• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't you praising Elzhi the other day?
Dude is basically a walking weak ass simile.
"I'm higher than this, sharper than that, heavier than this, better than that etc."

I put him in the same category as Slaughterhouse: Boring shit with a couple of good moments.

El has some weak ones here and there, but overall is a great lyricist.

PBY

Banned
I just have to say that OTCommunity Gafhop version 2.0 is already off to a WAYYY better start than the last thread. So much more active, I'm into this.

Jay Sosa

I got so desperate last night and still got cock blocked in the end. This really unattractive chick, pretty much the only regular at the bar I haven't thought about banging, comes to hang with me. She's cool, I'm cool with hanging with her. She brings over her sister. She goes to get another beer. I hit on the sister, who is more attractive, but she acts extremely prudish and lacks any sense of humor. I leave. Later on I'm really horny, and the first girl comes back and starts rubbing on my shoulder. She says she knows I don't want to bang her, but promises to give me the best blowjob I've ever had. Her sister overhears and tells her that I hit on her and not to do it, suggesting I'm a slut. I would be, but fate never allows it, lol.

Well at least they were female. ;P

I don't even get anywhere that close to sex btw..so don't feel bad. I mean I'm sitting at home alone on a saturday evening posting on GAF watching the Yankees lose one zip..

I used to think the same until The Bar Exam 2, The Bar Exam 3, Success Is Certain, and Street Hop (to a lesser extent). Too much mediocrity. His pre-2008 output is solid, and he can still ride the beat with the best of them (see: Hell: The Sequel) but Joey overtook him IMO.

Royce at least doesn't make me wanna kill myself. I like Buddens but boy he's depressing..not even Ro is that bad.

Esch

Banned
I'm there
but just for a little while

Okay, what the fuck. Is plug not working for anyone here?

Yeah, I'm stuck at the "Joining Room" screen forever now. I guess no DJing for me. :(

weird. Working fine for me. F5 like crazy? try joining Music is Fun, then searching Gafhop in the lobby

cdyhybrid

Well at least they were female. ;P

I don't even get anywhere that close to sex btw..so don't feel bad. I mean I'm sitting at home alone on a saturday evening posting on GAF watching the Yankees lose one zip..

Royce at least doesn't make me wanna kill myself. I like Buddens but boy he's depressing..not even Ro is that bad.

King Felix doing work.

CRS

Here's some more beats. Great stuff in here. Nice synths with some soulful sampling mixed in there.

2076374633-1.jpg

B.Lewis - A Lion’s Aperture
[Bandcamp/Stream]

Spotify

CRS

^ Some nice subtleties in there.

Also, did anyone here mess with this great tape from last year, Thundercat's "Golden Age of Apocalypse"?

413F2Yr9q4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Buy/Samples

Spotify

Executive produced by FlyLo if that matters to you. The bass guitar on here is top-notch.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
nope. every song on Drakes "Take Care" is perfect and couldn't be improved with some bad singing by nate dogg.

#YOLO

Drake is the new Nate Dogg. Cant argue with perfection.

Even in jest this is a tragedy...

everybodys got that captain save a ho friend....

I don't even know what to blame simping on, or even whether its more common now than ever, but its really getting a lot more attention now

It's just horrible to see it in action...

Fjordson

^ Some nice subtleties in there.

Also, did anyone here mess with this great tape from last year, Thundercat's "Golden Age of Apocalypse"?

413F2Yr9q4L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Buy/Samples

Spotify

Executive produced by FlyLo if that matters to you. The bass guitar on here is top-notch.
I copped this when it came out. Loved it. Don't usually listen to this sort of thing, but this is nice.

And thanks for the list Des, will check a few out later.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Glad y'all got over that Slaughterhouse infatuation. Shit was unhealthy.

...and I haven't seen some random woman being pushed as hard as Skylar Grey, with so little fan give a shit, since Olivia.

I hope this is the right thread...lol

I've always been a big fan of Run-D.M.C. and The Beastie Boys. I like some Eminem, too. I admire the craft of Snoop, Tupac, and others but it's not my kind of hip-hop. Not a big fan of lyrics which womanize, those which use a certain racial word (I'm not starting a flame discussion on this word, don't worry), or lyrics which are very sexually overt.

I've just discovered A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, and Grandmaster Flash. Are there any other similar artists or groups that I should look into? I dig the stripped down production, although Public Enemy is far from stripped down, these groups use. I enjoy the socially charged lyrics, too.

PBY

Banned

I've always been a big fan of Run-D.M.C. and The Beastie Boys. I like some Eminem, too. I admire the craft of Snoop, Tupac, and others but it's not my kind of hip-hop. Not a big fan of lyrics which womanize, those which use a certain racial word (I'm not starting a flame discussion on this word, don't worry), or lyrics which are very sexually overt.

I've just discovered A Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, and Grandmaster Flash. Are there any other similar artists or groups that I should look into? I dig the stripped down production, although Public Enemy is far from stripped down, these groups use. I enjoy the socially charged lyrics, too.
check out gang starr

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Sounds like Chamillionaire would be right up your alley.

Esch

Banned

blackstar11.jpg

SIC014-cover-400x400.jpg

Im laughing at the being offended by music thing tho

PBY

Banned
I hope you're proud of yourself, Esch.

This is sitting in my amazon inbox... it looks sick, the problem is that I've kinda gotten over this kind of collectible stuff; after a while it all kinda turns into clutter.... but it looks so dooope lol, im conflicted

CRS

Speaking of Black Star, Mos' verse on "Thieves in the Night" is one of my top 5 verses of all-time. Shit gets me hyped every damn time.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I remember seeing Black Star on Colbert. No idea why I didn't try and listen to more of them after that.

Sounds like Chamillionaire would be right up your alley.

I'm assuming any of the stuff before he released Ridin Dirity is where I should start?

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. I remember seeing Black Star on Colbert. No idea why I didn't try and listen to more of them after that.

I'm assuming any of the stuff before he released Ridin Dirity is where I should start?

nah, pretty sure you start with Ridin Dirty then Ultimate Victory. His stuff before Ridin dirty doesn't fit in with what you want I believe, but it's been awhile since I've heard his old stuff.

Recon

Banned

Get his two albums with Paul wall. But honestly, it's the album after The Sound Of Revenge you probably want. It contains no swearing and no use of the N word.

Edit: Ultimate Victory is definitely the place to start based on your criteria.

It's not the swearing which I care about, really. Swear words do have their place in music. It's just the n-word and I have no idea why. I just find it a grating word.

Recon

Banned
It's not the swearing which I care about, really. Swear words do have their place in music. It's just the n-word and I have no idea why. I just find it a grating word.

99% of black rappers use it, some more than others. It just comes with the genre. Honestly, atmosphere might be up your alley. Also, doomtree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom