• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

So this is happening about 10 minutes away from my school:

jvz3C.jpg

Thinking about going, if I can find some other guys to go. I wonder what the chances any other Wu members would show, since we're kinda close to Staten Island...

cdyhybrid

So this is happening about 10 minutes away from my school:

Thinking about going, if I can find some other guys to go. I wonder what the chances any other Wu members would show, since we're kinda close to Staten Island...

Ghost alone is enough reason to go though

nl david

Neo Member
Ive been wanting to start making beats for a while now, and with the current price reductions, is the maschine mikro a good option to get started or is it smarter to wait for the new ones?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I didn't really like the album[relapse is better imo] but not afraid wasn't so bad. i also liked cold wind,so bad. on fire was ok along with some others.
relapse had great songs like.
-stay wide awake
-same song and dance
-insane
-my mom
etc

not afraid was played EVERYWHERE. and rihanna just ruined the way you lie.

illadelph

Relapse is waaay better than Recovery imo, but I still enjoy Recovery for what it is. It definitely was the album of summer 2010 for me. Cold Wind Blows is the shit

JackEtc

Go. Don't collect 200. Just go.
I did, and I'm still here. I've been here since the doors opened at 8, and it's now it's past midnight. There's been FIVE opening acts now, and NO sign of Ghost at all.

This is my first hip-hop concert, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but I'm sorta wtf over here.

EDIT: OH SHIT THEY JUST ROLLED IN

EDIT 2: and another act is on stage. Time to wait more...at least we know they're actually here now.

IrishNinja

how was it though? when they were at rock the bells years back, mos was stoned off his ass and spent too long on guitar/singing on this roots-lite black johnson shit, then Kweli showed up and had to project his voice by sounding nothing like he does on albums so the whole thing was a mess.

how was it though? when they were at rock the bells years back, mos was stoned off his ass and spent too long on guitar/singing on this roots-lite black johnson shit, then Kweli showed up and had to project his voice by sounding nothing like he does on albums so the whole thing was a mess.

They were amazing and only 10-30 mins late at rock the bells in california. It started raining a bit midway through. Made for an awesome atmosphere.

Mos Def humped a speaker and Talib Kewli posted about it on Twitter.

However, it was a good show and I was happy that I witnessed the two perform. Lots of energy from the crowd, too.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ayo Ace, where abouts in Japan do you live? Did you move to get work or just wanted to?
Was it hard to adjust?
Really thinking of moving after college next year. Would love to visit japan.

I was a Japanese history major so a bit of both

I didn't have many problems
But I gave a huge portion of my life studying the culture language and history

Are the rumours true about japanese women loving black men?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os3luWse1w0

Well learning from Youtube isn't the best move

Japan is a country of people who are consumed with dedicating themselves to something so people get a hobby and go all the way in

Long answer short there are some women who only brothers some who only date whites

But you really limit your quality if that's the kind of chicks you deal with

Knowing Japanese opens up so much more

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

When I saw Mos at rock the bells years back he spent half his set doing karaoke to reggae songs. I'm not even exaggerating either, I don't mean the motherfucker was covering reggae songs, he was just playing them on the sound system and singing over them every so often while stopping to do the "hippie on too much acid" dance for a few seconds. It was like watching a college freshman do his best Bob Marley impression, it was embarrassing as fuck and everyone in the crowd was getting pissed off.

Regarding recovery and relapse, I enjoyed both a lot for about 2 weeks and then never listened to them again.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
When I saw Mos at rock the bells years back he spent half his set doing karaoke to reggae songs. I'm not even exaggerating either, I don't mean the motherfucker was covering reggae songs, he was just playing them on the sound system and singing over them every so often while stopping to do the "hippie on too much acid" dance for a few seconds. It was like watching a college freshman do his best Bob Marley impression, it was embarrassing as fuck and everyone in the crowd was getting pissed off.

Regarding recovery and relapse, I enjoyed both a lot for about 2 weeks and then never listened to them again.
Mos Def is the definition of wasted potential and disappointment when it comes to hip hop. He's an idiot with delusional views trying to act like he knows something.

siddx

I was a Japanese history major so a bit of both

I didn't have many problems
But I gave a huge portion of my life studying the culture language and history

Well learning from Youtube isn't the best move

Japan is a country of people who are consumed with dedicating themselves to something so people get a hobby and go all the way in

Long answer short there are some women who only brothers some who only date whites

But you really limit your quality if that's the kind of chicks you deal with

Knowing Japanese opens up so much more

Japan has come a long way in the last 20 years, when I lived there in the 80's, children would burst into terrified tears at the sight of my curly jewfro and white freckled skin, and their parents would smile and pat them on the back to let them know that yes it was ok to be afraid of the weird looking boy because being japanese is correct and anything else is wrong. And my parents could always track down their black co worker by asking random people were the black man went. They'd literally point them in the right direction and they'd follow this bread crumb trail of surprised japanese who were still processing the sight of a dark skinned human. Not to mention there was NO english anywhere (this being before the winter olympics that prompted the government to start adding english and non kanji writing all over Japan) so getting anywhere or buying anything for the first few months was a nightmare for my parents. My father once spent 2 hours in a grocery store trying to find and buy a dozen items.
Last time I was in Japan it was nothing like I remembered until I made it out of the city and into some of the smaller towns like Hakuba.

Yea I heard Japanese chicks don't fuck with black dudes. There are some that do, on a hobby/fetish tip like Blackace mentioned but overall they flock to white dudes.

I'd probably be kinda shook hitting on a Japanese chick in public there. Wouldn't want to get bodied by some yazuka gangsters or some shit

siddx

Yea I heard Japanese chicks don't fuck with black dudes. There are some that do, on a hobby/fetish tip like Blackace mentioned but overall they flock to white dudes.

I'd probably be kinda shook hitting on a Japanese chick in public there. Wouldn't want to get bodied by some yazuka gangsters or some shit

Yazuka? Is that a motorcycle brand?

Worst thing that would happen to a foreigner in regards to Yakuza is getting beat up. They tend not to bother with non japanese because while they have the Japanese government and police in their pocket so to speak, they don't have the same kind of influence over foreign governments and don't want that kind of attention.

IrishNinja

PD i swear
your mind is like a labyrinth, and every path leads to pitfalls
except each pit is filled with different kinds of women who dont fuck with dark dudes

PD i swear
your mind is like a labyrinth, and every path leads to pitfalls
except each pit is filled with different kinds of women who dont fuck with dark dudes

Hey man, a ninja gotta eat. I'd say about 60% of my daily decisions are based around who does and doesn't fuck with black dudes. A family member of mine recently married a white man, and invited me to the wedding. Did I go? You already knoww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom