• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

homies, im up to Season 3 Ep 3 of The Wire and its just sooo sloowwwwww. It's taken me months just to get to this point. There aint no suspense in this shit at all. Every episode (and season) is tied up so nicely at the end that I don't even have an urge to keep watching. better than Breaking Bad? FUCK OUTTA HERE

Jitters

Thinking about how bad K.R.I.T.'s hooks are made me think of how good Freddie Gibbs' hooks are. There are a couple on Baby Face Killa that are great and fit in so well with the verses.

Cudder

Thinking about how bad K.R.I.T.'s hooks are made me think of how good Freddie Gibbs' hooks are. There are a couple on Baby Face Killa that are great and fit in so well with the verses.

A couple as in a lot or a couple as in 2? 2 good hooks on 18 tracks isn't good. Krit has more than 2 good hooks on his album.

Recon

Banned
homies, im up to Season 3 Ep 3 of The Wire and its just sooo sloowwwwww. It's taken me months just to get to this point. There aint no suspense in this shit at all. Every episode (and season) is tied up so nicely at the end that I don't even have an urge to keep watching. better than Breaking Bad? FUCK OUTTA HERE

That doesnt sound like The Wire at all. Except for the slow part. It really is better than Breaking Bad. Hell, The Shield is better than Breaking Bad. I love me some Walter White though.

The Wire has the best characters I have ever seen on television. Breaking Bad is just way more cartoony than anything on The Wire, maybe thats why you like it better.

HiiiLife

That doesnt sound like The Wire at all. Except for the slow part. It really is better than Breaking Bad. Hell, The Shield is better than Breaking Bad. I love me some Walter White though.

The Wire has the best characters I have ever seen on television. Breaking Bad is just way more cartoony than anything on The Wire, maybe thats why you like it better.

:mad:

Cudder

Sure BB is not as grounded in reality as The Wire, but it makes for better television that's for damn sure.

Yeah it's got some good characters, but really though who are these "best characters on TV" you're talking about? I fail to see one on The Wire that has gone through a journey as impressive or as involving or as transforming as Walter White's. The characters in S3 of The Wire are the exact same damn people as they started out as in S1.

Recon

Banned
Sure BB is not as grounded in reality as The Wire, but it makes for better television that's for damn sure.

Yeah it's got some good characters, but really though who are these "best characters on TV" you're talking about? I fail to see one on The Wire that has gone through a journey as impressive or as "deep" as Walter White's.

Avon Barksdale, Stringer Bell, Bodey, Mcnulty, Omar, the kids, marlow, etc. Almost every character on that show.

I would say Bubbles had a better and more emotional arc than Walter White so far too.

CRS

I wouldn't put Avon on there. He didn't really change much throughout the show. I still need to finish season 5. Have only seen 3 episodes.

Bubbles had one hell of an arc and one of the biggest life changing experiences in the series.
The death of his protégé and him eventually trying to kill himself was really fucked up.

Carver is up there as well. One of my favorites character developments.
Felt for the dude with what happened to Randy

Esch

Banned
I don't know about KRIT though. I felt like Hometown Hero was his strongest chance and he didn't take it far enough. Then he finally breaks out, and in conjunction with his singles, he's marketed as a forgettable rapper from the South.

i dont feel comfortable agreeing with you this much haha

I agree though, Hometown Hero was the jam and the remix with Yela is actually what got me into krit as an artist, great shit

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Canada customs aren't letting in Schoolboy Q OR Danny Brown in for the ASAP tour...god fucking damnnnnn it.

haha they put that on the last TDE blog video or some shit...or maybe it's happening again. Dudes need to stop being their own drug carriers.

Cruel Summer was fucking shit but Mercy is hilarious and New God Flow had a great Ghost verse (Kanye and Pusha had ok verses) so I expect the same of Cruel Winter. hype.

Jitters

Cruel Summer gets way too much hate. Its not the most cohesive or ambitious record ,but it has some entertaining tracks with spectacular production. Really underrated.

Cruel Summer gets way too much hate. Its not the most cohesive or ambitious record ,but it has some entertaining tracks with spectacular production. Really underrated.

If anything, Cruel Summer still managed to be overrated considering how mediocre it is. New God Flow will end up being the only track left standing from the project in a few months.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cruel Summer hate is expected, as is with anything with Kanye's name attached to it that doesn't have his exact same sound from TCD/LR days.

It's a really solid album, especially solid and cohesive being a compilation/crew album. It pretty much succeeds in everything it tries to be.

Am I the only one who thinks 'I don't like' could be huge?
It already is huge. Son had a bidding war over getting remixed by Ye.

Even though there's no video, I hear it/people talking about it everywhere.

Jitters

Cruel Summer hate is expected, as is with anything with Kanye's name attached to it that doesn't have his exact same sound from TCD/LR days.

It's a really solid album, especially solid and cohesive being a compilation/crew album. It pretty much succeeds in everything it tries to be.
Exactly. I've noticed MBDTF getting complaints too. And that was a wonderful album. It had influence from so many different genres ,it ended up with a completely unique sound. It reminded me of Outkast in that way.

The Cruel Summer hate isn't simply because it's Kanye, it's because 2 years ago he dropped FREE tracks (GOOD Fridays) that ended up overall being vastly superior, not to mention they included people CS didn't like QTip, Raekwon (although we got GFK so it balances), Lupe, J Cole, Camron and Mos.

GOOD FRIDAYS >>> CRUEL SUMMER

Come at me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Cruel Summer hate isn't simply because it's Kanye, it's because 2 years ago he dropped FREE tracks (GOOD Fridays) that ended up overall being vastly superior, not to mention they included people CS didn't like QTip, Raekwon (although we got GFK so it balances), Lupe, J Cole, Camron and Mos.

Come at me
This is... terrible logic. Why are they even comparable?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Exactly. I've noticed MBDTF getting complaints too. And that was a wonderful album. It had influence from so many different genres ,it ended up with a completely unique sound. It reminded me of Outkast in that way.
I like most of ye's work 808 is meh and MBDTF is hot trash

Like cruel summer and WTT

Nothing about MBDTF should remind anyone of Outkast

Come at me

Ehhh Raekwon is on the album. Terrible comparison regardless of you being completely wrong.

Cudder

Come at me

he only did that cuz he had an album coming out doe.

Recon

Banned
I find it hilarious that complaints against MBDTF are dismissed as just people wanted old Ye back. Yeah, CD/LR were fantastic. I just want good music, not MBDTF. Hot trash.

Jitters

I like most of ye's work 808 is meh and MBDTF is hot trash

Like cruel summer and WTT

Nothing about MBDTF should remind anyone of Outkast
I'm saying in the way it brought many different styles to hip-hop. Much like Outkast does.

I'd say I liked WTT about as much as CS. Neither of them are exactly the best albums nor do I think they will be remembered ,but they are enjoyable for what they are. Not terrible by any means.

Two people saying MBDTF was "hot trash"........Unbelievable.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm saying in the way it brought many different styles to hip-hop. Much like Outkast does.

I'd say I liked WTT about as much as CS. Neither of them are exactly the best albums nor do I think they will be remembered ,but they are enjoyable for what they are. Not terrible by any means.
It really didn't bring anything

You couldn't tell what was coming from where on MBDTF

It was a mess

Nothing like how smooth Outkast was

That's because it hot trash hot tinny sounding trash

Jitters

It really didn't bring anything

You couldn't tell what was coming from where on MBDTF

It was a mess

Nothing like how smooth Outkast was

That's because it hot trash hot tinny sounding trash
Its extravagant and overflowing with sounds ,but to me that is what builds the album's grandiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom