• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
in early 2011.. that could have easily chanced.. more than likely Roscoe did the hook and Ye scraped it..
This, most likely.

Ye credits everyone under the sun. Shit, he even credited Drake on AOTL even though he didn't make the final cut.

Chambers, did you get to listen to Undisputed?

Yeah i listened to it in bits over the last week, finally gave it a full spin there yesterday and again today, Not what i expected to be honest.

I fucking loved it. It was so much better listening straight through, the beats, the pacing, The classic DMX delivery.

Havent listened to Food and Liquor twice full through, picked tracks and playlisted them. Its not even good enough to make me want to listen twice, theres just too many misses and really below average songs. Its not bad by no means, great album for Lupe, but Undisputed is so much better.

X still has that passion and it shows. Same X energy, same love of making music. Nearly 15 years in the game now and still shitting on everything.

I think this is his first album to not be number 1, sold something like 17-20k first week and it dont make the slightest difference.

X is and always will be in my top 5 DOA.

Go cop that Undisputed folks. The dog is finally back.

Speaking of X, Fredro Starr from Onyx dissing X in a fresstyle, for no apparent reason. Lame ass freestyle, and what the fuck is with those corny fire effects??

Kendrick speaking on his joint album with J.Cole, and his "collaborations?" with Lady Gaga.

as in what era? all 90s hiphop. from 90 to 00 was like the biggest influence hiphop wise to me. but that's mainly because that was my youth.

<Edit>
as in what im baffled by? by all the lupe hate. Dude has SERIOUS bars on this shit. and by serious i mean some deep shit. It might not be fun party and bullshit, but like, theres alot of that out. I can get that from so many different artists. Not enough cats spitting bars that make you say "whoa, there's some real relevance in what he's saying" or make you think about things from a totally different perspective, etc. Then cats post all this crunk/trap/south shit that's just wack to me but they praise the fuck out of it. So Im guessing its just different eras. definitions of dope are different. I guess I'm getting old and I just gotta accept that. lol Basically, me and Sean P see eye to eye on some things.

Naw you're just close-minded and stuck in a lane.

lol hell naw, If I was closed minded I wouldn't even give shit a chance. I always listen to shit. but then When I hear it and i dont feel it then I dont feel it. But I always try to give shit a chance. Whenever cats put shit up, I always give it a chance. Alot of the south/trap music is wack to me. I cant fuck with alot of it.

And I'm a big ye fan but I can't fuck with alot of his recent "trap" shit.

As in what do you think isnt dope that people in the thread do?

2 chainz for one. Cant think of many off the top, I'd have to really look deeper into the thread.

Oh, Any of them "glory boyz" chief keef shit. I like the ye remix of "don't like" but all that other shit just is so bad to me.

most recently, that "Kush cloud" Joint. It's just kinda like...eh. but like I said, I just cant fuck with alot of the south stuff. No matter how much I try. Only when I'm high or drunk at the club.

as in what era? all 90s hiphop. from 90 to 00 was like the biggest influence hiphop wise to me. but that's mainly because that was my youth.

<Edit>
as in what im baffled by? by all the lupe hate. Dude has SERIOUS bars on this shit. and by serious i mean some deep shit. It might not be fun party and bullshit, but like, theres alot of that out. I can get that from so many different artists. Not enough cats spitting bars that make you say "whoa, there's some real relevance in what he's saying" or make you think about things from a totally different perspective, etc. Then cats post all this crunk/trap/south shit that's just wack to me but they praise the fuck out of it. So Im guessing its just different eras. definitions of dope are different. I guess I'm getting old and I just gotta accept that. lol Basically, me and Sean P see eye to eye on some things.

I honestly see where you coming from my dude, i was like you to be fair. You gotta try some of that crunk/trap/south "shit". I aint feeling most of it, but theres some dudes in this thread that post some heat, alot of it underground and shit you wouldn't normally come across. You gotta keep an open mind with this hip hop.

As for Lupe? Im a big fan. First 2 LPs are classics, Next 2? Nah. Lasers was doo doo. FnL2 really isnt great, im all about lyricism and that but like spindash said he comes across patronizing. I aint with all that preacher shit, put some of it in a blog Lupe , not every song you make. I wanted some shit like off Food and Liqour 1, that fun laidback music, not "America is wrong and heres why" shit hes on. I think i put too much hype on the album and it could never meet it, being a fan. Never shouldve put the title as Food and Liqour.

But it is what it is, theres some bad tracks but theres also some winners on there.

Theres alot of music where the artist is spitting "relevant shit" like you said, posted in here. Keep your eyes and your mind open.

2 chainz for one. Cant think of many off the top, I'd have to really look deeper into the thread.

Oh, Any of them "glory boyz" chief keef shit. I like the ye remix of "don't like" but all that other shit just is so bad to me.

most recently, that "Kush cloud" Joint. It's just kinda like...eh. but like I said, I just cant fuck with alot of the south stuff. No matter how much I try. Only when I'm high or drunk at the club.

Im with you on 2chainz, that ninja is really really bad. But people in here like it cause its ignorant, big beats, party music, not for its lyrics.

I think its dog shit personally, but different strokes and all that good stuff.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Nothing to do with different eras. I'm 30, I grew up listening to late 80's and 90's hip hop. Mid 90's is still my favorite era. It has everything to do with lupe sounding like a fucking idiot spouting his patronizing bullshit. All those "deep" lyrics sound like they are coming from some college freshman who took an international politics and a philosophy class and now thinks he's some kind of deep dude spouting out meaningful shit with his shitty dreadlocks, che poster, and copy of a peoples history of the united states. That dude is clown. Lupe is a clown.

2 Chainz is Transformers The Movie. Fuck cohesion, fuck a message, sometimes I want to turn my brain off and enjoy some nonsense.

Next time you play a pick up game, shout "2 chaaainzzz!" as you take a shot and see who isn't at least smiling. Those people don't know how to live.

Esch

Banned
I see Lupe's bars as being equivalent in deepness to that of a freshman polisci major. Kamspy is right that he is fucking silly as shit when he's talking about issues. I can't fuck with him on any level. Sorry.

Charlemagne is such a dick man... How do you piss a guy like KRIT off?

edit: lol i guess siddx said it before me. let me put it this way. I put lupe fans and people that think of him as being an intelligent issue rapper in the same level as immortal technique and canibus stans/conspiracy theorist alex jones type nuthuggers.

Nothing to do with different eras. I'm 30, I grew up listening to late 80's and 90's hip hop. Mid 90's is still my favorite era. It has everything to do with lupe sounding like a fucking idiot spouting his patronizing bullshit. All those "deep" lyrics sound like they are coming from some college freshman who took an international politics and a philosophy class and now thinks he's some kind of deep dude spouting out meaningful shit with his shitty dreadlocks, che poster, and copy of a peoples history of the united states. That dude is clown. Lupe is a clown.

I see Lupe's bars as being equivalent in deepness to that of a freshman polisci major. Kamspy is right that he is fucking silly as shit when he's talking about issues. I can't fuck with him on any level. Sorry.

Charlemagne is such a dick man... How do you piss a guy like KRIT off?

edit: lol i guess siddx said it before me. let me put it this way. I put lupe fans and people that think of him as being an intelligent issue rapper in the same level as immortal technique and canibus stans/conspiracy theorist alex jones type nuthuggers.

Lupe doesn't have enough grace to spout political bullshit and get away with it. Someone like Killer Mike can rhyme about conspiracy theories, but he has enough finesse to make it sound pleasing to the ears. Lupe just doesn't have this gift and it really hurts him in the end.

FnL2 is leaps ahead of Lasers. Nothing that really stands out big time but a solid rebound.

Lupe grew up and changed his game up. That shit happens, all the time. People are extremely salty cause he doesnt speak to what they wanna hear or say, well shiet....dont listen anymore. Thats his voice, it might not be stuff people like to hear but he spits it well and thats why I aint mad.

PBY

Banned
Ransom_Winters_Coming-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/Ransom-Winters-Coming-mixtape.360461.html

quality party music. Seriously, it bumps.

Trey

Lupe doesn't have enough grace to spout political bullshit and get away with it. Someone like Killer Mike can rhyme about conspiracy theories, but he has enough finesse to make it sound pleasing to the ears. Lupe just doesn't have this gift and it really hurts him in the end.

I was thinking about this point when I heard that Ronald Reagan song. Gotta be his flow or something because the actual content of the message is no greater than what Lupe would say. Typical "RR hated blacks" stuff.

CRS

Lupe can pull off a government conspiracy track but not an entire album of it. American Terrorist off the first F&L is a great track and beats anything off of F&L 2.

Lupe can pull off a government conspiracy track but not an entire album of it. American Terrorist off the first F&L is a great track and beats anything off of F&L 2.
So he can't do it anymore..
I mean Streets on fire was a song about AIDS and was pretty dope, but I don't think he can do a track like that anymore without being too heavy handed.

kamspy

2 Chainz is Transformers The Movie. Fuck cohesion, fuck a message, sometimes I want to turn my brain off and enjoy some nonsense.

Next time you play a pick up game, shout "2 chaaainzzz!" as you take a shot and see who isn't at least smiling. Those people don't know how to live.

and new Lupe is like a bad Spike Lee joint.

Lupe grew up and changed his game up. That shit happens, all the time. People are extremely salty cause he doesnt speak to what they wanna hear or say, well shiet....dont listen anymore. Thats his voice, it might not be stuff people like to hear but he spits it well and thats why I aint mad.

I think what I appreciate most about this Lupe album is.....yes people are upset about the topics, the content, and the political awareness/etc.

But being able to spit about those things, and Make it sound so dope and have it so well written, is hard as an emcee.

It's easy to write all that other type of shit (party and bullshit, ego/dope, battle type, weed/drunk, drug game, harder than you type bars), but to be able to write shit like this and make it sound dope at the sametime...is really really difficult, so it makes me appreciate it so much more.

real talk...Second verse of "Strange fruition" is verse of the year. Fuck what ya heard

Recon

Banned
Yeah i listened to it in bits over the last week, finally gave it a full spin there yesterday and again today, Not what i expected to be honest.

I fucking loved it. It was so much better listening straight through, the beats, the pacing, The classic DMX delivery.

Havent listened to Food and Liquor twice full through, picked tracks and playlisted them. Its not even good enough to make me want to listen twice, theres just too many misses and really below average songs. Its not bad by no means, great album for Lupe, but Undisputed is so much better.

X still has that passion and it shows. Same X energy, same love of making music. Nearly 15 years in the game now and still shitting on everything.

I think this is his first album to not be number 1, sold something like 17-20k first week and it dont make the slightest difference.

X is and always will be in my top 5 DOA.

Go cop that Undisputed folks. The dog is finally back.

I rather listen to my aunt sing NWA tracks than that crack head.

Also, the usual suspects hating Lupe. Nothing new. I said it before, Lupe could drop illmatic and certain members would still say "Fuck lil whoopi" Yall never change.

Recon

Banned
Giant Bomb told me Borderlands 2 is basically just Borderlands 1 but slightly better. Yeah, no thanks. That shit was boring as fuck.

Detox

All loot games are trash although borderlands is a decent coop diversion but not good enough to sink real time into. So many guns and a skill tree and the combat loop still doesn't come close to other top FPS'.

Recon

Banned
All loot games are trash although borderlands is a decent coop diversion but not good enough to sink real time into. So many guns and a skill tree and the combat loop still doesn't come close to other top FPS'.

I play like 2 or 3 games a year, total. This year I have played about 9 hours of Torchlight since it was cheap and I was high at the time, and some Heroes of Newerth. I think me being a gamer has come to a stop. Old age or something.

Detox

I feel the same way, its like all games are cut from the same cloth. Only game that's really hooked me recently is dota 2 and that is due to what feels like rock solid mechanics and it's a nice place to have coop sessions with my buddies. It's also the reason why I'm really interested in how the wii u turns out in a year or so due to Nintendo seeming to be one of the few developers who still get the joy you can derive from pure gameplay, rather than trying to conform to a certain mold.

Recon

Banned
I feel the same way, its like all games are cut from the same cloth. Only game that's really hooked me recently is dota 2 and that is due to what feels like rock solid mechanics and it's a nice place to have coop sessions with my buddies. It's also the reason why I'm really interested in how the wii u turns out in a year or so due to Nintendo seeming to be one of the few developers who still get the joy you can derive from pure gameplay, rather than trying to conform to a certain mold.

Yeah, I just dont have much fun anymore. I played through and beat Arkham Asylum last year, and I didnt have much fun. I only played through it because I love me some Batman. I was too burnt out on it to even try playing Arkham City, even though I got it free with my video card. I just feel like Im going through the motions in most games now, never having fun.

SUPREME1

Banned
man hiphop heads in this thread be baffling the hell out of me. I just came up in a different era I guess so my concept of dope is different.

<Edit>

I feel you man, you are not completely alone. While we might not like the exact same things (who does?) I know what you mean about preffering the lyrical content over the beat. Don't get me wrong, I love beats too, but I don't get all the love some songs or artists get. While I like the occasional banger or club track... I will overwhelmingly gravitate towards a skilled or deep messenger. Granted, even those guys drop shallow or ignant material as well.

For instance:
I never got onboard with Lil Wayne and that movement. Though I'll admit to occasionally liking a line here and there, I just didn't think he was what he was being labeled as (one of the best). Never felt Young Jeezy was anything more than a solid rapper. I mean, I get why people could like him... but I just never did. Something is missing in his music to me (someone once tried to get me to liek his music and played some, while trying to sell me on the sound of his voice). The whole southern music takeover actually has me confused as well. I like some of it, but don't think it merits the amount of play it gets. It's completely dominating and it wears on me.

Over the last ten years I've felt at different times that hip hop was in trouble, but then would come across some young talent and it'd be a relief to know I could look forward to more of their stuff. So whenever I hear of a young new artist, I give them a chance, hoping he'll be another one of these talents I genuinely like. I'm usually disappointed, but every once in a while it pays off.

Kendrick Lamar
Pusha T (though I've been following him since his Clipse days)
Big KRIT (Love his more thought provoking stuff, tolerate his ingant stuff)

^Some of the younger heads that keep me interested in rap.

Also will forever pick up anything new from old guys like Nas, Eminem, DJQuik, Wu-Tang, etc.

kamspy

The comparison people make between AssCred 1 to AssCreed 2 is actually pretty much spot on for the leap between BL1 and BL2. I love it. Playing as Zer0, up to around level 14 I think. Even made me drop a GT 640 in my extra PCI slot to supplement to GTX 680 on the PhysX awesomeness.

Yyyyyup. Great performer, and he did his old shit too which was nice. If Ab Soul is performing there too I'd say it's a definite yes to going.

IMG_20120919_230457.jpg

I was thereee, I wanted Ab-Soul to come out so bad, but I checked his twitter and knew he wasn't going to be there

When Kendrick played Michael Jordan..DUDE. Shit got real AF, the crowd got so hyped man omg

Recon

Banned
The comparison people make between AssCred 1 to AssCreed 2 is actually pretty much spot on for the leap between BL1 and BL2. I love it. Playing as Zer0, up to around level 14 I think. Even made me drop a GT 640 in my extra PCI slot to supplement to GTX 680 on the PhysX awesomeness.

Do you ever talk about games without mentioning your GPU? It is like a running joke at this point.

DominoKid

For instance:
I never got onboard with Lil Wayne and that movement. Though I'll admit to occasionally liking a line here and there, I just didn't think he was what he was being labeled as (one of the best). Never felt Young Jeezy was anything more than a solid rapper. I mean, I get why people could like him... but I just never did. Something is missing in his music to me (someone once tried to get me to liek his music and played some, while trying to sell me on the sound of his voice). The whole southern music takeover actually has me confused as well. I like some of it, but don't think it merits the amount of play it gets. It's completely dominating and it wears on me.

I love this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom