• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

ayo where is Kampsy? wanna get his opinion on BFK

also is Z-Ro actually good, album wise? what should I check out
I actually really liked Z-Ro's verse and I looked up his stuff and the dude has a crazy amount of material out there. It was kind of overwhelming.

Recon

Banned
I actually really liked Z-Ro's verse and I looked up his stuff and the dude has a crazy amount of material out there. It was kind of overwhelming.

The Life of Joseph W. McVey is really good. I still have that album around here somewhere.

Nabs

I wish I could share the original ABN (It Is What It Is) album before they removed all the samples. I'm not going to lie though, I think I lost that shit on a random hdd.

I think his 04 and 05 albums are pretty good. The Life of..., and Let the Truth Be Told. I haven't actually listened to them in a while though, so I could be off. I was also a fan of Guerilla Maab - Rise years back.

“I would go over to Big and be like, ‘What’s good, my nigga?’ and kick it with him. I knew the shit bothered him but he never showed me that it bothered him. In the same sense, I showed him that, ‘Look, that’s how certain individuals feel and shit, but me and you, we good.’ I think he respected that shit.

“If you look in hindsight, Rae’s done a fucking joint dedicated to Biggie. He’s saying in the record, ‘It wasn’t even that we ain’t like you, nigga. It was the competition at the point in time.’ That’s exactly what it was.

“They weren’t rocking with him and it was just the competition of the moment. Rae is the same type of nigga he was. If anything, I think them niggas should have done a joint together. Fuck me and Big, Rae and Big would have been Watch The Throne."

For all my Wu heads, real interesting Method Man interview. Goes through his top 25 Method Man songs, gives the backstory to them. Some real interesting shit in here.

DangerStepp

lolmusicreviews

I'd say if you were ever a Lupe fan, it's worth checking out.

Exactly, dont ever take critics recommendations. If critics praised everything all the time no one pay them any attention. The albums great, check it out and make up your own mind on it.
I don't base my opinion upon the critics'; I just get bad vibes.

I didn't dig Lasers. :\

I'll let ya know how I feel after listening.

The Life of Joseph W. McVey and Let the Truth Be Told are what most fans fuck with. I like a lot of his albums though to a certain extent.

Edit: Just listen to those comeback and say how you like them and I'd recommend other stuff. I know there's a quite few of other Z-ro fans here too.

20120926-MUSTBENICE1.jpg

http://mustbenice.g-eazy.com/

I know Siddx would like this

“I would go over to Big and be like, ‘What’s good, my nigga?’ and kick it with him. I knew the shit bothered him but he never showed me that it bothered him. In the same sense, I showed him that, ‘Look, that’s how certain individuals feel and shit, but me and you, we good.’ I think he respected that shit.

“If you look in hindsight, Rae’s done a fucking joint dedicated to Biggie. He’s saying in the record, ‘It wasn’t even that we ain’t like you, nigga. It was the competition at the point in time.’ That’s exactly what it was.

“They weren’t rocking with him and it was just the competition of the moment. Rae is the same type of nigga he was. If anything, I think them niggas should have done a joint together. Fuck me and Big, Rae and Big would have been Watch The Throne."

For all my Wu heads, real interesting Method Man interview. Goes through his top 25 Method Man songs, gives the backstory to them. Some real interesting shit in here.

This is just too dope, had to stop reading and give props. Reading that part about Meth watching the Method Man video on MTV while eating rice with ketchup, thinking the rap shit wasn't gonna work...damn. Crazy

This is just too dope, had to stop reading and give props. Reading that part about Meth watching the Method Man video on MTV while eating rice with ketchup, thinking the rap shit wasn't gonna work...damn. Crazy

I know man, didnt think that interview was gonna be so in depth. Id love to see more of those.

They got a chef one on there but i aint got the time to read it now, you might wanna check it out.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
New Dro mixtape...

Young Dro - Ralph Lauren Reefa

Also saw a couple of heads asking about Z-Ro earlier. Imo his first 3 albums (Look What You Did To Me, Z-Ro Vs. The World and King Of Da Ghetto) are some of his best solo works. For something a lil more recent i'd maybe go with The Life Of Joseph W. Mcvey, I'm Still Livin or Let The Truth Be Told. Him and Trae went under the handle Assholes By Nature and their album It Is What It Is was some real good shit. The Guerilla Maab album Rise was cool as well. I was going to recommend Noz's Z-Ro mix here but it looks like it's been taken down but I guess you could youtube some of the songs on his tracklist and see if you feel like getting into his stuff.

kamspy

Gibbs tape is nice. Still a little too unfocued and wordy. Beats are chill as hell. It's probably his best project. I'd like to see him with a good executive producer and try to distill BFK's 18 tracks of heat to a dozen tracks of straight fire. Only gave it a couple listens so far. Thinking Kush Cloud is the best track. Too bad is got a horribad Spaceghost purp verse. That guy really killed anything he had going for him. Dude shoulda stayed in his lane as A$AP's eccentric cousin.

Gibbs is high as fuck the whole album though. By high I mean geeked off coke.

Yeah. Overall, good shit, but wordy and unfocused. I wouldn't even mention that stuff, but IMO, getting kinda overrated here so far. Mastering is shit too. Is the iTunes version mastered any better than the Piff tape?

Gibbs tape is nice. Still a little too unfocued and wordy. Beats are chill as hell. It's probably his best project. I'd like to see him with a good executive producer and try to distill BFK's 18 tracks of heat to a dozen tracks of straight fire. Only gave it a couple listens so far. Thinking Kush Cloud is the best track. Too bad is got a horribad Spaceghost purp verse. That guy really killed anything he had going for him. Dude shoulda stayed in his lane as A$AP's eccentric cousin.

Gibbs is high as fuck the whole album though. By high I mean geeked off coke.

Yeah. Overall, good shit, but wordy and unfocused. I wouldn't even mention that stuff, but IMO, getting kinda overrated here so far. Mastering is shit too. Is the iTunes version mastered any better than the Piff tape?

I got the Itunes and it sounds pretty good?

Cudder

Gonna peep the iTunes version right now. Piff version has clipping on all the vocals. Terribad mastering.

Isn't it like that with all Piff tapes though? I noticed all the shit i get from there is not the highest quality. I guess they run it through some shitty conversion cycle before uploading so it takes less room on their servers or some shit.

Cudder

meek-mill-x-Xaphoon-Jones.jpeg

Any of you fuck with Xaphoon Jones? I was pretty big on Chiddy Bang when they first came out, didn't like the album too much. But Xaphoon's tapes are pretty much quality. His 3rd coming soon.

Imm0rt4l

Anybody else think Lupe is a hypocrite for never using the word bitch, having a song where he preaches his view on why the word should be used? I mean if you can so cavalierly use the word 'nigga' then you're making a mountain of a mole hill. It's an ok song though I guess.

HiiiLife

Anybody else think Lupe is a hypocrite for never using the word bitch, having a song where he preaches his view on why the word should be used? I mean if you can so cavalierly use the word 'nigga' then you're making a mountain of a mole hill. It's an ok song though I guess.

I can see where you're coming from and thought the same thing for a moment. Lol. But eh, it's an OK song. And I still like me some Lupe.

Just Lupe being Lupe. Dont read too much into it and enjoy the music

Hey guys how is Diggy's debut album? I remember getting his mixtape a few years ago maybe and was really surprised.
We don't really like talking about the guy who sonned J.Cole here, I think you better run before you get robbed.

Didn't try the album out but from the tracklist and the ratings it got, it's probably an okay poppy hip-hop album.

Recon

Banned

Lupe does use bitch outside of that track though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom