• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Lloyd feat. August Alsina - Swimming Pools (Remix)

Sounds fucking smooth to me, I can rock to this

iHbFOo7GTWnYY.gif

Cudder

I was thereee, I wanted Ab-Soul to come out so bad, but I checked his twitter and knew he wasn't going to be there

When Kendrick played Michael Jordan..DUDE. Shit got real AF, the crowd got so hyped man omg

Yeah man, I was disappointed as fuck Ab Soul didn't come out. I checked his twitter and saw he was at Shade45 so I knew as well.

WHEN I SAY FLY, YALL SAY UUUUUUU

effzee

as in what era? all 90s hiphop. from 90 to 00 was like the biggest influence hiphop wise to me. but that's mainly because that was my youth.

<Edit>
as in what im baffled by? by all the lupe hate. Dude has SERIOUS bars on this shit. and by serious i mean some deep shit. It might not be fun party and bullshit, but like, theres alot of that out. I can get that from so many different artists. Not enough cats spitting bars that make you say "whoa, there's some real relevance in what he's saying" or make you think about things from a totally different perspective, etc. Then cats post all this crunk/trap/south shit that's just wack to me but they praise the fuck out of it. So Im guessing its just different eras. definitions of dope are different. I guess I'm getting old and I just gotta accept that. lol Basically, me and Sean P see eye to eye on some things.

Not alone. I agree with you tons. I much rather listen to great lyrics with great appropriate beats than a lot of the southern rap or non lyrical shit.

Yeah man, I was disappointed as fuck Ab Soul didn't come out. I checked his twitter and saw he was at Shade45 so I knew as well.

WHEN I SAY FLY, YALL SAY UUUUUUU

Are you going to any more Toronto shows soon?

I'm seeing Big Sean tonight, then Big Krit on Monday

Cudder

Are you going to any more Toronto shows soon?

I'm seeing Big Sean tonight, then Big Krit on Monday

KRIT on Monday
ASAPxSchoolboyxDanny Brown Oct 2
CunninLynguists Nov 17

I'm really excited for KRIT. It's weird though cuz although I love the shit out of his mixtapes and albums I don't know any of his lyrics asides from a couple songs, so I'll probably hang back and just vibe/chill to the music you know?

It's definitely much better than the first installment.

Veteran mode is also the ideal way of playing this. The normal mode is way too easy.

Yeah, I played the demo on normal and I was about to fall asleep due to how easy it was. So definitely going to have to put it on veteran like you say.

Yup or at least that is what Danny Brown claims

Can I get a link? He's my favorite rapper right now, actually got XXX on vinyl heh. I read that he was just touring and stuff (seeing him in November!) and that he wouldn't be releasing anything. If so, hype!!!!

He said something about it, trying to find the interview, yall ninjas be killing me asking for a source I ain't no lupe talking about imaginary shit just take my word for it that he said it

Cudder

CunninLynguists have a new mixtape coming (Strange Journey Vol. 3), and Kno has an instrumental album coming before his next solo effort. That's all probably a ways off, though.

Recon

Banned
CunninLynguists have a new mixtape coming (Strange Journey Vol. 3), and Kno has an instrumental album coming before his next solo effort. That's all probably a ways off, though.

But still no Chico and the Man? That is becoming a joke project now.

Blu swear Danny Johnson is this year too I believe

Also, found the link
Can I get a link? He's my favorite rapper right now, actually got XXX on vinyl heh. I read that he was just touring and stuff (seeing him in November!) and that he wouldn't be releasing anything. If so, hype!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4SAi00iX0 yea says Fall or Winter. He also said recently on twitter he was recording like 30 something songs or some shit

Cudder

But still no Chico and the Man? That is becoming a joke project now.

Kno went off on another one of his rants on their official forums about that project and where it's at. This was November 2011.

Since Chico & The Man was “announced” in 2003 I have overseen 16 different releases—producing and mixing them in full, rapping on some, even mastering them and doing all of the graphic design for them in some cases. I’ve reluctantly taken beats from Chico & The Man and placed them elsewhere during this process (Things I Dream, The Gates, Embers, etc.) for the sake of putting out the best quality music for the fans. Hell, at the risk of sounding melodramatic I’ve watched my dedication to music crush personal relationships and allow my health to crumble as I, like you, have waited for this album to come to fruition. Music is what I love, this is what I do for a living and when it comes to delivering for our fans I don’t fuck around—my output reflects it.

I want this album to exist in your world as much as you do, but I refuse to allow something that I could eventually be the most proud of to A: become the bane of my existence in a pit of regret and B: not get heard by as many people as possible while it mires in some dark, dusty corner of iTunes.

That is why Chico & The Man will not be dropping in December and from this point forward won’t even be discussed or have questions about it entertained until I hold a finished product in my hand that I am 100% happy with. December release was contingent on it being unceremoniously “dropped” digitally on iTunes and Bandcamp just for the sake of getting the monkey off of our backs, but after sitting with the record I simply can’t have that happen now. Tonedeff is one of my best friends and I have no intention on throwing him under the bus—but I waited patiently while the brilliant writing on this record got to marinate, grow and take shape over the course of nearly 6 years and I feel it is simply unfair for the mixing & promotion process to be granted a few months, especially with such great distribution and promo opportunities on the table that we’d have to pass on otherwise. Even Matt Hobbs had nearly 2 years to work on the video for “1000 Ships”—I feel that the rest of these things deserve more than 2 months. You deserve it. The album deserves it. Our fans have shown a level of dedication to a record that only existed in theory that I truly appreciate—I want it to be available outside of the internet, I want it to be available on vinyl, I want you to actually hear about it outside of QN5.com.

A little while before the release date was announced I was about as close as you can come to just scrapping the entire project out of sheer frustration and resentment—I was tired of talking about it on tour, tired of making excuses for it, tired of it stressing me out, tired of the strain it was putting on my friendship with Tone but most of all I was tired of sitting on this awesome thing and feeling completely handcuffed. Reconciling my creative process with Tone’s hasn’t been easy, but I realize now that people do need to hear it and it has to be given the care & effort that 8 years of work deserves. No more “clues”, no more teasers, no more questions, no more anything until I am happy with not only the finished product but also the distribution, promotion and reach in place to make sure everyone who should hear it does hear it.

I know that I have deferred all questions and comments about this album to Tonedeff for the past 3-4 years, but the record is in my hands now and the decision to push it is mine and mine alone. I’ve only had two release dates pushed back ever—APOS thanks to a label snafu and Death Is Silent due to Souljah Boy—and both irritated the shit out of me, but this is the best move here and it simply has to be done. Hopefully the 3 albums I’ve dropped in the past 12 months can tide you over a little bit longer—they’re pretty dope, too.

Thanks
Kno

Recon

Banned
Kno went off on another one of his rants on their official forums about that project and where it's at. This was November 2011.

I remember that. So, hes had the album for a year. But refuses to do anything with it. Okay.

Edit: Never mind, I read it wrong. Still, its becoming his "detox" now.

Cudder

Yo Cudder don't forget to post in here how that ASAP x Q x Danny is, cause I'm trying to see that in Nov.

lol

I will. I was gonna post vids from the Kendrick show but the sound is just blown out from recording on my phone.

I remember that. So, hes had the album for a year. But refuses to do anything with it. Okay.

Edit: Never mind, I read it wrong. Still, its becoming his "detox" now.

I just want some more CL music. Have they even done a fucking SONG since they released Oneirology?

My friend bought my concert tickets for the ASAP Rocky/Schoolboy Q/Danny Brown and the Kentucky Lamar concert. I am so hyped for it, jesus.

themagnum

Neo Member
Very disappointed by Food and Liquor 2. I loved FnL 1 and The Cool (where I think he peaked). Lasers had some good songs on it, as well a few of his recent mix tapes (yoga flame).

Recently, the one thing I did notice was that Soundtrakk produced a majority of his good songs from FnL1 and The Cool, but disappeared afterwards, producing only 1 song FnL2. Anyone know what happened to him? Without him, Lupe's music severely suffers.

Recon

Banned
Very disappointed by Food and Liquor 2. I loved FnL 1 and The Cool (where I think he peaked). Lasers had some good songs on it, as well a few of his recent mix tapes (yoga flame).

Recently, the one thing I did notice was that Soundtrakk produced a majority of his good songs from FnL1 and The Cool, but disappeared afterwards, producing only 1 song FnL2. Anyone know what happened to him? Without him, Lupe's music severely suffers.

get-out-gif.gif

KRIT on Monday
ASAPxSchoolboyxDanny Brown Oct 2
CunninLynguists Nov 17

I'm really excited for KRIT. It's weird though cuz although I love the shit out of his mixtapes and albums I don't know any of his lyrics asides from a couple songs, so I'll probably hang back and just vibe/chill to the music you know?

Yea I'm going to the Asap rocky show too on Oct 2.

Was thinking of getting Slaughterhouse tickets, but Idk how well they would be live

CRS

:eek:oooooooooooo

Oh man, i really need to finish my work. Hopefully i'll be able to play for a little bit. Both Borderlands and Torchlight were released after school started. Worst timing I've evee seen.

Damn have we reached the point where someone likes Lasers more than F&L2 tho? Come back and clarify.

I may not think F&L2 is all that great, but damn lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The highs on Lasers are higher (All Black Everything, Letting Go & Break The Chain). F&LII better overall though.

Recon

Banned
The highs on Lasers are higher (All Black Everything, Letting Go & Break The Chain). F&LII better overall though.

OMG no. All Black Everything was overrated as fuck. Never understood the love for that track. LASERS had no highs. Straight garbage.

SoilBreak

Banned

iburF3e38kvQYP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom