• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Yeah, Lauryn Hill is by far my favorite female rapper ever. With The Fugees on The Score, then the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, and that awesome feature with Nas on It Was Written. Oh and her contributions on Wyclef's solo debut.

10.robertp_326183.jpg

9.laurynhill_326183.jpg

This shit is cracking me up.

Complex: 20 Celebrity Facebook Statuses That Use Cruel Summer Lyrics

Nice post PD

They are some new females holding it down as well:

Raven Sorvino
Angel Haze
Jaydavey
RatheMC
Amber London
Stash

Iggy really isnt too bad either

Iggy is a white girl from Australia, but somehow has the same vocal inflection as Gangsta Boo

i like raven sorvino

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miseducation_of_Lauryn_Hill#Lawsuit

Hill tried to screw them out of their share with bullshit.

Nah forget that nonsense.
The only thing the lawsuit concerned was production.
The CD says, 'written, performed and produced by Lauryn Hill' which wasn't strictly true as a couple of tracks were co-produced.
She wrote all of her lyrics.
The people suing were doing so for production credit recognition which technically gets them writing credits.

Regarding female MC's, shout out to Lefteye, Shortie No Mass who was on that In The Woods De La track and Yo-Yo who was holding her own on that one Ice Cube joint on the AmeriKKKa record.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Nah forget that nonsense.
The only thing the lawsuit concerned was production.
The CD says, 'written, performed and produced by Lauryn Hill' which wasn't strictly true as a couple of tracks were co-produced.
She wrote all of her lyrics.
The people suing were doing so for production credit recognition which technically gets them writing credits.

Regarding female MC's, shout out to Lefteye, Shortie No Mass who was on that In The Woods De La track and Yo-Yo who was holding her own on that one Ice Cube joint on the AmeriKKKa record.
Really? I believe this article says the lyrics were a collaborative effort too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill-20080826

Esch

Banned
The Big Ghost Cruel Summer Review

8. “Sin City” – John Legend, Travis Scott, Teyana Taylor, Cyhi Da Prynce & Malik Yusef: On paper…this the shit I GOTTA skip nahmean. N whyyyyyyyyyyyy Cyhi gotta be back on this shit too yo? Wheres the love Kanye? Why you doin this to us yo? Did son save you from drownin b? He wrestle you outta the jaws of a grizzly bear son? Im sayin do you owe this man doe b? Im confused fam… Dude actually rapped the words “she rode the broom on the beach…thats a sandwich”….Im sayin cmon son. Its 2012 my nigga. This aint 1991 bruh. You comin wit some ol Phife Dawg shit in 2012 son? The fuck is that…a Sideline Story tribute bar? He snatch that outta Lil Wayne’s Carter 4 rhyme book? Fuckouttahere wit that too stupid to be clever shit b…we grown. Top it all off this dude Travis Scott sound like he been studyin under Cyhi or some shit…like he gon carry on that tradition of that yawn hop that Cyhi be makin. I aint feelin it b. The Malik Yusef spoken word shit is coo tho… The rest is jus unsalted baked potato chips tho

Dead

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
new big ghost reviews are up for lil wayne and Good Music's album.

"Shit makes J Coles worst bars sound like some shit Black Thought wrote. "I make that bitch come til she come to a conclusion..." Cmon Dwayne... Big L rollin in his grave talmbout "But ninjas shot ME? lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching now.

EDIT: Missy has a 599 GTO? WTF?!

EDIT2: Timbo stay salty about every piece of music that came out after he stopped dropping heat. Lol @ him talking like the way music is put out now is wrong just cause it wasn't like in the 90s. Can't adapt, complain.

adapt lol. just because he doesnt accept any trash thrown at him doesnt make him salty.

adapt l

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
adapt lol. just because he doesnt accept any trash thrown at him doesnt make him salty.

adapt l
You watch any Timbo interviews recently?

It's an argument about him not being able to keep up or put enough value into his music because new cats are releasing it too fast. Not really cohesive at all, so he casts ALL new artists under the bus.

Really? I believe this article says the lyrics were a collaborative effort too.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/inside-the-miseducation-of-lauryn-hill-20080826

Yeah I've read that before. Here's a quote:
"Ain't nobody write no Lauryn Hill song, them shits was way too personal."

That and numerous other article point to it being a production issue only.
Well, there is this:
"Of course she sits there like, Ro, give me a word that rhymes with rat. I say cat just to trigger something, Nobody writes anything for her."
But every artist does this.

In the classic Wu days when Ghost was writing verses in his rhymebook he would ask Raekwon for words that rhymed occasionally. Shall we say Raekwon wrote all of Ghostface's songs now?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah I've read that before. Here's a quote:
"Ain't nobody write no Lauryn Hill song, them shits was way too personal."

That and numerous other article point to it being a production issue only.
Well, there is this:
"Of course she sits there like, Ro, give me a word that rhymes with rat. I say cat just to trigger something, Nobody writes anything for her."
But every artist does this.

In the classic Wu days when Ghost was writing verses in his rhymebook he would ask Raekwon for words that rhymed occasionally. Shall we say Raekwon wrote all of Ghostface's songs now?
You joke, but there's always been rumors that Trife ghostwrote some of Ghost's later stuff.

And being personal doesn't mean that she wrote it. The Watcher is a pretty personal song, but I refuse to believe that Dre wrote anything.

HiResDes

FIRE!

...Sounds like some heydey Def Jux shit

Spin said:
Jackson, Mississippi space cadet crash-lands with an out-there '80s-indebted concept album

How should I describe rapper/producer 7evenThirty's Heaven's Computer? A Big K.R.I.T. album if the only influence were 8ball & MJG's Space Age Pimpin'? Devin the Dude in "Zeldar" mode for 50 straight minutes? John Sayles' The Brother From Another Planet meets Forbidden Planet as a hip-hop musical? The Gorillaz's Plastic Beach with a lot more rapping and an '80s obsession that includes the Back To The Future soundtrack and the arch, ironic dialogue of Heathers? OutKast if they were still doing what they were doing?

All of those might sound pretty good, but they don't tap into what's so exciting about this concept album that casts 7evenThirty (presumably a Big L reference, right? "If you're 730, that means you're crazy" from "Ebonics") as a take-no-crap alien invader named Max Redrum. Tagging along with him is a super-polite super-computer named Alfie. Together, they discover that this Earth place is actually pretty great! Or something? He falls in love with his girl and defies his shit-talking superiors. Just listen for yourself. Meanwhile, producers Erik L, 5-D, and Mr. Slago wrap breakbeats, Southern twang, and effective doses of '80s cheese, around his heartwarming, spaced-out concept. Sure, there are highlights — diss track and auto-critique "Getup!!!!," the neon noir saxiness of "Chocolate Bliss," a slowed-down outer-space jam about label fuckery called "Mysterious Business" — but it's best to go through this one from start to finish and figure it out for yourself. 7evenThirty's Heaven's Computer is out next Tueday (pre-order it here), but you can listen to it below, exclusively at SPIN.

kamspy

Mannie Fresh is credited as main producer on The One. I had no clue.

Cocaine 80's didn't even make the linear notes. Cold shit.

Kad5

Could one of you fine gentlemen/women please tell me where I can get a cover of Liquid Swords for my Facebook banner?

Have you ever used the internet? Google image search: Liquid Swords Cover, select large in the size column.

Here's one

What is Google

Speaking of LS, I'm seeing GZA do it tomorrow in Chicago. Anyone see him on this tour? When I first posted about seeing him the general consensus was that he sucks/is boring live. How was he recently?

What is Google

Speaking of LS, I'm seeing GZA do it tomorrow in Chicago. Anyone see him on this tour? When I first posted about seeing him the general consensus was that he sucks/is boring live. How was he recently?

I seen him maybe 2 months ago with Rae and Ghost?? Worst ive ever seen of him. Absolutely no flow. Just said the lines. One of the best to ever do it, but hes terrible live. If youve seen him before dont go again, itll only ruin it for yourself.

Hootie

the dude is 46 years old and he ain't getting any younger. it sucks that he's on the decline but goddamn he's almost 50 years old

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I had one the other day too. His name change was the main focus.

Shit cracks me up. He's the new Jeezy to me. You put his shit on when you just want some generic, but well put together songs to nod your head to. Even my old school, backpacking white ass can't hate on Titty 2 Chainz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom