• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been in a 90s mood lately, I mean how good was this shit? RZA killed the beat, Pun was just so dope on the mic. Prodigy was in his rhyming prime and the underrated Deck actually showed up that day.

Makes his album being destroyed that more painful, hearing him on beast RZA beats.

Its too bad Pun wouldnta hit the treadmill, fat motherfucker killed himself getting that big. Ever see what he looked like when he was younger? Shit is wild how big he got.

What do you mean by his (Pun's or Deck's?) album being destroyed?

But yeah, that song is pretty fucking close to perfection. That album (bar a couple cuts) is God tier to me.

It's the album of this decade
Both were great- only one changed music.

whitepeoplewut.gif

What do you mean by his (Pun's or Deck's?) album being destroyed?

But yeah, that song is pretty fucking close to perfection. That album (bar a couple cuts) is God tier to me.

Way back around 93-94 RZAs recording studio was in a basement. It flooded and the original version of Method Mans album (Tical was re-recorded but its said to be much different then the original) And alot of songs form Decks solo debut were lost too.

Decks album coulda been so dope, RZA was dropping heat rocks around that time.

It's the album of this decade

Cmon now Kanye. You promised youd stop that.

Way back around 93-94 RZAs recording studio was in a basement. It flooded and the original version of Method Mans album (Tical was re-recorded but its said to be much different then the original) And alot of songs form Decks solo debut were lost too.

Decks album coulda been so dope, RZA was dropping heat rocks around that time.

O_O Yo, I wish I never asked you now... I always tell people how sick a Deck album with 15 tracks on par with "Movas and Shakers" and "Fiction" (something that should've, and obviously would've been an easy possibility). Man, that's a real shame.

O_O Yo, I wish I never asked you now... I always tell people how sick a Deck album with 15 tracks on par with "Movas and Shakers" and "Fiction". Man, that's a real shame.

Most def, can only imagine how dope that album would've been. Deck deserved a standout solo debut like Meth, GZA, Chef and Ghost exec produced by RZA. Hes on par with all them when he actually puts effort in.

Always wanted to know what the original Tical sounded like too

Tokubetsu

TO my maschine having brothers, 1.8 update is out. Just got an email with my key for massive. Will put in work later this week.

Esch

Banned
DominoKid being DominoKid.

The influence argument is kinda silly either way. If you were even gonna pick a HIP HOP album based on influence, it would probably be something like the Carter III or College Dropout/Late Registration. Or maybe Speakerboxx/Love Below which sold like 11 milli copies or some ridiculous shit.

Tokubetsu

Hey PD, you buying Baby Face Killa tonight right? I'm not the only Gangsta Gibbs stan here yea? I'm so excited for BFK man. Gibbs finally putting in some work that lives up to the potential I was excited about two years ago.

Tokubetsu

The influence argument is kinda silly either way. If you were even gonna pick a HIP HOP album based on influence, it would probably be something like the Carter III or College Dropout/Late Registration. Or maybe Speakerboxx/Love Below which sold like 11 milli copies or some ridiculous shit.

If we're talking about influence too, I stand by 808s & Heartbreak being one of Kanye's most influential works. That shit was a crossover big and I maintain that a lot of dudes that are popular now for that almost stream of consciousness singing (and rapping) would not big getting attention if Yeezy hadn't surprised the world back in 08

Best rap albums of the aughts? Supreme Clientele, Madvillainy, Fishscale. DF isn't in the top 5 or 10

Hey PD, you buying Baby Face Killa tonight right? I'm not the only Gangsta Gibbs stan here yea? I'm so excited for BFK man. Gibbs finally putting in some work that lives up to the potential I was excited about two years ago.

Man you know it's gonna get delayed again. But if it doesn't get delayed I'll be copping it

ecurbj

I think all the songs are remastered from the disc-release, but the .1 only applies to singles that have been released before and touched up. For instance, To The World has been noticeably tweaked and had Ye's entire verse re-recorded, but there's no .1 after it.
So the CD isn't remastered, the only version that is remastered is the iTunes version. Correct?

Esch

Banned
I'd still put Kanye's first two up. In their own way, they were kind of a death knell for the gangsta shit. They made it okay to be a little nerdy, a little self conscious. Without those albums it makes you wonder where the BoBs, the Drakes, the Lupe Fiascos, and even guys like Wiz Khalifa would be. Or maybe they'd be different.

BFK isnt coming out tonight.

Tokubetsu

I'd still put Kanye's first two up. In their own way, they were kind of a death knell for the gangsta shit. They made it okay to be a little nerdy, a little self conscious. Without those albums it makes you wonder where the BoBs, the Drakes, the Lupe Fiascos, and even guys like Wiz Khalifa would be. Or maybe they'd be different.

BFK isnt coming out tonight.

Yeah it is. 25th. Pre-order has been up on itunes since Fri/Sat and itunes always drops shit at midnight. Free tagged version will be at DatPiff.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/baby-face-killa/id563367205

I finally listened to fnl2.

The fuck was that. Felt like Lupe wrote an angry email listing a bunch of things he dislikes while he was in a Bill Cosby type mood. The stick has gone way too far up his ass. He used to be a guy with his own thing going on, now he just seems like he would be unpleasant to be around.

His progression is the exact same as a nerdy highschool kid who decides to be a philosophy major after not being smart enough to be an economics major.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
PT 1 & 2 both didn't release the same year. Did they?

yeah he did. It was crazy I didn't start listening to him until about 2 months before PT 2 shit was an overload of dopeness.

Nice.... Yo I don't want to jinx it but 2012 10 years from now will be looked upon as a damn good hip hop year.

Esch

Banned
also gafhop PC fam we should start a borderlands 2 run together. it would be a great success and super fun time max awesome.

*looks at enzo, complex, MOB, detox, kamspy, CRS*

I'm not getting the fat loot i need playing it solo .______.

T Dollarz

2010 - MBDTF > Pilot Talk > Marcberg > Sir Lucious Left Foot

I've never heard that Big Pun 'Capital Punishment' album. Is that a classic? Worth checking out?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
2010 - MBDTF > Pilot Talk > Marcberg > Sir Lucious Left Foot

I've never heard that Big Pun 'Capital Punishment' album. Is that a classic? Worth checking out?

yes man yes it is. Its classic and had a lot of All time great Lyricist guest on it and then proceed to be eaten "pun intended" <----(double pun intended) by Big Pun. Also listen to the skits man ... Pun was a funny motherfucker.

CRS

I havent had much time to mess around with Borderlands 2 so i havent beaten the game or gotten far at all but I'm still down. Can probably play later tonight. Perhaps around 8 PM PST.

Esch, are you thinking about starting a new character or continuing? I think my Zer0 is in his early teens.

Esch

Banned
I havent had much time to mess around with Borderlands 2 so i havent beaten the game or gotten far at all but I'm still down. Can probably play later tonight. Perhaps around 8 PM PST.

Esch, are you thinking about starting a new character or continuing? I think my Zer0 is in his early teens.

Concidence! My Axton is level 16. We can probably play just fine. I probably cant do 8 PST, but I'll definitely be able to play at 10 PST, and 9 at the earliest. Where are you at in the game?

Gangsta Gibbs album drop tonight? What I miss?

Should be "out" in about 30-60 minutes. It's coming out in Europe first

I doubt it'll sell decent. If Gibbs was more serious he would have been touring harder, doing features, interviews, etc. I don't get why he seems content to just spend all his money on weed and chicken...

Tokubetsu

Should be "out" in about 30-60 minutes. It's coming out in Europe first

I doubt it'll sell decent. If Gibbs was more serious he would have been touring harder, doing features, interviews, etc. I don't get why he seems content to just spend all his money on weed and chicken...

I mean technically its not even an album. It's a tape that I guess took too long to come out. I remember when he first talked about it, it was supposed to be a project with alchemist but that's a whole different thing now (which we'll probably never see).

Detox

brotherali-mourninginamerica.jpg

Been listening to this a lot over the past couple of days. Like Lupe, Ali does concious rap but never sounds preachy. It's more like a good friend keeping it 100 with you, some songs are about the struggle in America or the first world while others are more personal and offer a glimpse into his own conversion from Christianity to Islam but it never goes too far into the religious side to sound like he is a missionary. There's also a couple of songs on the state of the mainstream industry and labels. The production is upbeat throughout and helps to stop the lyrics from sounding preachy and paper thin although Ali's voice which sounds like he teeters on the edge of tears probably helps.

Some highlight tracks:
Brother Ali - Mourning in America
Fajr
Need a knot

Well,

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/mannie.mp3

like Swizzy, truly an underrated producer!
Can't wait to listen to this

I finally listened to fnl2.

The fuck was that. Felt like Lupe wrote an angry email listing a bunch of things he dislikes while he was in a Bill Cosby type mood. The stick has gone way too far up his ass. He used to be a guy with his own thing going on, now he just seems like he would be unpleasant to be around.

His progression is the exact same as a nerdy highschool kid who decides to be a philosophy major after not being smart enough to be an economics major.

Give it another listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom