• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Detox will be a posthumously released album. It will be executive produced by Eminem and will be the first 4 disc rap album to go platinum. Each disc being a different version of Detox Dre scrapped.
I know you're joking but this sounds amazing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wow how did I miss Snoop changing his name to Snoop Lion? I guess I was in transit at the time. Yet another entry in the "rappers doing dumb shit" record book.

siddx

Fucking lol, I just read he claims to be the reincarnation of Bob Marley. Bob died in 81, you were born in 71. IT DOESNT WORK THAT WAY.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wow how did I miss Snoop changing his name to Snoop Lion? I guess I was in transit at the time. Yet another entry in the "rappers doing dumb shit" record book.

"I never thought I'd say this, but you have smoked yourself retarded."

Gorillaz

It's amazing how Snoop is basically loved in mainstream media when others are automatically hated on for the lifestyle. This dude actually goes on shows and shit like Martha Steward and who wants to be a millionaire. It's like an inside joke.

IrishNinja

Ill pet that beautiful red/orange hair. Can I count your freckles?

have you seen adventure time? it's blonde like finn's. you're gonna be disappointing.

Just ordered my Liquid Swords box, fuck yeah getting ready for LS2 with the rest of the BELIEVERS.

you can always count on my many Acid, we need to get a treehouse and a name. BELIEVER SQUAD doesnt roll off the tongue

I also don't think Dre would've signed someone whohas a passion for releasing music.

fixed

Speaking of Dre, I was reading through one of my car magazines a week ago and read that he's managed to get Chrysler to install Beats by Dre stereo systems in their new cars.

finally, an official rap car

Detox will be a posthumously released album. It will be executive produced by Eminem and will be the first 4 disc rap album to go platinum. Each disc being a different version of Detox Dre scrapped.

can't he just find a hot asian chick? worked for trent reznor

Macca

So, uh somehow I totally missed it, but Yelawolf is dropping Trunk Muzik Returns early this month? Fuck, I'm back on the train.

Also, to keep the Lion roaring:

AzfmK-ICUAEkxZN.jpg:large

IrishNinja

ya'll mad that snoop's been phoning it in for like a decade and a half now, then mad again when he tries something new? let him live, i hope he digs it & tries out country next.

siddx

I need Trunk Muzik Returns. You better not be fucking with us Yela.

siddx

ya'll mad that snoop's been phoning it in for like a decade and a half now, then mad again when he tries something new? let him live, i hope he digs it & tries out country next.

Nobody is mad, it's just a hilariously transparent attempt to stay relevant, done in such an absurd way that it comes across kind of pathetic. I'll take phone it in rapping Snoop over fake rasta Snoop doing karaoke over generic reggae instrumentals.

You guys do know Snoop is simply using this as his version of retirement. He'll get a bunch of press, release an album, then change his name back to Snoop Dogg and release "his first rap album in x years!" to much hype.

I find it puzzling because Snoop seemed like he found the perfect niche for himself with the Wiz/Spitta weed shit. He could have eaten well off that market for years. I'd imagine he'll re-do his classics to fit his new rasta style now

Trey

I was listening to the Roots and on the off chance I came across Illadelph Halflife. How does everyone feel about it?

siddx

I like the roots, I don't like roots albums.
60 minutes straight of the roots is only tolerable live.

Recon

Banned
I respect the roots immensely, and feel they are one of the best bands out there. That said, I dont revisit their albums that much. Blackthought is nice on the mic though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A new Roots album pretty much guarantees it will be overhyped beforehand and end up being kind of cool.

I only go back to How I Got Over and The Fire, really.

Recon

Banned
I liked the vibe of Undun a lot, but it lacked a certain something. But I respect their direction on it.

IrishNinja

I like the roots, I don't like roots albums.
60 minutes straight of the roots is only tolerable live.

yeah i havent just let an entire album ride for a while, but the show they put on down here was amazing. questo got into a drum battle with an african dude, thought did nearly every song i wanted to hear...they can renew my faith in live hip-hop shows, cause let's be honest, a lotta studio dudes have no idea what the fuck to do on a stage.

CRS

Fuck that shit. How I Got Over is a near perfect album. It's only flaw was the last track but everything else was spot on.

"The Day" into "Right On" gives me chills every time I listen to it.

IrishNinja

see, that one, phrenology and a few others, but i cant do that necessarily with Tipping Point, Rising Down, Game Theory etc - they're good albums but i gotta skip a few joints here & there.

by the way:

Since Gaf-Hop seems to be finding love for bass albums I'll post a few that I know they'll enjoy from this year:

3670247262-1.jpg

~ Melancholic Bass, dreary and lost

almost done with this post, but this was my standout album, good work as ever des

CRS

Dont be fooled. Also, when was the last good Del verse? Clint Eastwood?

Possibly. Never really cared for Del's solo work but I expect something great from any project that Dan the Automator is involved in. And with Kid Koala mixed in there, I believe they can get something great out of Del for the album.

BELIEVE.

Fuck that shit. How I Got Over is a near perfect album. It's only flaw was the last track but everything else was spot on.

"The Day" into "Right On" gives me chills every time I listen to it.

Agreed.

Undun wasn't as good mostly because there were really only 9 tracks with a filler intro and 4 tracks amounting to ~5 minutes of strings and pianos, they sounded nice but not what I paid for.

siddx

as much as the inferior members of hiphopgaf wanna hate, there is no other hip hop band on earth that ive seen put on a show like atmosphere. They aren't always amazing shows, it relies a lot of the crowd and venue, but when they get a good audience in a good place, its absurd how good they are. One rapper, no hype man, one dj, one guitarist, and a dude on piano. Most impressive is how they flip older songs that haven't aged well and update the sound. They did an updated version of scapegoat that was sick as fuck.

CRS

There needs to be a rule book for live hip-hop shows:

1. No Hype Man
2. No Hype Man
3. Use a live band (mileage may vary here)
4. Instrumentals only if 3. is not possible
5. No Hype Man

They don't even have to be rules, they can be used a set of guidelines.

Also, J. Walker Green Label for $35 dollars, GAF-Hop. CRS is cruisin' tonight.

Recon

Banned

1. No Hype Man
2. No Hype Man
5. No Hype Man

They don't even have to be rules, they can be used a set of guidelines.

Also, J. Walker Green Label for $35 dollars, GAF-Hop. CRS is cruisin' tonight.

Lupe plays by those rules.

CRS

Lupe plays by those rules.

Man, I really wish I saw the dude before Lasers came out. During the release of The Cool would have been the prime time to see him.

Fuck you Recon. (Putting that in there now cause I know you're going to mention Glow in the Dark)

CRS

565739606-1.jpg

Vanilla - Soft Focus

Upbeat instrumentals here. Nice vocal samples and overall pretty polished.

Highlight: Still Love U

726392782-1.jpg

KYU - The Pressure Drunk EP

A couple more:

3080778089-1.jpg

mikedecline - MOOD SOOP

2064215977-1.jpg

Rob Viktum - Progress 2

Progress 2 is a sequel project to the original Progress album I made to raise awareness to the atrocities the Khmer Rouge cast upon the people of Cambodia. The Cambodian people have a rich collection of music that really inspires me so I created a second album to further the awareness. All the song titles with dates are important time stamps to the history of Cambodia. Do a little research and learn more about Cambodia and how amazing the people to be bouncing back after such a genocide.

Recon

Banned
Man, I really wish I saw the dude before Lasers came out. During the release of The Cool would have been the prime time to see him.

Fuck you Recon. (Putting that in there now cause I know you're going to mention Glow in the Dark)

Haha, Glow In The Dark was on some epic level shit. Nothing has matched that for me. But, I have seen Lupe pre lasers and post lasers, both were fantastic shows. Live band, no hype man, pure energy.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
50 never had a passion for music. He had a passion for getting paid. He said so dozens of times. His making a great album was just his way of getting cash quick. He's a savvy motherfucker for sure, but passionate about music? Nah.

Bingo 50 cent the business Mogul is way better than 50 the musician at this point.

He does phone it in. However, I do think he is a real fan of the genre. Him doing a song with School Boy Q shows he is still paying attention to what's going on in rap. Q is at least 2 years and another good/great project away from any mainstream rap fans caring about that feature.

Recon

Banned
I am on Adderall right now, been up for over 24 hours working on some new music. About halfway done with a current mixtape. Debating releasing it just as an instrumental, or adding vocals. I have written something to every track so far, but, I am really liking the vibe of just the instrumentals. Maybe Ill do both, and change up some things for the instrumental tape. Who knows. Just felt like sharing. It has a very soulful vibe, really loving the direction this is taking.

Jay Sosa

guess what people. we are flying to LA on Tuesday to do the final mastering on DELTRON3030 Event II. SO CLOSE! thank you for your patience.

Man I waited so long for this and they come up with this crap?

Easily the most disappointing album the last few years.

Oh wait....maybe I should wait until it's out.

coldvein

Banned

1. No Hype Man
2. No Hype Man
5. No Hype Man

nahhhh.

as much as the inferior members of hiphopgaf wanna hate, there is no other hip hop band on earth that ive seen put on a show like atmosphere. They aren't always amazing shows, it relies a lot of the crowd and venue, but when they get a good audience in a good place, its absurd how good they are. One rapper, no hype man, one dj, one guitarist, and a dude on piano. Most impressive is how they flip older songs that haven't aged well and update the sound. They did an updated version of scapegoat that was sick as fuck.

mostly agree with this though. seen atmosphere a few times, always liked the band a lot.

I would love to see Atmosphere live. My problem is that I live in the UK and they don't get as much rep over here as they do in the states. So I'm thinking if it relies on audience/venue then the show could go either way. Although, I saw Pharoahe Monch a couple of months back with Boogie Blind and despite the following being smaller in the UK, the show was incredible. Pharoahe can put on a pretty good show, and having Mela Machinko there just made it even better, her vocal ability is amazing. Luckily it wasn't a tour promoting his latest album (W.A.R is alright, but Desire and Internal Affairs are superior), so he played tracks from all 3 albums. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next Atmosphere show in the UK though to see if they deliver.

Edit: What are the views on UK grime in here?

coldvein

Banned
i'm not pro or anti hype man. sometimes it works for me sometimes it doesn't.

as far as grime goes.. i used to love, love love dizzee. and wiley is cool too. i guess they're the only grime type fellas i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom