• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

//B1G

Banned
I didn't think 1999 was on another level.... but it was decent. It is certainly one of the better projects that aim for 90s rap without feeling old. Joey Badass has a nice flow, but lyrically gotta step it up. Solid mixtape though.
Yeah not on another level but it was some perfect throwback stuff to the golden era. What really makes it is the production, but he flows nicely over top it all. Dude's got the name now though, if he keeps heading in that same direction in a couple years he's going to kill shit.

I think it's just more criticism on top of his music not being on the level it was before.

I get you. But there's very few artists who can maintain the quality of what the fans deem their prime. Happens to everyone. No point in criticizing, just be happy Lupes still releasing music and not jumping on tracks with trendy dubstep thrown on it.

Oh wait 2:45....

Lupe still the man though.

ASAP: Gold grill, Nice hat and hair, smokes weed errday, fashionable clothes. 10/10 would listen to again

Lupe: No grill, No hat, awful hair, stupid glasses, lame clothes. 0/10 awful, wouldn't listen or reccomend to others.

I get you. But there's very few artists who can maintain the quality of what the fans deem their prime. Happens to everyone. No point in criticizing, just be happy Lupes still releasing music and not jumping on tracks with trendy dubstep thrown on it.

Oh wait 2:45....

Lupe still the man though.
No

Man it was over for Lupe before the fashion. We didn't even need the glasses.
That man deaded his own career with:
- The scrapping mixtapes shit
- The spouting off about his ignorant ass political beliefs and theories shit
- Shitting on his fans with the whole LupEND/Great American Rap Album/F&L2 are "coming soon" then dropping none of them shits shit
- The LASERS shit

The fashion is just more fuel for the fire right now.
Maybe I'm just sad we never got the Child Rebel Soldier album. I don't know.

Recon

Banned
- Shitting on his fans with the whole LupEND/Great American Rap Album/F&L2 are "coming soon" then dropping none of them shits shit
- The LASERS shit

CRS was the super group rap needed, but not the one it deserved. We got Watch The Throne instead.

Holy shit I woke up super early today, and wound up deciding to take a nap around 5:30pm or so after leaving the gaf plug-dj booth. Woke up around 7pm and thought it was actually 7am sunday for some reason, so I went back to bed. Just woke up again, this time at 9:20PM thinking "why the fuck is it so dark outside this morning?!"

damna.png

Now I'm cooking dinner lmao

Holy shit I woke up super early today, and wound up deciding to take a nap around 5:30pm or so after leaving the gaf plug-dj booth. Woke up around 7pm and thought it was actually 7am sunday for some reason, so I went back to bed. Just woke up again, this time at 9:20PM thinking "why the fuck is it so dark outside this morning?!"

damna.png

Now I'm cooking dinner lmao

WTF this is nearly EXACTLY my day except I didn't go back to sleep at 7.

#ballaballasleepingpatterns

Ugh, now I'll be up till 5am doe. Gonna go terrorize people with loud Ice Cube albums as the sun rises.

CRS was the super group rap needed, but not the one it deserved. We got Watch The Throne instead.

:'(

It's too late to repent now isn't it?
Pharrell is doing film scores, Lupe is waiting to be cast in the Sister Act remake and Kanye is just "hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg"-ing it up all over tracks.
I guess we're better off...

Gorillaz

- The LASERS shit

The political shit made me stop paying attention to Lupe altogether. Every other track of his is now about politics, hating bush, bill o Riley and Fox News. Shit was getting old

I'd less of a problem with Lupe's politics if he was at least witty and more than a smart dumb nicca. Rhymefest really exposed him for being a dumbass imo

At least Immortal Technique sounds like he's dedicated to that shit, even if I disagree

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'd less of a problem with Lupe's politics if he was at least witty and more than a smart dumb nicca. Rhymefest really exposed him for being a dumbass imo

At least Immortal Technique sounds like he's dedicated to that shit, even if I disagree

What did Rhymefest say that exposed Lupe?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Lupe lost early on, when he went and cried in a corner and threatened to retire because the music industry is just so so mean to him, poor poor baby. Fuck you lupe, millions of people with way more talent than you would kill to be in your shoes and have the resources and opportunities you do. Ungrateful fucking asshole.
Fuck Cudi for the same reason. I don't care if every music exec is a greedy asshole towards you stealing your cookies and punching your puppies. At the end of the day you go "oh hey I have access to a state of the art studio, connections to some of the biggest names in hip hop, and the resources to get things done. I am one lucky motherfucker to be able to make a living based on my passion!"
But maybes thats the problem these days, maybe it's not a passion to a lot of these fuck rappers. It's just a way to make a few bucks and they don't really have any kind of love or respect for the music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
50 Cent is the most guilty of having no passion for the music. It's hard to listen to him nowadays knowing he doesn't give a single fuck about anything he puts out.

Macca

50 Cent is the most guilty of having no passion for the music. It's hard to listen to him nowadays knowing he doesn't give a single fuck about anything he puts out.
I don't know if that's true. I mean, dude has enough money to pretty much do whatever he wants. He recent output hasn't been great, but I think he still has some passion for the music.

Recon

Banned
I don't know if that's true. I mean, dude has enough money to pretty much do whatever he wants. He recent output hasn't been great, but I think he still has some passion for the music.

I think getting that vitamin water money made him complacent. Not that the money itself made him complacent, but making so much on a non music venture probably dulled the excitement of making music. At least, that is what it looked like.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
50 never had a passion for music. He had a passion for getting paid. He said so dozens of times. His making a great album was just his way of getting cash quick. He's a savvy motherfucker for sure, but passionate about music? Nah.

I'd say someone who's still putting out a bunch of free tapes 10 years into it at a point where he really doesn't need to still has some kind of passion. I actually think it really bothers him that he can't make another GRoDT.

Recon

Banned
I'd say someone who's still putting out a bunch of free tapes 10 years into it at a point where he really doesn't need to still has some kind of passion. I actually think it really bothers him that he can't make another GRoDT.

Yeah. Someone doesnt make a bunch of music and release it for free if they dont care at least a little bit about it. That said, that new track with Dre and Alicia keys is pretty nice.

IrishNinja

that slaughterhouse list almost put me to sleep

A lot of rappers who were be lauded as nice 3 years ago are being exposed by all the better rappers that have got more exposure since 2010. Lupe could be lumped into this group as well.

talk to em

] cypher with skylar grey isnt exactly a formula for success... They would be better off either A) appealing to the underground with a genuinely quality

yeah, that's what i saw too. but hold up, butters had somethin to say

Are you sure? Did you ask Esch if he feels the same?

how long you gonna be in bitchmode about me not accepting your facebook request? i have dozens of digital casas, and you got no ends in them

There's your problem breh.

if you can't get laid as an amine fan...branch out your clientele or hang it up

I hope you're proud of yourself, Esch.

mine just came in yesterday, already talking to my boy about some chessboxing

Recon

Banned
how long you gonna be in bitchmode about me not accepting your facebook request? i have dozens of digital casas, and you got no ends in them

I am just jealous of you and Esch and that special bond. I want to be invited to the naked Wu Tang listening parties.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
50 never had a passion for music. He had a passion for getting paid. He said so dozens of times. His making a great album was just his way of getting cash quick. He's a savvy motherfucker for sure, but passionate about music? Nah.
This on the dot.

He's kind of said it without outright saying it multiple times. He's in it for the money, so he keeps the facade up. The mixtapes are just to keep his name out there in the music world.

IrishNinja

I am just jealous of you and Esch and that special bond. I want to be invited to the naked Wu Tang listening parties.

he frequently tries to emasculate me by calling me a ginger and talking about republican family values, recons
it's not worth the effort tbh

Recon

Banned
This on the dot.

He's kind of said it without outright saying it multiple times. He's in it for the money, so he keeps the facade up. The mixtapes are just to keep his name out there in the music world.

Honestly, you don't make a great album like GRODT without having some passion for music. But I think his drive is gone. He needs the allure of money or the excitement of a beef to bring out his best. Now he has a lot of money, and his albums don't sell, and he isn't relevant enough to warrant anyone responding to a beef. Plus, beefs are a bit played out now after all the bullshit that went on in the 2000's.

he frequently tries to emasculate me by calling me a ginger and talking about republican family values, recons
it's not worth the effort tbh

Ill pet that beautiful red/orange hair. Can I count your freckles?

Was Bishop Lamont lazy tho? I remember him releasing a few mixtapes, and he seemed like he could have done decently with Dre backing. I don't think he had superstar potential though, but then again I don't expect to see Kendrick selling well either tbh.

Dre will find a new plaything eventually. I think he likes Kendrick because he's a more introspective take on the stereotypical west coast rapper. In some ways he's like a west coast Nas: not a gangster but grew up in that environment, low key, more interested in concepts and introspection than flashy songs, etc.

Game must be so salty

Recon

Banned
Was Bishop Lamont lazy tho? I remember him releasing a few mixtapes, and he seemed like he could have done decently with Dre backing. I don't think he had superstar potential though, but then again I don't expect to see Kendrick selling well either tbh.

Dre will find a new plaything eventually. I think he likes Kendrick because he's a more introspective take on the stereotypical west coast rapper. In some ways he's like a west coast Nas: not a gangster but grew up in that environment, low key, more interested in concepts and introspection than flashy songs, etc.

Game must be so salty

Several females I know are in love with Kendrick. My Ex and me talk about hip hop all the time, and K.Dot is her favorite out right now.

Macca

Several females I know are in love with Kendrick. My Ex and me talk about hip hop all the time, and K.Dot is her favorite out right now.
Yep, my chick digs Kendrick as well. His stuff isn't overly "gangsta" so it's pretty easy for people to listen to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Game must be so salty
Bishop Lamont stays on his grind. His folly though is that he's a fucking idiot.

And Dre still has love for Game though. It's just both have diversified musically in their own ways.

siddx

Bishop Lamont badly wanted to be the next big thing out of Aftermath. Dude pumped out a lot of great music while there and by all accounts ghostwrote dozens of tracks for multiple versions of detox. He was putting in tons of work and never got the attention of Dre long enough to make a retail album. Because Dre doesn't actually give a flying fuck about anybody other than himself.

Recon

Banned
Bishop Lamont badly wanted to be the next big thing out of Aftermath. Dude pumped out a lot of great music while there and by all accounts ghostwrote dozens of tracks for multiple versions of detox. He was putting in tons of work and never got the attention of Dre long enough to make a retail album. Because Dre doesn't actually give a flying fuck about anybody other than himself.

This is true. Basically, unless your are guaranteed to make Dre several million dollars, he aint fucking with you seriously. Em will always put out a platinum record, and that is why Em is probably the closest to Dre.

Macca

This is true. Basically, unless your are guaranteed to make Dre several million dollars, he aint fucking with you seriously. Em will always put out a platinum record, and that is why Em is probably the closest to Dre.
Snoop Lion says hi too.

kamspy

ASAP: Gold grill, Nice hat and hair, smokes weed errday, fashionable clothes. 10/10 would listen to again

Lupe: No grill, No hat, awful hair, stupid glasses, lame clothes. 0/10 awful, wouldn't listen or reccomend to others.

No

Theory falls apart since everyone digs Danny Brown and he dresses like Rihanna.

siddx

Speaking of Dre, I was reading through one of my car magazines a week ago and read that he's managed to get Chrysler to install Beats by Dre stereo systems in their new cars.

Recon

Banned
So when Dre dies, how many posthumous albums will there be? More than ten?

Detox will be a posthumously released album. It will be executive produced by Eminem and will be the first 4 disc rap album to go platinum. Each disc being a different version of Detox Dre scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom