• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
That's what happens when you watch too many Kpop videos, your brain starts thinking stupid shit like "maybe Ma$e wasn't anything but middle of the road"

Kaizer

Banned
A Dre feature isnt really pimping any track, his presence hasnt made something a hit at all recently

I'm still amazed by how popular "I Need a Doctor" was. Shit has crazy view numbers on YouTube and was in the iTunes Top 10 for a while. I mean I get Eminem and Skylar Grey were on it, but damn, song wasn't anything special.

Mase is pretty lame but I legitimately think he had the best verse on the GOOD Music album.
Won't lie, I chuckled at the Loon line. His verse was alright, but I wasn't feeling his voice that much.

IrishNinja

RIP recons, last page got me messed up so i thought j cole was mad that you showed your balls to diggy or something, glad that's not the case i think

my ninjas

9yls2ua

http://www.getondown.com/album.php?id=15510
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FU4uJQStHyw

*sigh* well, gotta go buy this shit now

i like cuban linx, but not 40 dollars like. That box is dope tho

*waits for enter the 36 or supreme clientele repackage*

yeah ima wait on it to hit amazon like the last one (hopefully?) not the biggest Rae fan but this album is it for me
hoping i got amazon credit about...but yeah, id love those 2. not sure what id want with 36 besides a remastered disc, a copy of the shaw bros classic and maybe a scarf

God damn that Purple Tape.. The GZA chess box.. Fucking Wu taking all my money.

+1

looks better than the janky crap they released before

that ODB one was nice tho, i was just sad his welfare card aint fit in my wallet
pretty sure that thing gets you at least one free meal at dennys when you're strugglin

MITT ROMNEY DON'T PAY NO TAX

talk to em maccas!

LOZLINK

Wait
Wait
Fuck all of you
Never would I hear that a Mase verse is the best verse when theres a fantastic ghost and rae verse, let alone all the pusha verses. Kanyes New God Flow verse is fantastic as well. Not to mention 2chainz's Mercy verse which is easily one of the best verses on the album due to the charisma and delivery.

JackEtc

So I forgot to post a follow up to the Ghostface concert I went to saturday night, but it was awesome. Ghostface and Sheek Louch finally came on stage at about 1:40 (Doors opened at 8:00), and performed until 2:30ish. It was amazing. Killa Priest showed up too, which was a surprise.

They performed a ton of Wu-Tang and Ghostface songs, and ODB's Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Then outta nowhere they did some Biggie, which everyone went ballistic over. When they did "Protect Ya Neck", they brought two people up from the crowd to perform Meth and ODB's verse, which was pretty funny. I almost got picked for ODB's.

The venue was very small, but it was awesome. I was right up against the stage. I fistbumped Killa Priest, lol.

It was my first Hip-Hop concert, and it was fucking amazing.

Kaizer

Banned
Wait
Wait
Fuck all of you
Never would I hear that a Mase verse is the best verse when theres a fantastic ghost and rae verse, let alone all the pusha verses. Kanyes New God Flow verse is fantastic as well. Not to mention 2chainz's Mercy verse which is easily one of the best verses on the album due to the charisma and delivery.

Agreed, Raekwon killed it on The Morning.

Esch

Banned
Idk, maybe a mix of japanese music? I dont know if you play that or whatever, but itd at least be interesting to see whats poppin in their domestic scene to me

IrishNinja

i need a doctor was a struggle on wax doe
also +1 to a Nate tribute mix so hard!

So I forgot to post a follow up to the Ghostface concert I went to saturday night, but it was awesome. Ghostface and Sheek Louch finally came on stage at about 1:40 (Doors opened at 8:00), and performed until 2:30ish. It was amazing. Killa Priest showed up too, which was a surprise.

They performed a ton of Wu-Tang and Ghostface songs, and ODB's Shimmy Shimmy Ya. Then outta nowhere they did some Biggie, which everyone went ballistic over. When they did "Protect Ya Neck", they brought two people up from the crowd to perform Meth and ODB's verse, which was pretty funny. I almost got picked for ODB's.

The venue was very small, but it was awesome. I was right up against the stage. I fistbumped Killa Priest, lol.

It was my first Hip-Hop concert, and it was fucking amazing.

that actually sounds pretty cool, though i wonder how it went from 8-130, haha. that's crazy though, awesome experience man.

my favorite wu moment was last rock the bells down here years ago when Meth was talmbout an ODB tribute and some dude yelled "FUCK ODB" and he just jumped down & kicked the shit outta dude; i mean like instantly, there was no thought there, it just happened.

T Dollarz

I want to go see Kendrick w/Ab & Jay Rock on saturday but I am literally broke. Seriously contemplating donating plasma this week to pay for it haha

mooooose

Ye is the worst part of New God Flow. Easily. That opening verse is the best Pusha verse on the album and that is Ghost's best verse in 5+ years.

I believe there's a God above me
I'm just the God of everything else
I put hoes in everything else
New God Flow, fuck everything else

They said Pusha ain't fit with the umbrella
But I was good with the yay as a wholeseller
I think it's good that Ye got a blow dealer
A hot temper, matched with a cold killer

These are classic lines that will go down in Pusha's history. What a great verse. Just embodies Pusha perfectly as a rapper, a character, and his contributions to the rap game and GOOD music. Just perfect.

Hold up, I ain't trying to stunt, man
But these new Yeezys jumped over the jumpman

What an awkward opening. Compared to Pusha's fucking perfect opening to the song, this just sounds so contrived.

Picture working so hard, and you can't cut through
That can mess up your whole life, like an uncle that touched you

What an awkward punchline. Offense in such a gaudy way that only Ye could think he was a genius. Just horrible.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Ye is the worst part of New God Flow. Easily. That opening verse is the best Pusha verse on the album and that is Ghost's best verse in 5+ years.

These are classic lines that will go down in Pusha's history. What a great verse. Just embodies Pusha perfectly as a rapper, a character, and his contributions to the rap game and GOOD music. Just perfect.

What an awkward opening. Compared to Pusha's fucking perfect opening to the song, this just sounds so contrived.

What an awkward punchline. Offense in such a gaudy way that only Ye could think he was a genius. Just horrible.

I agree

DominoKid

lmao at Diggy & J. Cole's beef.
just listened to the respective disses.
everybody in that shit needs to stop especially Cole
why is Cole beefing w/ a little kid? there is no W to be had there.
no wonder Jay-Z is never seen in person w/ Cole.
Diggy why you sweating who your sister fucks?

fail all around.

Nibel

Oldie but Goldie

1.The Beginning
2.Stranger
3.Hoe feat Miguel & Gucci Mane
4.July feat Drake
5.My Mine
6.Popular
7.Real NOW feat. Lite, H.O.PE. & Roosevelt
8.Sailing NOT Selling feat Kanye West
9.Do Better Blues feat H.O.P.E.
10.Higher
11.You Vs. Them
12.Space Jam
13.Growing Apart Too feat. Kendrick Lamar & H.O.P.E.

iptckuEaMrsRv.gif

Trey

Oldie but Goldie

1.The Beginning
2.Stranger
3.Hoe feat Miguel & Gucci Mane
4.July feat Drake
5.My Mine
6.Popular
7.Real NOW feat. Lite, H.O.PE. & Roosevelt
8.Sailing NOT Selling feat Kanye West
9.Do Better Blues feat H.O.P.E.
10.Higher
11.You Vs. Them
12.Space Jam
13.Growing Apart Too feat. Kendrick Lamar & H.O.P.E.

iptckuEaMrsRv.gif

It would've been a better tape if it was just her. The only song that appreciates in value because of the feature is Growing Apart Too.

royalan

i4A14NrE7tUCW.gif

Wassup GAF-Hop.

I have a question: As someone who has a bit of an interest in Hip-Hop, I lurk in here from time to time. And something that I've always observed is that whenever female MCs are mentioned they are received with a lot of disdain. Up-and-comers like Azealia Banks and Iggy Azalea, and even greats like Lil Kim and Missy Elliot don't get a whole lot of love or mentions here or male-dominated Hip-Hop communities.

Why is that?

Besides the obvious ("she's fucking so-and-so for a deal" , "she's a puppet who doesn't write her own rhymes"), why does it seem to be so hard for female MCs to get that respect? I mean, female poets and writers get plenty of respect. Cross into Hip-Hop (which is a natural jump for a lot of spoken word poets), and suddenly it becomes much harder to be vetted.

Part of the reason that I'm a member of PopGAF is because I tend to prefer female artists and Pop is usually dominated by female acts. But I'd love to get some recommendations on GAF-Hop approved female MCs. Which females get respect around here?

HiiiLife

Why Kanye always gotta mess with the beats before he raps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom