• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm looking forward to Jay Rock's next album more than any other TDE artist. Follow me home was so close to being a great album, hopefully time and having more experienced people around him will let him focus a little more (same thing I'm hoping for kendrick).

ab soul and schoolboy should start a group called "All star weed carriers" though. Proof that with hard work, even the most average rapper can find success.

F*ck? Pusha was, that is not even an opinion, it's fact.

lol hell no. Quality > Quantity. 2 Chainz one verse on Mercy > all of Pusha T's on everything else. He killed that beat.

ab soul and schoolboy should start a group called "All star weed carriers" though. Proof that with hard work, even the most average rapper can find success.

wtf, you and a few others here always making me rage when it comes to TDE lol. Control System and HnC are the best albums out of the camp right now. followed by follow me home and setbacks and then section 80

siddx

control system had 1 or 2 good songs

HnC at least had 3 or 4

section.80 had 5 or 6

follow me home had 10 or 11

I've liked everything I've heard from kendrick recently though.
Next round of albums will tell me whether TDE is worth the hype.

Even browsed back through all the albums to make sure. Now back to listening to Above the Law.

Recon

Banned
Jay Rock is literally what you would get if you combined every generic 90's gangsta rapper. Nothing is original or interesting from him. He is like if the Game stopped name dropping and became 75% less interesting.

RJT

I'm with Recon on TDE. Jay Rock is generic as fuck (though he does have some good verses), while the rest of TDE is good to great.

However, I can't agree on the Lupe album. I never fully listened to Lasers, so I may have a different perspective on F&L II, but this album is a major disappointment. The beats are horrible, the hooks are mostly horrible, and the great storytelling that made the actual Food & Liquor so great (Kick Push, Daydreaming, The Cool, Kick Push II, ...) is basically absent. Decent album, but not more than that.

Detox

Fuck F&L2 and Cruel Summer, Tech N9ne dropped a dope EP
C9Rbf.jpg

siddx

everyone in tde is generic as fuck. Save for kendrick about 40% of the time and schoolboy 10% of the time. At least jay picks good beats.

Recon

Banned
everyone in tde is generic as fuck. Save for kendrick about 40% of the time and schoolboy 10% of the time. At least jay picks good beats.

Beats on Section 80 and Control System were great. I dont remember Jay's beats. Not too memorable.

Recon

Banned
I honestly thought Pusha had the best verse, but 2 Chainz was just entertaining as fuck.

Edit: Not everything is about lyrics, or else I would agree. Peep the thread title, sometimes shit just grows on you.

I will never fuck with 2 chainz. ever...he gets no play.

wait, let me not lie...ONE of his songs get play in my whip, but it's only because they sampled the weeknd.

siddx

ghostface and rae had the only worthwhile verses on the entire album. Everyone else on that piece of shit can go fuck themselves.

Recon

Banned
I don't fuck with pusha outside of grindin

Nah my dude, New God Flow was the best thing out of GOOD music in the last few years. That shit is just great. Well, until Kanye decides to do his usual fuckery at the end. But you can just skip that part.

Nah my dude, New God Flow was the best thing out of GOOD music in the last few years. That shit is just great. Well, until Kanye decides to do his usual fuckery at the end. But you can just skip that part.

I can agree with that. and that remix of Don't Like. that shit hard as fuck. THE POWER'S IN MY HAIR!

siddx

Nah my dude, New God Flow was the best thing out of GOOD music in the last few years. That shit is just great.

Mercy minus kanye and Clique are the only songs that I bother with. Sin City and The One could have been something if they weren't clusterfucks of people I give exactly zero fucks about. Whomever decided to put 2 chainz on the one instead of clique is a fucking idiot.

Recon

Banned
Mercy minus kanye and Clique are the only songs that I bother with. Sin City and The One could have been something if they weren't clusterfucks of people I give exactly zero fucks about. Whomever decided to put 2 chainz on the one instead of clique is a fucking idiot.

2 Chainz verse on The One is so bad its good for me. "When My nigga went to jail, I said free Gucci/ I done bought so much shit i should get free gucci" That kind of verse over that kind of beat is just so damn hilarious.

RJT

I have to say that my favorite verse on Cruel Summer is Kanye's on Clique. Everything else else he did on the album was pretty terrible tho...

RJT

Btw, "Take one for the team" would probably be the best track if it were on Cruel Summer. So disappointed by that album after the awesome Good Fridays... :/

HiResDes

Jay Rock eats ketamine boy q for breakfast.

Nope...Not in song making at least, and what you've suggested is a bit ironic. Jay Rock is pretty dope but he is the most generic rapper out of the whole bunch, Follow Me Home sounds like a bigger retread than any other TDE album.

Man Tity Boi had the worst verse by far on CS.
His shit on The One is terrible.
He got outshined by M A Dollar Sign E even!
Come on now.
He's never spit anything that can compare to Push, especially on that album.

siddx

His verse on the one was completely out of place and makes it difficult to be a fan. 2chainz belongs in your anus, but the one is the kind of beat that wants massage oils and candles aka the kind of shit kanye does for Ray J's leftovers (Reezy taught me). 2chainz needs some no lube going in dry you best poop around it type shit. Not this hold me while I weep gently bullshit.

Recon

Banned
His verse on the one was completely out of place and makes it difficult to be a fan. 2chainz belongs in your anus, but the one is the kind of beat that wants massage oils and candles aka the kind of shit kanye does for Ray J's leftovers (Reezy taught me). 2chainz needs some no lube going in dry you best poop around it type shit. Not this hold me while I weep gently bullshit.

And yeah my bitch cold, nigga thin sweater
Like my verse suede and the beat leather

tumblr_lt8awfjxng1qfwshko1_500.gif

Lmao... Im fucking dying reading this.

2Chainz wack as fuck tho.

Please don't tell me the 2 Chainz album just clicked with me. This can't be real life.

Their numbers are rising... Zombie apocalypse style...

2chainz has never been about dope lyrics, but people keep in trying to fit him inside that box. No wonder some people don't like him.

No doubt, people listen to him for entertainment. I like some ignorant music like hes tryna pull off, Des put me onto some decent mixtapes and through his recommendations etc.

Im just not entertained by him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ghostface and rae had the only worthwhile verses on the entire album. Everyone else on that piece of shit can go fuck themselves.
You mad CyHi murdered Rae and Ghost on the album?

Listen I know it's hard not to dislike the motherfucker, but that Rae verse is a phone in, and Ghost's verse lyrically cant fuck with CyHi's either. Second probably, tied with rest of em on New God Flow.

And Jay Rock is mostly wack. FMH was easily the lowest point in TDE history, and really I don't know how son has made it this far in his career off of perpetually lukewarm releases. Also he is probably the most generic WC artist out, exceeding Game in that regard.

Siddx lost his damn mind confirmed.

siddx

You mad CyHi murdered Rae and Ghost on the album?

Listen I know it's hard not to dislike the motherfucker, but that Rae verse is a phone in, and Ghost's verse lyrically cant fuck with CyHi's either. Second probably, tied with rest of em on New God Flow.

And Jay Rock is mostly wack. FMH was easily the lowest point in TDE history, and really I don't know how son has made it this far in his career off of perpetually lukewarm releases. Also he is probably the most generic WC artist out, exceeding Game in that regard.

Siddx lost his damn mind confirmed.

lol cyhi couldn't murder an infant with a crow bar.

overcast

Alright, so I finally listened to Cruel Summer (after having my internet down for 2 weeks). It's like the definition of a 6.5/10 album.

The first 7 songs are all nice, they range from okay (Mercy/Cold) to great (New God Flow, The Morning, Higher).. Then there is a huge drop off when Sin City comes on. Sin City, The One, Creepers, and Bliss damn near put me to sleep. Why is there a John Legend/Teyana song anyway? I think Kanye is pretty nice on most of his verses, Pusha is at the top. Dude killed it throughout. I also think Don't Like is an AWFUL way to end the album. The song just sucks after the first 2 verses (which are definitely hype).

WTT was better by a little, and I can't see how anybody could prefer this to MBDTF. It's not a disappointment though, or even bad at all. Just an okay album.

Esch

Banned
the range of opinions on cruel summer is hilarious, hahaha.

I cant fuck with it personally, a hot disorganized mess and hopefully kanye's next studio effort doesnt fuck up

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
the range of opinions on cruel summer is hilarious, hahaha.

I cant fuck with it personally, a hot disorganized mess and hopefully kanye's next studio effort doesnt fuck up
I honestly think it's more organized and cohesive than WTT. There's only so much cohesiveness you can expect from something advertised as a compilation.

If Cold and I Don't Like weren't forced on there, it'd be much better. Otherwise, it flows really good the more I listen to it, especially with The Morning as that mid way point.

Cudder

control system had 1 or 2 good songs

HnC at least had 3 or 4

section.80 had 5 or 6

follow me home had 10 or 11

I've liked everything I've heard from kendrick recently though.
Next round of albums will tell me whether TDE is worth the hype.

Even browsed back through all the albums to make sure. Now back to listening to Above the Law.

Section 80 had only 5 or 6 good songs?
lol hell no. Quality > Quantity. 2 Chainz one verse on Mercy > all of Pusha T's on everything else. He killed that beat.

wtf, you and a few others here always making me rage when it comes to TDE lol. Control System and HnC are the best albums out of the camp right now. followed by follow me home and setbacks and then section 80
Section 80 underneath all those albums?

Somebody shoot me in the fucking face.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo that Lloyd Swimming Pools is kind of nice.

Real talk I've never hated Lloyd like I do most R&B stars though. He's aight though I'd never check out stuff from him intentionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom