• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LupeFiasco Twitter

This album will probably be my last...its been a pleasure to have all my fans provide so much love an inspiration for me and my family

This was supposed to be your last album 2 albums ago. LupEND my ass.

And that Keef shit is going to be hilarious when it really gets some steam behind it.

This was supposed to be your last album 2 albums ago. LupEND my ass.

And that Keef shit is going to be hilarious when it really gets some steam behind it.

You do realize the record company was why he couldn't end it. LupEND was a THREE part album that was suppose to fulfill his 5 record deal but they obviously wouldn't have that. Hence why we got Lasers than F&L2 pts 1 and 2 (5 albums total). Nothing has changed really

GaGa didn't do Wale any favors on AD.

haha indeed. But that was just coming straight off of Pokerface. I think she's exploded big time since then, and that was Pre-MMG Wale.

Anyways I just heard the ASAP/Rihanna. What a piece of shit. The verse doesn't even fit in there, just tacked on. And it's only good during the verse.

Tokubetsu

Control System is the best rap album of two-thousand and twelve.

I'm all about that real, about that real, this ain't no motion picture.

Trey

Didn't think Lupe would go so far as to go over some wubwub, yet here we are. Actually, I don't immediately hate this as much as I did his last single.

I don't think that's on the album. I'm not sure what it is actually

GOOD.

Didn't think Lupe would go so far as to go over some wubwub, yet here we are. Actually, I don't immediately hate this as much as I did his last single.

His lyrics and flow were great on the last single, though I didnt like Bitch Bad. He did say that Form Follows Function (next single) is his favorite song on the album so we will see where he's really going in terms of production.

overcast

Control System is the best rap album of two-thousand and twelve.

I'm all about that real, about that real, this ain't no motion picture.
You know, I wouldn't agree with this personally, but this is a good opinion. That album has grown on me so much. It's definitely in my top 5 thus far.

Scared to check out that new Lupe track, already glad to hear it's not on the album.

DominoKid

sometimes im a surprised more people ITT dont like big sean

but then sometimes im not.

he's underrated though.

how it feel >>>

also lmmfao @ common's story on this mixtape.
i can picture him being taken aback at how awesome strip clubs are.

HiResDes

Big Sean is underrated? I mean the guy doesn't make my ears bleed, but what? I can't remember the last time you posted something and I went, yo dude is speaking the truth.

DominoKid

Big Sean is underrated? I mean the guy doesn't make my ears bleed, but what? I can't remember the last time you posted something and I went, yo dude is speaking the truth.

I think so. He's makes pretty good songs. His beat selection is always on point, and his flows/delivery are good enough to where they cover up his lyrics. He's an easy person to hate on cause he's the Kirkland Signature version of Drake. But I look at my Big Sean section in my iTunes and there's a lot of songs I like. Something like 60/40.

I'm actually most interested to see what Big Sean does in Cruel Summer, cause I think he's gonna steal the show.

Anyway. I listen to rap completely differently now. Ever since I got a car (in december) my favorite artists have shifted to people I like driving to. I listen to everything like I'm bumpin on the freeway.

I'm still pretty much right all the time though.

Esch

Banned
ive missed this whole bit, links pls

just check his twitter, dude obviously got some sort of phone call from an exec (or maybe lupe/goons) and took everything back, typical 16 year old shook ass ho ass behavior, dude is taking L's like Kat Williams playing ball with the harlem globetrotters

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Really feeling this free Ice Cold Perm album by 100s at the moment. Don't know anything about the guy other than him being from out the Bay, but he raps primarily about playa shit over the new age style of west coast beats that people like Ryan Hemsworth (who produces the outro) make and it works out pretty damn well.

100s - Ice Cold Perm
7C5Vp.jpg

DominoKid

It's interesting to me how Interscope is playing this shit.

Up until now they been letting him (Chief Keef) wild the fuck out and do whatever.
Now him and his crew got rumors of bodies on em.

He's been getting a lot of magazine promo and he's been seen with a lot of stars. Interscope is setting him up nice on the music side. But they're trying to let his street shit play up "organically." They're trying to make him the 50 Cent in a style/swag package like what's hot today. as in the guy to be the leader of the gangster shit in the mainstream.

Maybe that's just me though.

edit: 50centVerified ‏@50cent
@chiefkeef if you still In new York come see me @50cent
3 hrs ago

it's just real interesting.

Cudder

Cudder
(Today, 06:17 PM)

Take a guess at what those albums have in common.

That was posted like a week ago. They just late on the XXL article. Either way, I'm interested in Doomstarks, don't care much about Madvillainy 2, maybe some cool sounding beats.

You mean besides Kid Cudi being the main artist? not sure what type of dumbass question that is, but MOTM fans and WZRD fans can be one in the same.

Sorry, I thought you guys meant MUSICALLY, where MOTM is actually good, and WZRD is kinda, not?

Cudi is the commonality between them, yes. But other than that, there is nothing about the music between the two that makes me think the majority of MOTM fans like WZRD.

DominoKid

It's also funny that Big Sean and Drake (really both camps) keep sending subliminals back and forth to each other. But they'll still appear on each others songs and shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's also funny that Big Sean and Drake (really both camps) keep sending subliminals back and forth to each other. But they'll still appear on each others songs and shit.
Not really. Big Sean and Drake not at all.

Pusha is a shitstarter and Common.. I don't even know about Common or what the fuck dudes problem was. You just know Drake is holding his tongue on going off on the whole camp though because he likes Ye and Sean and owes parts of his style to them.

DominoKid

Basically they just call each other copycats and clown each others flows.

So yeah. It's just amusing. It'll never reach full scale beef unfortunately because its just for $$$ and attention.

Gorillaz

Not really. Big Sean and Drake not at all.

Pusha is a shitstarter and Common.. I don't even know about Common or what the fuck dudes problem was. You just know Drake is holding his tongue on going off on the whole camp though because he likes Ye and Sean and owes parts of his style to them.

I honestly don't see Drake having the balls to call out GOOD music period. He's a little smarter then that.

Could anyone on Gaf-Hop hook me up w/ Big Sean's Detroit that doesn't have "DatPiff" plastered all over the lyrics section.

Big Thanks if you can help (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom