• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
CD/LR/GRAD were tied to a concept. Now my question to you is afterwards didn't the style switch up every album?

He has had only 1 solo rap album since Graduation. 808 was purposefully very different and MBDTF is a new sound. WTT was mostly produced by others, so that doesnt really count.

Lhexh

He has had only 1 solo rap album since Graduation. 808 was purposefully very different and MBDTF is a new sound. WTT was mostly produced by others, so that doesnt really count.

The world according to Recon guy. Just because it isnt rap means it doesn't count even though it is the same artist and he chose that style. Which is what I said in my first fucking post.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus Christ, let what go? How the fuck do you get anything other than CD/LR/GRAD were a gradual evolution in his sound?
I don't see the connection between LR and Graduation in sound, only in album theme. Graduation was considerably different, dropped a lot of his old sampling styles altogether, and had a way poppier sound. Well not altogether, but considerably less.

If we're talking sound, rapping, production, pretty much the only two that bunch up are TCD and LR. Otherwise, not really.

Recon

Banned
The world according to Recon guy. Just because it isnt rap means it doesn't count even though it is the same artist and he chose that style. Which is what I said in my first fucking post.

So, Kanye makes a non hip hop album. But it counts as a hip hip album. Because? Because it fits your narrative? Okay. Cool. Also, "Recon guy" LOL.

Recon

Banned
I don't see the connection between LR and Graduation in sound, only in album theme. Graduation was considerably different, dropped a lot of his old sampling styles altogether, and had a way poppier sound.

If we're talking sound, rapping, production, pretty much the only two that bunch up are TCD and LR. Otherwise, not really.

His sound was definitely going that way on LR. Hell, Celebration could be on Graduation and fit right in.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Following Kanye's progression is easy, it changes with his ghost producers.

Recon

Banned
Following Kanye's progression is easy, it changes with his ghost producers.

I am pretty sure Kanye doesnt produce anything from scratch anymore. He just takes a ghost producer drum beat, adds a synth, and calls it a Kanye beat.

Cudder

that Frank Ocean performance sucked.

also big ups to Rocky
A2KYW7oCMAAx-Dt.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i was sad chris brown and drake didn't fight tonight. rappers ain't beefin the same :(

if this was 95 they would be on some oynx shit.

i don't usually condone violence but those 2 deserve it fighting over some broad. drake was talkin mad shit about common in his dis verse despite common not throwing a punch...but when another artist actually gets in a physical altercation with him and injures people like

<--

he doesn't handle that shit despite being in the same room.

It's right up there with 50 and Wayne huggin each other after 50 been dissin Wayne for 3 years.

edit: not talkin about people shooting guns..just brawl and make that shit entertaining.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Did she kiss him back or did he take it like Adrian Brody? Also wow she must get passed around a lot but then again as a RnB chick that is the norm.

T Dollarz

I thought Rihanna looked better with the red hair look...

And holy fuck this Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them sounds so much better now. LOVE it!! Also listened to Her Favorite Colo(u)r earlier and didn't feel it as much. Before that listened to Below the Heavens and, well yeah, you know. Just so good.

Tokubetsu

That Kanye sold out to Jay. Same Jay -Z that didn't want to sign him to Rocafella as a artist. If Dame didn't do that sneaky shit and sign him anyway, the world would be quite different. Kanye would probably be hanging out and touring with Talib :|

And the world would be a duller place.

HiiiLife

I'm out of the loop...

And holy tits I just checked out tracks by Chief Keef....

I'm speechless......

Not a good speechless. Lol.

Lhexh

So, Kanye makes a non hip hop album. But it counts as a hip hip album. Because? Because it fits your narrative? Okay. Cool. Also, "Recon guy" LOL.

You are putting genres on shit and words in mouths. I never said he reinvents his sound every hip-hop/rap album.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That Kanye sold out to Jay. Same Jay -Z that didn't want to sign him to Rocafella as a artist. If Dame didn't do that sneaky shit and sign him anyway, the world would be quite different. Kanye would probably be hanging out and touring with Talib :|

Ya know Dame is a scumbag but I think the music industry as a whole would of been a better place if he wasn't basically blacklisted. Once again I know he brought it on himself but based on Music exec skill and experience it should of been him and not Jay who was made into def Jams president.

Macca

Daaaaamn. Just heard Clique. Hit Boy is a motherfucking maniac. I can't see anyone touching him for producer of the year for me this year. Banger after banger. Shit son.

I mean, Goldie, Theraflu, Wish You Would and now this? Fuck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Daaaaamn. Just heard Clique. Hit Boy is a motherfucking maniac. I can't see anyone touching him for producer of the year for me this year. Banger after banger. Shit son.

I mean, Goldie, Theraflu, Wish You Would and now this? Fuck.

I like hitboy but Theraflu was a mess of a beat

Not bad but not good also

Lhexh

Ya know Dame is a scumbag but I think the music industry as a whole would of been a better place if he wasn't basically blacklisted. Once again I know he brought it on himself but based on Music exec skill and experience it should of been him and not Jay who was made into def Jams president.

Dame knew how to put shit together that's for sure. I miss that dude spazzing out in videos with Armadale.

Lhexh

1. Kanye West, R.Kelly &#8211; To The World
2. Kanye West, Jay Z, Big Sean &#8211; Clique
3. Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz &#8211; Mercy
4. Kanye West, Pusha T, Ghostface Killah &#8211; New God Flow
5. Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, Cyhi The Prynce, Kid Cudi, D&#8217;Banj &#8211; The Morning
6. DJ Khanled &#8211; Cold
7. The-Dream, Pusha T, Ma$e &#8211; Higher
8. John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, Cyhi The Prynce, Malik Yusef &#8211; Sin City
9. Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Marsha Ambrosius &#8211; The One
10. Kid Cudi &#8211; Creepers
11. John Legend, Teyana Taylor &#8211; Bliss
12. Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss &#8211; I Don&#8217;t Like (Remix)

Disapointed I have heard a small chunk of the album already.

overcast

Wow, listened to 5 of those tracks already. Clique grew on me already, damn. Jay killed it.

Actually, those are definitely not bad tracks. I Don't Like is the worst track of all the ones released thus far. I would have liked some more fresh songs for sure. 2 Chainz is on it three times, no Mos Def.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom