• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Diggy?

Seriously.
y'all don't know about that Diggy-Mo'
090318_diggymo02.jpg

Diggy could be huge in a few years if his career was handled by the right people. Get him in some movies, continue releasing mixtapes, features, etc. A cute (pause obviously), light skinned softer than Velveeta ass nicca in this day and age? There are white bitches who aren't even born yet who are just waiting to give him money, b

Tokubetsu

Diggy could be huge in a few years if his career was handled by the right people. Get him in some movies, continue releasing mixtapes, features, etc. A cute (pause obviously), light skinned softer than Velveeta ass nicca in this day and age? There are white bitches who aren't even born yet who are just waiting to give him money, b

Yep. If his peoples were smart they would have told him to keep it relatively quiet during these years. Do movies tv etc mainly like you said then get him in beast mode once he hits like 22. 17/18 is that perfect storm age range where you don't know shit, but you think you got it and he's square in the middle of it right now.

The last thing he needs to be worried about is J Cole. Cole will probably be another bitter former Jay-Z artist in five years, let's be real...

Diggy needs to get on some Nick tv show, do a track with Bieber, etc. Then eventually start taking more risks with the music, start getting "serious" - not enough to lose the audience, but enough so that DominoKid and his generation can hail you as a lyrical genius.

easy money. just keep the hair curly and the clothes tight bruh

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A gaffer came to watch me spin last night that was pretty dope

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
GAF-Hop

what are your top five songs production wise ?

I'm trying to understand what makes a good beat.

HiiiLife

GAF-Hop

what are your top five songs production wise ?

I'm trying to understand what makes a good beat.

You'll definitely have to get the opinion of other Hip Hop aficionados in this thread but I'll go ahead and bite. Keep in mind I'm not fond of the technicalities when it comes to production..

I know you specifically said song but an album came to mind..

madvillainy.jpg

All the beats sound so.. Focused. Not only that but MF is dope and the beat accentuates the rhymes. The production is like an orchestration beginning to end.

Lol. But I'm sure there are other GAFers that would agree Madvillainy is well produced.

AND.. Pretty much any J Dilla Album. There are only a few albums I can play without skipping a single track. And these are a couple of them. I'm willing to bet it has more to do than the rappers lyrical skills, but the producer as well.

At least that's the conclusion I came to. Lol.

ecurbj

I picked up the physical copy of Cruel Summer. And I like the album actually. Not better than his singles and I honestly think they could of done better considering all the time they had for production, plus delays.

I heard the iTunes version in the iTunes Store is remastered and is better than the physical copy. Is this true?

And what's with some songs labeled with .1 at the end of a track title? Mercy.1, New God Flow.1 etc.

The last thing he needs to be worried about is J Cole. Cole will probably be another bitter former Jay-Z artist in five years, let's be real...

Diggy needs to get on some Nick tv show, do a track with Bieber, etc. Then eventually start taking more risks with the music, start getting "serious" - not enough to lose the audience, but enough so that DominoKid and his generation can hail you as a lyrical genius.

easy money. just keep the hair curly and the clothes tight bruh

Lol... This has me dying...

I heard the iTunes version in the iTunes Store is remastered and is better than the physical copy. Is this true?.

Yeah, Yeezy delayed the Itunes release and gave them the remastered version, its vastly superior. Why is the real question tho.
to the latter struggle: yeah, dude multitasks. he's been back from china for a minute, gotta figure he'd been wanting that flick to be made forever and the time was right, that's gonna push all other projects to the side...to what extent is he involved in that Ghost project though?

Hes exec. producing it.

These ninjas wont be laughing when the genius drops that Liquid Swords on them.
The Wu is comin thru, the outcome is CRITICAL.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I listened..I dont understand what you guys heard. You sure you didnt put in his old album by mistake?
Sounds uncannily like old X, minus some of the aggressiveness. Still talking about that pain, but the different pains he has now later in his life. Addresses his marriage, people saying he's a crackhead, etc. A few wack songs on there sure, but still pretty solid overall.

I think if you disassociate how he's been acting recently in interviews from the music, it stands up really well.

I thought Shaolin v Wu was super disappointing. The production just feels lazy to me; lots of familiar samples that aren't flipped interestingly. My hope was that CL2's success would lead to newer but similar production, quality wise. The first single Butter Knives got me super hyped. Then the title track blew me away

But those are the best songs/beats on the album. It's not a bad album but it's just...eh. Not a lot of Ghost, few bangers, it just didn't feel right. I had been anticipating it for years too

Rae needs more beats like Gihad, Broken Safety, Butter Knives, Lord Lord Lord, etc

Yeah, Ill throw it in the whip this week. I would love to love an X album, just wasnt feeling this one.

There is classic X on there. I went in with really low expectations, only track i heard was that Dont Dance garbage beforehand. Id say that helped me love it more, expectations were that low it could only be better.

Tokubetsu

I thought Shaolin v Wu was super disappointing. The production just feels lazy to me; lots of familiar samples that aren't flipped interestingly. My hope was that CL2's success would lead to newer but similar production, quality wise. The first single Butter Knives got me super hyped. Then the title track blew me away

But those are the best songs/beats on the album. It's not a bad album but it's just...eh. Not a lot of Ghost, few bangers, it just didn't feel right. I had been anticipating it for years too

Rae needs more beats like Gihad, Broken Safety, Butter Knives, Lord Lord Lord, etc

Broken Ferry and The Scroll aren't lazy beats.

That track is beast, between that and Black Mozart, they my favourites off part 2.

SvW was definitely different from OB4CL2, I enjoyed it though. Im with you on not enough Ghost, but thats more a Cuban Linx thing then having him all over every Rae solo if you get me?

Cuban part 3 is in the pipeline so you might get what you looking for on that.

I had been anticipating it for years too

It was always supposed to be a clan album w/o RZA. As much as i thought that was bullshit idea, i was kinda interested to hear how it would turn out. But yeah after Part II it wasnt as good.

By no means bad tho

2 Chainz, Gunplay and Juicy J are THE BEST at the ignant game right now. Better than Kanye and his clique clique clique clique clique

oh and lol at that jojo freestyle to the beat. spindashing's post had me dead.

DominoKid

i feel kinda sorry for Ace considering all the mileage Meek Mill is getting off a very inferior rip of his style
i like Starvation more than BBV2 though

unrelated, the 2012 Chrysler 300 has Beats speakers in it. Dre is winning so fucking hard right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom