• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Standard
good-kid-madd-city-cover.jpg

Deluxe
good-kid-madd-city-deluxe-cover1.jpg

The Weeknd - Wicked Games remastered

Who was saying he was gonna sell 2 million again? Yeah right.

Also, as far as Ghost goes, I never really had a big problem understanding him. Yeah, I'll miss some references but I didn't grow up in NYC so that's to be expected.

Raekwon is on another level though, especially modern Rae. I don't really get half the things he says now, and I don't really try to either.

EDIT: Also, idk If I can fuck with this new version of Wicked Games. Like, at all. Wicked Games is my favorite Weeknd track too. Yeah this sounds like fucking ass. I want to give you dough breh, this isn't a re-master, it's shit.

oh man

DMX just putting EVERYONE on blast

Question: "Are there any artists on the come up that you respect right now?"
DMX: "Respect is a strong word."

And then he starts ranting, and when its over:

Prodigy: "Uh.. I like Wiz Khalifa, nahmean."

hahahahaha
Shit was quality. X had me rolling the whole time. Hes a real funny dude. Very real too, thats why i put him top 5.

This shit is gold. Entertaining as hell.

Jim Jones gets a lot of respect from his peers for someone who is as wack as he his. You had a bunch of amazing artists up there at that conference....and Jim Jones.
I thought this was weird too. X spent alot of time giving him daps and chopping it up with him. Juelz and Cam >>>> Jimmy

ahhhhhh based god how you do it hannnh (SWAGGER!)

im watching this shit and lil b is fucking wildin out. im dying laughing.
I have no idea what this is.

I'll ask this since there's a lot of Ghost fans in here...when you hear Ghostface spit, do you usually understand what the fuck he is saying? I was listening to Mighty Healthy last night and realised that I just kind of black out to the dope production and his flow, but I don't really have a clue what what he is getting at most of the time. I looked at the Rap Genius page and realised I would have never understood shit like "Monty Hall expo" and "Overnight, God schedules, Fed-Ex"

The same thing goes for Raekwon, maybe even more so.
No doubt. Thats one the things i love about a Rae or Ghost verse, you gotta listen a few times and you still wont catch everything. Cant rememeber the last time a rewound a song to try catch a line.

"Have you heard about rapper Chief Keef, the teenage rapper out of Chicago?

No.

He’s making a lot of headway, but his music is also violent. I want to get your perspective on the violence in hip-hop.

There shouldn’t be any violence in hip-hop. You’re getting free clothes. Basically, it’s free money. You’re getting lots of p*ssy. What’s the violence for? Just rap! Get your money, and live your life. Raise your kid. Why are you worried about what another man says? It’s not that serious. If you have beef like that, you shouldn’t be rapping anyway."

Global Grind written DMX interview

coldvein

Banned
There shouldn’t be any violence in hip-hop. You’re getting free clothes. Basically, it’s free money. You’re getting lots of p*ssy. What’s the violence for? Just rap! Get your money, and live your life. Raise your kid. Why are you worried about what another man says? It’s not that serious. If you have beef like that, you shouldn’t be rapping anyway."

wise words from dmx.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"Have you heard about rapper Chief Keef, the teenage rapper out of Chicago?

No.

He’s making a lot of headway, but his music is also violent. I want to get your perspective on the violence in hip-hop.

Global Grind written DMX interview

That's some old man wisdom right there.

EDIT: Also, idk If I can fuck with this new version of Wicked Games. Like, at all. Wicked Games is my favorite Weeknd track too. Yeah this sounds like fucking ass. I want to give you dough breh, this isn't a re-master, it's shit.

the lack of the intro really makes me hate this remastered version.

anyways, got tix for the weeknd next month. hope he puts on a good show

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Can't seem to find the post right now, but want to say thank you so much to the person who posted the Harry Fraud Anthology on here. Not had a chance to listen to it or even make space on my external HD for it yet but that's a fucking great find. Also I definitely welcome T.I. and Toomp knocking out songs again. Remember when I said a few pages back that G-Side had split up? I think ST is going to be just fine. The single for his EP coming out next week has dropped and the shit knocks so nicely. It would be rude to not sample BTNH on a song with this title and it's about time someone referenced The Hunger Games...

ST 2 Lettaz - Trill 2 Da Bone

SoilBreak

Banned
http://www.xclusiveszone.net/2012/09/freddie-gibbs-announces-baby-face-killa-mixtape-release-date/

After much delay, the highly anticipated mixtape from Freddie Gibbs has a solid release date. “Baby Face Killa” hosted by DJ Drama will be released on September 25th. Also, Gibbs has launched his own independent label ESGN through a new deal with EMPIRE Distribution. The first release will be an untagged deluxe edition of “Baby Face Killa”, with bonus material, which will hit iTunes on the same day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
50 Cent awkwardly discusses the demise of G-Unit.

Pusha T: "We don't give a fuck what Drake thinks. But we're not thinking about shots." <- WTF at this nonsense. I didn't even know this was a thing. This so called beef is annoying as fuck.

French fans make another N***s in Paris video. Dope. I love both of the fan videos that have come out, this one slightly better except for the annoying sound effects. Both better than the official video too. French people love their NiP.

Slaughterhouse ft. Eminem & Skylar Grey - Our House (Extended version featuring Joe Budden verse).

Joell Ortiz and Crooked I freestyle in Paris.

Tech N9ne - Don't Tweet This (NSFW).

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Yeah I was quite into G-Side and the split up shit is sad. But I have to admit in the cold light of day, as much as I really wanted G-Side to become that next classic southern rap duo along the lines of Outkast, 8Ball & MJG or UGK, Clova wasn't the greatest on the mic and that single has helped me feel a lot better about what ST and the Block Beattaz team can do next. I also have a daydream that no one will acknowledge but I would love it if it happened. Draft in G-Mane to do the whole duo thing with ST and problem solved! You don't have to believe my words necessarily, but at least listen to this song and tell me i'm bullshitting. Yada yada Bun B yada yada mixed with Nate Dogg. Also listen to G-Mane's Late Night Ridin Muzik 2 which I think one guy here maybe gave me props on posting here for a more full picture on how ST could level up with a new partner in crime.

Tokubetsu

Yeah I was quite into G-Side and the split up shit is sad. But I have to admit in the cold light of day, as much as I really wanted G-Side to become that next classic southern rap duo along the lines of Outkast, 8Ball & MJG or UGK, Clova wasn't the greatest on the mic and that single has helped me feel a lot better about what ST and the Block Beattaz team can do next. I also have a daydream that no one will acknowledge but I would love it if it happened. Draft in G-Mane to do the whole duo thing with ST and problem solved! You don't have to believe my words necessarily, but at least listen to this song and tell me i'm bullshitting. Yada yada Bun B yada yada mixed with Nate Dogg. Also listen to G-Mane's Late Night Ridin Muzik 2 which I think one guy here maybe gave me props on posting here for a more full picture on how ST could level up with a new partner in crime.

I really really love The One but didn't care for iSLAND at all. I bought it and I've listened to it maybe twice. Nothing on it impressed me. Huntsville International was good too. One/Cohesive was some next level shit. There was just nowhere to go from there for me.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Also sorry to double post, but Gibbs is becoming one of the tardiest rappers ever and I refuse to believe his bullshit any longer. I do really hope that drops soon though as that should be one of the projects of the year (especially with the amount of time being spent on it!). Also good week for Pusha in my view, only listened to Cruel Autumn once so wouldn't like to offer opinions on it yet, but Pusha's verse on a Fat Trel weed carrier's song is pretty awesome. Linkage

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
I see Wiz Khalifa nowadays and sure he aint raped anyone Polanski style or anything like that, and the look shouldn't interfere with the art, but I just don't know if I care for Wiz X Spitta collabos from this point onwards. I didn't even like him on the first one. The people (or at least me alone at my computer on a friday night drinking) demand la musica da spitta fraud damn it.

Tokubetsu

Shocking to say the least

That dudes zig zag beard. He deserves a roundhouse kick.

Lil Mama, I'm sorry, I never meant ball like this.

Yeah game is all fucked right now. That's why I'm trying to perfect my non sample sound. No matter how obscure you dig, somebody is gonna find it. If you sell more than 10k units or generate any kinda buzz you're gonna get a suit. Not even worth it to try clearing as they'll probably ask for some ridiculous sum anyway.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Being facetious aside, Timbaland I think got sued over a Bollywood movie soundtrack sample for Put You On The Game on The Game's The Documentary album. Can't quite remember how but I think he got away with it. It's fucked up bcause I think it could get to a stage where only the bigger artists will be able to use whatever samples they feel like whereas it's going to be much more of a struggle for even middle tier and down producers to clear stuff to make hot songs. I just never anticipated people actually sueing over samples on free mixtapes. Makes me a sad panda for real.

DominoKid

Being facetious aside, Timbaland I think got sued over a Bollywood movie soundtrack sample for Put You On The Game on The Game's The Documentary album. Can't quite remember how but I think he got away with it. It's fucked up bcause I think it could get to a stage where only the bigger artists will be able to use whatever samples they feel like whereas it's going to be much more of a struggle for even middle tier and down producers to clear stuff to make hot songs. I just never anticipated people actually sueing over samples on free mixtapes. Makes me a sad panda for real.

Fo realla. That shit is super wack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom