• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

My favorite rapper on a tape from my favorite store/crew/label.

We are very proud to present the next installment of the High Tide mix series. This is where we do our best to summarize recent hip hop releases that may not have been on everyone's radar, but probably will be soon. Once again we've got Purple Tape Pedigree/Fresh Out The Box's own Geng Grizzly on the 1's and 2's. Although I guess it's just the 1 and 2. I never realized that expression was unnecessarily pluralized, cause it's just one set of turntables, it's not like DJs commonly DJ on multiple sets of turntables (but it happens). Anyways this mix covers a great deal of the artists we're into, and it's sure to keep you vibin from the wake and bake to the day's last puff.

On this mix you'll get a healthy dose of Shadowrunners frontman Himself The Majestic. It is really time for people to start paying attention to this dude who happens to have a 100% success rate when it comes to being a good rapper. While none of their releases have hit big yet, the Shadowrunners have been steadily cranking out great tunes, and every single appearance that Himself makes is top notch. His material is always incredibly unique and his raps are familiar enough to strike a chord, but simultaneously puzzling enough to keep you guessing and scrambling for google. He strikes a masterful balance between making the listener feel comfortable, and forcing them to work in order to keep up. He'll bounce around from incredibly superficial kind of status quo rap speak, to brutally honest and unguarded confessions. He'll drop knowledge about familiar wrestlers, and obscure video games, then remind you what he likes to do in the bedroom. To Himself the things the audience knows, and the things the audience doesn't know figure equally. His unique approach will draw you in, and then he'll actually take you somewhere.

We've also got a few exclusives, courtesy of Geng's dubious rap world connections. So, while the country is embroiled in attempting to resolve the massive feelings of regret and trepidation that come with choosing between two egregiously unrepresentative presidential candidates, our steadily growing world of rap music continues to bang yall over the head with the antidote. It's just a bunch of real motherfuckers livin real ass lives, and doin art at the same damn time. And don't forget to tune into Fresh Out The Box every Thursday 7:30 - 9:30 PM EST on BBox Radio.
- Мишка Bloglin

---

Why doesn't Gaf love Mishka?! Blake does..

tumblr_m59kxcenzE1ql1i14o1_1280.jpg

I am pretty sure Kanye doesnt produce anything from scratch anymore. He just takes a ghost producer drum beat, adds a synth, and calls it a Kanye beat.

Your a funny guy.

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/meth.mp3

This isn't exactly a mix that shows his Wu roots... but more to show his versatility...

This is awesome, my favorite mix yet. Do you have a track list?

They have some alright stuff, i like that they support a lot of lesser known artists. The mix is pretty chillin'

Tokubetsu

We are very proud to present the next installment of the High Tide mix series. This is where we do our best to summarize recent hip hop releases that may not have been on everyone's radar, but probably will be soon. Once again we've got Purple Tape Pedigree/Fresh Out The Box's own Geng Grizzly on the 1's and 2's. Although I guess it's just the 1 and 2. I never realized that expression was unnecessarily pluralized, cause it's just one set of turntables, it's not like DJs commonly DJ on multiple sets of turntables (but it happens). Anyways this mix covers a great deal of the artists we're into, and it's sure to keep you vibin from the wake and bake to the day's last puff.

On this mix you'll get a healthy dose of Shadowrunners frontman Himself The Majestic. It is really time for people to start paying attention to this dude who happens to have a 100% success rate when it comes to being a good rapper. While none of their releases have hit big yet, the Shadowrunners have been steadily cranking out great tunes, and every single appearance that Himself makes is top notch. His material is always incredibly unique and his raps are familiar enough to strike a chord, but simultaneously puzzling enough to keep you guessing and scrambling for google. He strikes a masterful balance between making the listener feel comfortable, and forcing them to work in order to keep up. He'll bounce around from incredibly superficial kind of status quo rap speak, to brutally honest and unguarded confessions. He'll drop knowledge about familiar wrestlers, and obscure video games, then remind you what he likes to do in the bedroom. To Himself the things the audience knows, and the things the audience doesn't know figure equally. His unique approach will draw you in, and then he'll actually take you somewhere.

We've also got a few exclusives, courtesy of Geng's dubious rap world connections. So, while the country is embroiled in attempting to resolve the massive feelings of regret and trepidation that come with choosing between two egregiously unrepresentative presidential candidates, our steadily growing world of rap music continues to bang yall over the head with the antidote. It's just a bunch of real motherfuckers livin real ass lives, and doin art at the same damn time. And don't forget to tune into Fresh Out The Box every Thursday 7:30 - 9:30 PM EST on BBox Radio.
- Мишка Bloglin

---

I mainly follow their stuff for the electronic/dark/witchy releases. I think HRD does the same. I have their "Guide to Grave Wave" set.

-GJ-

Clique is so fucking dope. The transition of that Flossy intro into that beat that came straight from Hell... I love it.

That Clique chorus is nails on a chalk board. How someone making that song or producing it could have replayed it dozens, maybe hundreds of times without suggesting a change to it is beyond me.

-GJ-

That Clique chorus is nails on a chalk board. How someone making that song or producing it could have replayed it dozens, maybe hundreds of times without suggesting a change to it is beyond me.

They should've used the intro of the song as the hook. That would be so much better.

RJT

BTW, I finally listened to the Swizz Beatz and the Dr Dre mixes.

I wasn't expecting this, but I actually preferred the Swizz Beatz mix. Perfectly mixed, and great song selection. Congratulations on the amazing mix, Ace. The Dre mix was good, but I ended up not replaying it as much. And I ain't even a Swizz Beatz/Ruff Ryderz fan...

On the to next one. Can't wait to listen to Meth.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BTW, I finally listened to the Swizz Beatz and the Dr Dre mixes.

I wasn't expecting this, but I actually preferred the Swizz Beatz mix. Perfectly mixed, and great song selection. Congratulations on the amazing mix, Ace. The Dre mix was good, but I ended up not replaying it as much. And I ain't even a Swizz Beatz/Ruff Ryderz fan...

On the to next one. Can't wait to listen to Meth.

The point was to have more of Dre's under appreciated stuff

So I can see how it wouldnt be as good as Swizzy best

PBY

Banned
So..... Talib Kweli's tape is SURPRISINGLY.... SHOCKINGLY GOOD.

Wow. Thought the dude was donezo, but this might crack my top 10. Realllly feeling this, damn.

I thought the low point would be the "Make it Nasty" --> "Make it Classy" remix... but that even wasn't bad.

RJT

So..... Talib Kweli's tape is SURPRISINGLY.... SHOCKINGLY GOOD.

Wow. Thought the dude was donezo, but this might crack my top 10. Realllly feeling this, damn.

I thought the low point would be the "Make it Nasty" --> "Make it Classy" remix... but that even wasn't bad.

I don't think it's that good, but it is better than I expected. People give Kweli too hard a time.

I listened to a couple tracks off that Tinashe, and damn she's cocky as hell, haha.

We get it, you got that ill na na
songs are dope though

DominoKid

- Мишка Bloglin

---

i like their clothes. aside from Lil B their music posts are spotty.

Tom Penny

Haven't really been bumping anything new and a while but damn Killer Mike and Nas's shit is rather spectacular. I'm usually stuck on my 90's shit but that shit is hot.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Especially dudes like POS, he is so wack.

in 04-05ish

I went to see Atmosphere and P.O.S. was opening up for them. I liked his shit and when I went to the merch table to say I enjoyed his shit and to get his autograph, he dissed me to talk to some bean pole lookin broads. never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom