounds like its gonna be the closing part to a song like most Yusef shit is for Ye.
actually im not even sure Ye is gonna be on this song going by the tentative (incomplete) tracklisting.
Yea, seems like it'll be some closing track or something. I didn't mind it.

Esch

Banned
MY NINJAS

November, on RZA's new label. Holy FUCK

Imaging Ghost over piff like this brehs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCzqSFbN0o

NftZ0.png

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Azealia will blow up because she's attractive and her songs are catchy dance club shits.

1991 is guaranteed to get mad play.
Man, does somebody remember this banger?

A+ - Enjoy yourself

Searched for the song for like my whole life :lol

Yo on the real, this kid could spit. He had some raw tracks back in like '96.

coldvein

Banned
just got a replacement copy of my long lost doomtree Standards mixtape in the mail. so good to be back. you guys should like .. buy it or whatever.

82528.625x625x0.jpg

this is pretty tight

My old roommate used to listen to gospel and Christian hip hop 24/7, that shit annoyed the hell out of me.I really hate that urban Christian "hey I look and talk just like you, but I believe in Jesus! Let's plat GTAIV and discuss the scriptures" culture. Fuckouttahere.

My old roommate used to listen to gospel and Christian hip hop 24/7, that shit annoyed the hell out of me.I really hate that urban Christian "hey I look and talk just like you, but I believe in Jesus! Let's plat GTAIV and discuss the scriptures" culture. Fuckouttahere.

An old friend of mine posts christian rap stuff and random bible verses, super corny stuff and then says how much better the christian rappers are than others.

Worse than that his is stupid as fuck "no true Scotsman" true christian bs he always posts. True christians do this and don't do that. He then has the gull to talk shit about Judaism and Islam and how they got it wrong.

PBY

Banned

An old friend of mine posts christian rap stuff and random bible verses, super corny stuff and then says how much better the christian rappers are than others.

Worse than that his is stupid as fuck "no true Scotsman" true christian bs he always posts. True christians do this and don't do that. He then has the gull to talk shit about Judaism and Islam and how they got it wrong.
The thing is that I agree w both of you, lecrae is just subtle/mainstream enough that it doesn't bother me. I mean, there's a KRIT feature on there, and lecrae is from the same general school of religious introspection

PBY

Banned
He also used to cook dinner in anticipation of watching Meet The Browns. smh...

lol. All I'm saying man, is that agree/disagree the album has decent songs, and if you didn't know that he was an explicitly a "Christian rapper" you might not even catch it. ALSO- that being said, I think its unfair to hate on a rapper who legitimately raps about his spiritual experiences; shit, I'd go as far as to say it is hypocritical to criticize that. Is spirituality, if rapped about in an honest and personal matter, not as valid a subject as something like rapping about one's life experiences, heritage, etc? The issue is that a lot of "Christian rap/rock" comes across as forced and manufactured with a blatant agenda, whereas this guy seems to toe that line pretty well.

Some track samples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fL1_hUrrNU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RQkBZEDQE8

coldvein

Banned
lol. All I'm saying man, is that agree/disagree the album has decent songs, and if you didn't know that he was an explicitly a "Christian rapper" you might not even catch it. ALSO- that being said, I think its unfair to hate on a rapper who legitimately raps about his spiritual experiences; shit, I'd go as far as to say it is hypocritical to criticize that. Is spirituality, if rapped about in an honest and personal matter, not as valid a subject as something like rapping about one's life experiences, heritage, etc? ]

that's a good post right there. your soul is who you are. if you're not rapping about that then you're probably talking some bullshit.

that's a good post right there. your soul is who you are. if you're not rapping about that then you're probably talking some bullshit.

This is so vague and general that your post is pretty much meaningless.

If you're religious then of course that'll probaby leak into your music, like Kendrick Lamar for example. I just fundamentally disagree with a lot of religious stuff and can only stand the jesus raps for so long, I even had those moments with Section 80.

But in this specific example maybe it isn't as bad as the christian rap stereotype rappers, but I just haven't ever found Lecrae appealing...so I won't be checking it out.

coldvein

Banned
This is so vague and general that your post is pretty much meaningless.

If you're religious then of course that'll probaby leak into your music, like Kendrick Lamar for example. I just fundamentally disagree with a lot of religious stuff and can only stand the jesus raps for so long, I even had those moments with Section 80.

i dont think "leak into your music" is the right phrase.. if you love jesus and you think he died for your sins, that SHOULD come out in your raps. at least you're being real at that point. i apologize for my ambiguous post. i just think reality is worth maintaining.

HiResDes

Im a devout Atheist and yet I found a lot of enjoyment in Co$$ Instrument of Emotion, because of its sincerity and raw emotion

i dont think "leak into your music" is the right phrase.. if you love jesus and you think he died for your sins, that SHOULD come out in your raps. at least you're being real at that point. i apologize for my ambiguous post. i just think reality is worth maintaining.

I'll stop before this becomes a full fledged religious debate. I think rapping about spirituality and your religion can be done, but I rarely dig it. Chalk it up to my personal tastes.

coldvein

Banned
I'll stop before this becomes a full fledged religious debate. I think rapping about spirituality and your religion can be done, but I rarely dig it. Chalk it up to my personal tastes.

fair enough. we all definitely dislike certain subject matter.. heh. i'd just rather hear a christian dude rap about his beliefs than hear a christian dude rap about some lame shit that he doesn't really care about because he thinks itll sell more shit on itunes.

Esch

Banned
Im straight with you rapping about your religion or views.... but elaborate on it intelligently and with some thought, dont just tell me that you love jesus or some shit. Same goes for the KVLN children too and their antichristianity.

PBY

Banned
15 mins left.

Someone give me a tl;dr on the TNGT or w/e shit y'all have been talking about for the past few weeks. What is it? Seen it posted but I was overwhelmed by music and now I'm looking for more. Is/are those the biggest releases in the past few weeks outside of Slaughterhouse?

You remember the end of the world OH LAWD WTF IS THIS beat from that Kanye fashion show? Its their song. Its a short EP that bangs like a motherfucker.

Heres an album sampler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygKLQ1ItVGY
^purchase links under the youtube video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom