• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Gunplay's the best rapper, Ace Hood is next, and then everybody else is a bit behind IMO...But still dope

Edit: Damn Starvation goes too, thanks dudes

DominoKid

Gunplay has flashes of brilliance but I really don't see the source of the sustained hype he's getting. IRL people are surprised when I tell em I don't like Gunplay.

HiResDes

Gunplay's potential hasn't been realized, Bogota Rich was dope, but he needs to get some original beats suited specifically for him...Just like I think Fat Trel will produce great great ignorant things soon.

Tokubetsu

Gunplay's potential hasn't been realized, Bogota Rich was dope, but he needs to get some original beats suited specifically for him...Just like I think Fat Trel will produce great great ignorant things soon.

Fat Trel is a good comparison. A lot of potential, they need a project that's just all them. Fat Trel almost had it with Nightmare but he went too soft for most of it.

I remember someone being disappointed by a lack of soundtrakk on FNL2 so there's an answer.
3IzYa.png

Don't know what skulls is.

Based off all their previous tapes, it's pretty damn clear they want to go mainstream, especially Alley Boy and Fat Trel.

Fat Trel tape starts off nice, like really really nice to me. BUT once you hit track 10, the song for the ladies destroy the pacing like wtf and the funny part is that there aren't that many songs for the ladies, maybe 4 in the 2nd half and I actually really like 2, but the others just destroy the pacing.

I did miss Nigganti though I'd admit, I'm sure it's much more what I expected out of Alley Boy.

I know I'd still prefer Trouble though, his voice is so raw and so is his rapping style. Sometimes he reminds me of a slower rapping version of Mystikal just cause of his rhyme style(Listen to It's Time), I wouldn't be surprised if he said that's one of his favorite rapper. Another thing I like about Trouble is that while he is ignorant, he don't come off too ignorant and would spit some knowledge every now and then.

Edit: I agree a bit with Domino that DTE needs a bit more time in the oven and they need to stop beefing with other ATL rappers haha, I heard they be having some people shook there

T Dollarz

Which show did you go to? Just a Kendrick concert? Is Soul opening for him on this tour?

Any pics you mind uploading? Gonna be sure to catch his show when he comes through to Utah next month.

Hyyyype.

I was in Milwaukee last night, BET Music Matters Tour. Stalley, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, and Kendrick all played. It was so sick. The atmosphere was incredible. My personal favorite was Ab. He KILLED his set.

I didn't take any pics cause my phone is trapped in the 90s, but Soulo and Stalley posted these on Twitter. Show was LIVE:
314115_3681065029656_1327247650_n.jpg
527469_3681065109658_1795103610_n.jpg

Cudder

I was in Milwaukee last night, BET Music Matters Tour. Stalley, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, and Kendrick all played. It was so sick. The atmosphere was incredible. My personal favorite was Ab. He KILLED his set.

I didn't take any pics cause my phone is trapped in the 90s, but Soulo and Stalley posted these on Twitter. Show was LIVE:
314115_3681065029656_1327247650_n.jpg
527469_3681065109658_1795103610_n.jpg
An Soul definitely is a great performer. He doesn't yell or scream his lyrics, he just raps like he does on the record which is great. Means he has a lot of energy to carry him through his whole set. Just a chill vibe through and through.

Tokubetsu

An Soul definitely is a great performer. He doesn't yell or scream his lyrics, he just raps like he does on the record which is great. Means he has a lot of energy to carry him through his whole set. Just a chill vibe through and through.

That annunaki flow. Limitless.

T Dollarz

stalley-cover.jpg

Stalley - Lincoln Way Nights

Just downloaded and peeped this cause of how impressed I was with Stalley last night. Holy fuck, I was sleepin. This tape is so dope.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Everytime i see Diggy I always think back to Run's House..and how JoJo is now the joke of family. Team Blackout didn't get ANY play outside of the tri state area

Team Blackout didn't get any play outside the four walls of Run's house to be honest.

I used to love 3 6 Mafia back in the day, but didn't follow Juicy J's resurrection as of late. Any recommendations for him?

Juicy J - Gotta get a new one

Keep in mind I'm a David Ruffin fan so I am bias..

ecurbj

I got charged twice downloading Cruel Summer. It didn't show up in my iTunes library at all the first time but it said was downloaded on my PC. So I downloaded it again and got charged. Oh well...

I'm about to give this remastered version a listen and report back.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
i feel kinda sorry for Ace considering all the mileage Meek Mill is getting off a very inferior rip of his style
i like Starvation more than BBV2 though

unrelated, the 2012 Chrysler 300 has Beats speakers in it. Dre is winning so fucking hard right now.

Meek Mill has range Ace Hood makes one of the three songs over and over...

Gunplay's the best rapper, Ace Hood is next, and then everybody else is a bit behind IMO...But still dope

Edit: Damn Starvation goes too, thanks dudes

I like Gunplay a lot but the best rapper in the game?

Blackace

Hey, I like Function! Don't know shit else from him, tbh.

Like Ricky Ross, everyday I'm hustlin'
Gettin' off weight (like who?) Jennifer Hudson
Pack a hammer, Thor
Shooter, score
Slide through batches think I'm hecka rich
Breakin' necks, turnin' heads like the exorcist
Thumbs up like the like button
Eatin' good, no rib touchin'
Runnin' with a bundle, never fumble
Countin' so much bread I got Carpal tunnel

This is from a song he did with 2 Chainz.. lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
production is fine. but dude is awful. i will never get why/who likes 2 chains

I'm not like, buying his records, but for stupid music to just nod to, he's in the Jeezy zone. Probably pretty telling that I usually YouTube 1-2 songs of his at a time and have my fill.

Like Ricky Ross, everyday I'm hustlin'
Gettin' off weight (like who?) Jennifer Hudson
Pack a hammer, Thor
Shooter, score
Slide through batches think I'm hecka rich
Breakin' necks, turnin' heads like the exorcist
Thumbs up like the like button
Eatin' good, no rib touchin'
Runnin' with a bundle, never fumble
Countin' so much bread I got Carpal tunnel

This is from a song he did with 2 Chainz.. lol

I'll check it out....sounds fun.

Blackace

i thought I'd tire of it pretty quickly, but I was listening to it today and fuck I still love it.

I can't handle a straight listen through... but I do really enjoy 2 Chainz..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
i feel kinda sorry for Ace considering all the mileage Meek Mill is getting off a very inferior rip of his style
i like Starvation more than BBV2 though

unrelated, the 2012 Chrysler 300 has Beats speakers in it. Dre is winning so fucking hard right now.

I bought my mom a laptop with Beats speakers. They did sound better than most when I listened to some Pandora on it. I give Dre, Monster and Iovine credit, they marketed the hell out of the brand and IMO have a great product. Though the headphones are a bit too expensive.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Look, I'm a backpacker at heart. It takes a special kind of idiot to appeal to my ignant nature, buried though it may be beneath Casio clunker beats and whiny bars about they moms struggling and whatever. I feel that shit. Can't be helped. So, 2 Chainz being able to get a nod from me is something. He's good at what he does. Even though next year I'm sure we'll all be sick of his dumb ass.

Blackace

I bought my mom a laptop with Beats speakers. They did sound better than most when I listened to some Pandora on it. I give Dre, Monster and Iovine credit, they marketed the hell out of the brand and IMO have a great product. Though the headphones are a bit too expensive.

people going hate, no matter what you say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom