• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Never knew Iron Lyon released this last year.

Download.

Dope.

And there's a new album coming out soon. A lot of old material though.

GroundUp-2012-791x1024.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

DominoKid

im interested to see what he does w/ it
but then again i never bought into aaliyah as some sacred martyr.
she's about a step above ciara.

didnt get anybody from the south

Face, Three 6, 8 Ball, MJG, Outkast, Goodie. i mean damn.

because we take the opinions of crackheads seriously...

lol, I certainly wouldn't expect Three 6 or 8ball/MJG on there. Man, thinking back to what Ace said about spitting that knowledge, I remember On Top of The World basically having that whole feeling throughout the album ya know, they talk about drug dealing and shit, but at the same time they would say shit like don't get high on your own supply, talking about smoking crack isn't what's up, etc.

Blackace

lol, I certainly wouldn't expect Three 6 or 8ball/MJG on there. Man, thinking back to what Ace said about spitting that knowledge, I remember On Top of The World basically having that whole feeling throughout the album ya know, they talk about drug dealing and shit, but at the same time they would say shit like don't get high on your own supply, talking about smoking crack isn't what's up, etc.

8Ball and MJG deserve to be on there..

3 6.. un.. well.. no..

Blackace

im interested to see what he does w/ it
but then again i never bought into aaliyah as some sacred martyr.
she's about a step above ciara.

I would say the same thing about him doing a song with Ciara.

Leave it to someone who knew her..

Like Missy, or whoever..

8Ball and MJG deserve to be on there..

3 6.. un.. well.. no..

Yeah, I'm not saying they don't, my bad. I'm just saying like if they don't even bother having a huge southern legend like Scarface on there, I wouldn't ever expect 8ball and MJG. Does seem shitty Ice T just ignored the south altogether.

DominoKid

The south just might do the whole "dropping knowledge/social conscious" stuff better than anyone. The east does it well at its best, but overall so much of it is boring preaching over wack soul loops. The south has some of the dopest, smoothest production for the knowledge tracks.

Give me something to think about while I nod my head. That's my biggest problem with Lupe's shit, especially Bad Bitch - and why he relies so much on controversy to get spins/hype. Imagine if he released a dope ass club track that had the same message/lyrics. I could respect that. Instead you turn that shit on and think "oh hell naw, here we go again..."

it'd still be corny cause Lupe is always so fucking heavy handed w/ it.
kendrick (swimming pools) did a good job of throwing a message underneath some popular sounding shit.

Blackace

Yeah, I'm not saying they don't, my bad. I'm just saying like if they don't even bother having a huge southern legend like Scarface on there, I wouldn't ever expect 8ball and MJG. Does seem shitty Ice T just ignored the south altogether.

It's funny because the west isn't known for it's lrycist as well..

In fact I would say the success the West and the South had/have follow the same blueprint..

It's funny because the west isn't known for it's lrycist as well..

In fact I would say the success the West and the South had/have follow the same blueprint..

Yup, 100% agree, that's why I've always said I think it's really odd that the South and West didn't do a lot of collab together. Even in the 90s I can hear similar sounding beats from both sides. Only people off the top of my head who I know did plenty of songs with southern artist are Too Short and E-40.

Blackace

Yup, 100% agree, that's why I've always said I think it's really odd that the South and West didn't do a lot of collab together. Even in the 90s I can hear similar sounding beats from both sides. Only people off the top of my head who I know did plenty of songs with southern artist are Too Short and E-40.

Well the bay has been connected with the south for decades now...

Master P laid the groundwork for that...

HiResDes

oh man

DMX just putting EVERYONE on blast

Question: "Are there any artists on the come up that you respect right now?"
DMX: "Respect is a strong word."

And then he starts ranting, and when its over:

Prodigy: "Uh.. I like Wiz Khalifa, Tyga nahmean."

hahahahaha

Did he mention fashion as one of the reasons that he liked them...

Macca

Hey Macca or Ace, you guys have just a plaine DJ ACE logo/cover? All my ACE mixes are in a single folder and I'm trying to unify them a bit. Would love some cover art to just bring it all together (I tag tracks diffirently).

Also, funny video with RA The Rugged Man:
http://www.film.com/uncategorized/film-school-with-r-a-the-rugged-man-r-a-goes-hollywood
I'll have something in the next week or so, going to do just a general piece of album art for the site, we need one. So when it's done I'll post it on here.

Good Music review time brehs
whatxy.png

To The Word: pretty dope yo, I fux with it. R Kelly sounds dope on it, admit it
Clique: I'm not gonna lie, Sean drops some killer verses on this album including this. Jay has a good verse too...
Mercy: Sean's verse sucks, so does Kanye's. Everything else is dope
New God Flow: Classic song brehs. Ghostface whooooo /ric flair
The Morning: Just doesn't work to me. Rae's verse is dope but the beat is wack and verses are generic
Cold: Still like this
Higher: wtf is this shit
Sin City: Sounds like a Gorgeous b-side. Pass. CyHi sucks
The One: ah the generic "believe in yourself" song. smh
Creepers: Not bad, and I tend to hate Cudi...
Bliss: Dope beat, who else is singing on this? I want to hear Curren$y on this
Don't Like: meh

6/10.

Blackace

Snoop's signing started that or was his signing the end result of Master P's interest in the West?

maybe a result of that..

He claimed the West just as hard as NOLA early in his career..

The bay in fact.

He released West Coast Bad Boyz before 99 Wayz to Die or Down South Hustaz

HiResDes

Good Music review time brehs
whatxy.png

To The Word: pretty dope yo, I fux with it. R Kelly sounds dope on it, admit it
Clique: I'm not gonna like, Sean drops some killer verses on this album including this. Jay has a good verse too...
Mercy: Sean's verse sucks, so does Kanye's. Everything else is dope
New God Flow: Classic song brehs. Ghostface whooooo /ric flair
The Morning: Just doesn't work to me. Rae's verse is dope but the beat is wack and verses are generic
Cold: Still like this
Higher: wtf is this shit
Sin City: Sounds like a Gorgeous b-side. Pass. CyHi sucks
The One: ah the generic "believe in yourself" song. smh
Creepers: Not bad, and I tend to hate Cudi...
Bliss: Dope beat, who else is singing on this? I want to hear Curren$y on this
Don't Like: meh

6/10.
Pretty similar thoughts

...I wonder what Enzo thinks?
i2sUMmx1VDFGA.jpg

bout to turn it on later...

You brave soul, let me know if there's anything redeemable on it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
You brave soul, let me know if there's anything redeemable on it.

I'm hoping to be mildly entertained by the Cudi/2 Chainz features and whatever Diplo touched (gotta be C grade shit, unless she's rolling in the cash but still can't afford to grind down some of her teeth to normal human standards).

After letting Cruel Summer sink in and playing it a few times today...

6/10

I really messes with New God Flow (DAT GHOST), Clique, and I Don't Like (Remix). The rest resides between "okay" and "will be forgotten in a month."

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is there like a radio DJ that has the similar bite of this thread? or is it all just a bunch of felaters?

is there a hip.hop lester bangs?

Tokubetsu

I'm trying not to get too excited, but as big fan of BD soundtrack and that band stuff AY has done...I'm expecting a really great album.

I'm trying not to get too excited, but as big fan of BD soundtrack and that band stuff AY has done...I'm expecting a really great album.

Yup, I love BD soundtrack a lot. That soundtrack has some of the first songs I tried sampling too before I just said I'd do pure original stuff. I listen to it pretty weekly.

It's probably going to be my AOTY. Ghost has been pulling out some good shit. Even though Legendary Weapons wasn't really that crazy, all of his verses on that have been pretty killer.

Tokubetsu

Yup, I love BD soundtrack a lot. That soundtrack has some of the first songs I tried sampling too before I just said I'd do pure original stuff. I listen to it pretty weekly.

I've sampled or tried sampling Chicago Wind on multiple occasions. Hahah yeah I remember where my sample went now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom