• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

well according to the The Art of Rap, the South has no lyricists.
i enjoyed it until i realized Ice-T went everywhere but the South.

so much disrespect.

Lute's 1996 > Joey's 1999 IMO, but both are good obviously
I agree.
Hardknock makes me think of Nas' One Love, not shook ones, but I don't agree with survival tactics either
repost
Both classics. Ive always prefferred Low End for some reason. Taking Marauders with me tomorrow
I didn't mean that Marauders is better, didn't feel like starting that argument since I actually prefer Marauders, but I know that's not the consensus. I just mean the beats on the album are more bassy.

Tokubetsu

It was a solid follow up to GRODT. Bringing The Massacre along with Mignight Marauders to work tomorrow. Been too long since i listened to it.

I think the problem with it is it's just a bit too long. If you cut it down to 16 or so tracks it'd be really lean. Like why do you need Disco Inferno when Just a Lil Bit is a superior track and covers pretty much the same ground? Worse still is they put those tracks back to back.

I didn't mean that Marauders is better, didn't feel like starting that argument since I actually prefer Marauders, but I know that's not the consensus. I just mean the beats on the album are more bassy.

Lol i got that, and it does sound better in the whip. I was just saying that i preffered Low End. Always have for some reason, i always though that Marauders was more liked then Low End no??

I think the problem with it is it's just a bit too long. If you cut it down to 16 or so tracks it'd be really lean. Like why do you need Disco Inferno when Just a Lil Bit is a superior track and covers pretty much the same ground? Worse still is they put those tracks back to back.

Definitely, it did go on too long. I remember i had a playlist of the album with the filler cut out. Shit bangs.

Lol i got that, and it does sound better in the whip. I was just saying that i preffered Low End. Always have for some reason, i always though that Marauders was more liked then Low End no??

I could of sworn it wasn't haha, but maybe I thought wrong. I just see Low End Theory cover art more so probably lead me to believe it.
I haven't cared for any of these songs. "La Bonita" is okay though. I think the sparse-ish beats only work for Tyler

what happened to us man, I thought earlier this year we were agreeing on everything 100%, now ever since fucking domo dropped his shit :(

Hootie

I haven't cared for any of these songs. "La Bonita" is okay though. I think the sparse-ish beats only work for Tyler

I didnt really like Greezy, but Decoy (which came out yesterday) has gotten a few plays from me. And I havent listened to La Bonita since it got released, lemme go do that now.

Tokubetsu

I didnt really like Greezy, but Decoy (which came out yesterday) has gotten a few plays from me. And I havent listened to La Bonita since it got released, lemme go do that now.

Also idk what happened but Hodgy's flow has been garbage way too often lately. He's trying too hard on a lot of these songs.

I think Hodgy even admitted La Bonita beat is like 4 years old or some shit lmao.

Bun B is the only southern artist on that Something from Nothing movie.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Scarface stays underrated as well.

I want to say this... I think the south has the most range..

Guys like Luda, Outkast, David Banner UGK can be ignorant, chill, and dropping knowledge without you thinking wtf

I have nothing but respect for the south and their game..

The south just might do the whole "dropping knowledge/social conscious" stuff better than anyone. The east does it well at its best, but overall so much of it is boring preaching over wack soul loops. The south has some of the dopest, smoothest production for the knowledge tracks.

Give me something to think about while I nod my head. That's my biggest problem with Lupe's shit, especially Bad Bitch - and why he relies so much on controversy to get spins/hype. Imagine if he released a dope ass club track that had the same message/lyrics. I could respect that. Instead you turn that shit on and think "oh hell naw, here we go again..."

Big K.R.I.T. is south as well right? I love K.R.I.T., I love Outkast and I like me some Luda, don't know how anyone can say south is lacking.

Blackace

The south just might do the whole "dropping knowledge/social conscious" stuff better than anyone. The east does it well at its best, but overall so much of it is boring preaching over wack soul loops. The south has some of the dopest, smoothest production for the knowledge tracks.

Give me something to think about while I nod my head. That's my biggest problem with Lupe's shit, especially Bad Bitch - and why he relies so much on controversy to get spins/hype. Imagine if he released a dope ass club track that had the same message/lyrics. I could respect that. Instead you turn that shit on and think "oh hell naw, here we go again..."

painting with a wide brush here, but..

The east as a whole does the "dropping knowledge" very well...but tend to get arrogant preachy..

West does it well too, but tends to be lacking a lot of the racially charged history that both the east and south have..

The south has this "I ain't here to tell you how to live your life but..." vibe to it.. I love it.

must stay relevant
I don't really think it's a case of him trying to stay relevant, because people know damn well DMX won't like no drake that's why they ask him and they know he will say what's on his mind and that it'd spark some type of controversy. I mean sure he could hold his tongue on what he says, but he is DMX, has he ever really been known for doing such a thing?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DMX is still the fucking man. Even if he is off of his rocker.

For more honesty, check this out. Shit makes me laugh every time. "How much can a ninja EAT?!"

Real talk, this IS why DMX is needed in the game.

I don't really think it's a case of him trying to stay relevant, but people know damn well DMX won't like no drake that's why they ask him and they know he will say what's on his mind and that it'd spark some type of controversy. I mean sure he could hold his tongue on what he says, but he is DMX, has he ever really been known for doing such a thing?
Agreed, I see the old X showing through. Though you can tell from the video dude's mind is still in some other realm since he can barely be coherent.

X doesn't give a fuck about relevancy.

DMX is still the fucking man. Even if he is off of his rocker.

For more honesty, check this out. Shit makes me laugh every time. "How much can a ninja EAT?!"

Real talk, this IS why DMX is needed in the game.

Agreed, I see the old X showing through. Though you can tell from the video dude's mind is still in some other realm since he can barely be coherent.

No doubt, i love Xs interviews. Dude has absolutely no PR. Says whatever the fuck he wants. No one ever seems to come back at him tho

Also Tguys post nails it.

cacophony

So is Undisputed any good?
I love DMX, but honestly im more of a fan of him & his personality than most of his music

him hating on drake and nicki minaj <3

Blackace

I don't really think it's a case of him trying to stay relevant, because people know damn well DMX won't like no drake that's why they ask him and they know he will say what's on his mind and that it'd spark some type of controversy. I mean sure he could hold his tongue on what he says, but he is DMX, has he ever really been known for doing such a thing?

X has always been a ham.. He is nuts but he knows that people will talk about what he says. He has been in the game far too long..

With Ja Rule they met and didn't like each other this is on some other bullshit..

Enzo you seen that Summer Jam 2012 conference video? Q and A before summerjam with X, Prodigy, Jada, Jim Jones, M.O.P and a bunch of others on it? X was cracking jokes the whole time, mad funny. I cant find the video. Still looking.

Blackace

X is real,he wasn't drunk or on crack. He literally is the same guy from 10+ years ago.

X was on crack 10 years ago..

There is a video of him being recorded on a camcorder barking and saying "I keeps it real! I buy my rocks in the hood!"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo you seen that Summer Jam 2012 conference video? Q and A before summerjam with X, Prodigy, Jada, Jim Jones, M.O.P and a bunch of others on it? X was cracking jokes the whole time, mad funny. I cant find the video. Still looking.
I need to see this shit.

Ima check out Undisputed after Cruel Summer spins start to slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom