• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kendrick is gonna outsell A$AP simply because he (and the rest of TDE for that matter) went about building a fanbase slowly over time. We got all their first albums for free (Jay Rock exemption), then going towards the release of their second they would drop a song for free what felt like every other week. Most people actually bought digital copies of Control System, HnC etc. He's got an audience that he already knows will drop ten bucks on him. All he needs to do now is push them to spread the word.

Yeah, I was saying a month back, that I feel like ASAP kind of rushed getting signed to a major label, but if it works out for him then cool.

HiResDes

I knew someone would chime in.. I fuck with Childish, he is a cool ass dude
to just talk to.

Thanks man. I see there is no word on the new Kendrick?
Sorry it was an inside joke, no one ever pays attention to the quarterly wrapups I do, even after they've been added to the OP.
Believe it or not, there is more than one fan of Louie on GAF.

Yeah I was just fucking with you, he's my favorite standup comedian right now...Well him or Chappelle.

I found away around that shit!

All you need to do is download the album from datpiff.com. I make sure that I make a folder under My Music---Big Sean and in there I would make a folder called "Detroit". Then I would unzip the folder from Datpiff and copy or drag all the files into that Detroit folder. Then click iTunes and find the Detroit folder. Click the album when its in iTunes. Hit control + A to highlight all the tracks in that album, right click and an select convert ID3 Tags. Check ID3 tag version and select from none to v2.2. Click "Ok".

Now you can go back into the Detroit folder and edit all the settings on all the files by right clicking on each track and select Properties. Select the details tab. You should see "Datpiff" in the Comments part. Delete that and click Ok. Do that for every track and then go into iTunes and feel free to delete "Datpiff" from the lyrics part of each track. It will reflect to the files and it's removed.

It's an hassle to do but I found away to get that shit off when I download mixtapes. So instead of downloading it and when I play the mixtape on my iPhone I don't see that stupid "Datpiff" slogan or lyrics part when I play it. Now it plays and I don't see it anymore.

Hope that helps, bruh!

Thanks for the detailed explanation man. I"m glad someone cares as much as I do.

oh shit

Tokubetsu

I always think it's weird when people consider old Kanye "backpack." He's always been making popular mainstream rap music. That just meant something completely different ten years ago than it does today. Closest he came to back pack was weird one off features and tours when he was on the come up.

I always think it's weird when people consider old Kanye "backpack." He's always been making popular mainstream rap music. That just meant something different ten years ago.

Same, like when I listen to CD/LR, dude always rapped about cars, chains, and shit. Listening to other "backpack" rappers and Kanye, there is definitely a difference. Dude just was more conscious, but I guess people automatically mix the two together.

Recon

Banned
I always think it's weird when people consider old Kanye "backpack." He's always been making popular mainstream rap music. That just meant something completely different ten years ago than it does today. Closest he came to back pack was weird one off features and tours when he was on the come up.

His whole demeanor back then was different, and he had this upbeat energy in his rhymes that is just missing now. The difference in production is also apparent.

Example would be Jesus Walks. That track has more heart and energy than MBDTF and WTT combined. And I dont even fuck with that track like that.

T Dollarz

I guess this verse on Detroit will just have to do.

Come on man, you come back from a 4 month hiatus and you pick up Detroit? Nah son.

Theophilus London - Rose Island Vol. 1
Smoke DZA - Rugby Thompson
Oddisee - People Hear What They See
Nas - Life is Good
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
JJ DOOM - Key to the Kuffs
Frank Ocean - channel.ORANGE
Domo Genesis - No Idols
Curren$y - Cigarette Boats
Alchemist - Russian Roulette
Aesop Rock - Skelethon
A$ton Matthews - VERSACE RAGZ

My favorite summer releases right here.

Recon

Banned
Come on man, you come back from a 4 month hiatus and you pick up Detroit? Nah son.

Nas - Life is Good
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Domo Genesis - No Idols
Aesop Rock - Skelethon

The Stoned Immaculate isnt on there? I thought everyone was dick riding that album pretty hard.

Recon

Banned
Fuck yeah, you're right. Actually most people didn't, but I loved it. Throw that on there for sure.

That album was pretty popular around these parts. I think Siddx and myself were the only ones lukewarm on it.

Although, after smoking a few bowls, I warmed up to it. Still, I think spitta is boring most of the time.

Gaf-Hop I need your best new music recommendations from
the past 4 months. I spent some time moving, working, and without internet.
Just dl Detroit and got a hold of new ab-soul and childish.

What I've been listening to in the past week:

Rapsody's The Idea of Beautiful - if you want a female MC/9th Wonder fix (is anyone still checking for 9th and non-Nikki female MC's these days?)

Substantial's Home Is Where The Art Is - Nujabes weed carrier comes up in the world

A-1's The Thurl Tape - dunno what it is about dude, but I dig his music, and I can't really explain why.

Nas - Life is Good
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Domo Genesis - No Idols
Aesop Rock - Skelethon

Should have mentioned I got Franks new shit. But the rest is great.
Thanks man. And I just got detroit cause it was free yesterday. It's
disappointing me, I was hoping it would be more Finally Famous like.

That Substantial is interesting. Gonna listen to the whole thing tonight.

Tokubetsu

The only thing Cliq needs to listen to this year is Ab-Soul's "Control System." No other album matters until he reports back with a ten page essay on why "Control System" is the greatest rap album of two-thousand and twelve.

Tokubetsu

Is this our punishment for not liking Mac Miller enough

If anything, all the people who love Mac are to blame because if he wasn't making so much money touring etc, this wouldn't be a problem.

Mac Miller fans ruining the rap game.

Is this our punishment for not liking Mac Miller enough

macmillermixtape.jpg

The only thing Cliq needs to listen to this year is Ab-Soul's "Control System." No other album matters until he reports back with a ten page essay on why "Control System" is the greatest rap album of two-thousand and twelve.

I got that shit. Waiting on the Black Hippy album.. I can hope right?

Is anyone else starting to hate chris browns voice? Shit is annoying now.
"Now" being his last 2-3 albums. He just ruined a actually decent song for me - Selling Dreams/ big sean

Recon

Banned
I understand suing people over samples if it is on a non free mixtape. But those mixtapes are not being sold..so..wtf.

Tokubetsu

I understand their reasons, I just dont agree with them at all and find it a bitch move.

Oh it is. Especially in Mac Miller's case where he spoke to the dude he sampled personally, and shit was cool then he gets hit with a case months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom