• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well we agree on number 1. Interesting you have Graduation over MBDTF, though Im not sure if its because you think DF is terrible or if you think Graduation is that great.

I think its pretty amazing that so many people are divided when ranking Kanye's albums.

Edit: meant for blackace

Being a DJ I don't mind poppy tunes Grad has that covered

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
For me MBDTF just sounded like something I've never heard before. Managed to have grandiose next level production, ushered in the new Kanye sound, and still was super personal.
Basically was none of that

I like what he been doing lately tho

HiiiLife

Okay we discussed ad-libs now onto another matter. Which DJ tags(?) are most annoying on mixtapes?

My opinion.

"THE CANNONNNNNN!!!!"

"th-th-the cannon"

CRS

Jadakiss' or Xzibit's laugh?
Okay we discussed ad-libs now onto another matter. Which DJ tags(?) are most annoying on mixtapes?

My opinion.

"THE CANNONNNNNN!!!!"

"th-th-the cannon"

DJ Clue takes that shit. Every day.

DJ CLUE-UE-UE-UE-UE

NEW SHIT! NEW SHIT! NEW SHIT! NEW SHIT! NEW SHIT!

2004! 2004! 2004! 2004!

IrishNinja

who has the dumber ad lib in hip hop, wiz or smoke dza's riiiiiiiiiiiiight

MBDTF is a classic.

you livin fantasies ninja, i reject your deposit

Ross is dope to me

Don't like his flow? Ok

yeah, i dont hate, i just dont enjoy it. its just kinda there for me

But his voice? Like Barry White started trap rapping

Also would kill for a mostly Mannie produced Ross Juvie project

can't co-sign the barry analogy but i would fuck with a mannie produced project, yeah

hahaha yeah
you know what was worse? whoever the fuck used to edit in dogs barking
i swear to fuck i had that bootleg stillmatic for years before i realized there's no doggies in one mic

never really dug PREMIER PREMIER PRUHPRUHPRUHPRUH PREMIER either

i loved the shit out of Green Lantern's superfriends riff though, made me wanna be DJ Nick Fury and use a hasslehoff sound byte

HiiiLife

hahaha yeah
you know what was worse? whoever the fuck used to edit in dogs barking
i swear to fuck i had that bootleg stillmatic for years before i realized there's no doggies in one mic

never really dug PREMIER PREMIER PRUHPRUHPRUHPRUH PREMIER either

i loved the shit out of Green Lantern's superfriends riff though, made me wanna be DJ Nick Fury and use a hasslehoff sound byte

You can't forget "YOUR WIFEYS FAVORITE DJ!!!!!!! DJ ILL WILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!"

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
For me MBDTF just sounded like something I've never heard before. Managed to have grandiose next level production, ushered in the new Kanye sound, and still was super personal.

yes sir, I'm not sure whats going on with everyone else.

but then he ruined it all that with wtt

IrishNinja

Just realized most of you are a bunch of miserable sad sacks of shit.

ha-dooooo-ken

yes sir. I'm not sure whats going on with everyone else.

but then he ruined it all that with wtt

a overproduced, non-cohesive album isnt saved by simply having big ambition though - you cant say you wanna make the "thriller" of hip-hop and just throw shit at the wall until it looks like this esoteric mess and hope some pitchfork review years from now goes back & spends 8 pages talking about subterfuge & hidden genius and shit

WTT was at least enjoyable, curious to see what you think about cruel summer then though

HiiiLife

AND THEN.. These DJs have the audacity to put the whole

"DOWNLOAD DIS TRACK AT DOUBLE-U-DOUBLE-U-DOUBLE-U-DOT-YOUR-AUDIO-FIX-DOT-COM"

3/4 of the way through the song. Just drowning out the lyrics. Lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't have the energy to defend MBDTF anymore on GAF. We've been over this 17 times. Same disagreements every time.

I agree with all of peterb0y's views outside of it being influential.

On topic: YAOWA!
Is definitely one of the worst.

IrishNinja

Cry more, trick.

yo i can send you a hug through these nets, recons
but i can't save you

AND THEN.. These DJs have the audacity to put the whole

"DOWNLOAD DIS TRACK AT DOUBLE-U-DOUBLE-U-DOUBLE-U-DOT-YOUR-AUDIO-FIX-DOT-COM"

3/4 of the way through the song. Just drowning out the lyrics. Lol.

man those are the fastest deletes ever, i just hated the P2P days when you'd go on kazaa or whatever the fuck and see only 4 dudes had that track and they're all labeled the same way...FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
maybach music is the worst fucking adlib for two reasons. First they aren't even pronouncing the goddamn name correctly, second Ross named his company after a car company that no longer exists because it was making overpriced and poorly designed cars that nobody but a handful of dumb fucking rappers bought.

noone these days are doing great adlibs. best adlibs ever are still sslp and mmlp eminem. Too bad he stopped doing them in favor of being a whiney child instead.

cacophony

cmon we all know what the best ad-lib is

tumblr_m27o5v1tJH1r3jsyuo1_500.gif

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
ha-dooooo-ken

WTT was at least enjoyable, curious to see what you think about cruel summer then though

cruel summer was huge let down imo but it wasn't a kanye album.

the only tracks I mess with on CS are
clique, mercy, new god flow and sometimes I don't like (love the actual music but everyone aside from jadakiss had a lame verse )

again wtt only had a few good songs imo as well.

HiiiLife

Definitely agree with the Young Jeezy mentions.

"Akon and Young Jeeeeeezay"

"Eyyyyyy"

"Tryna take it eaaaasssy"

"EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

JohnDoe

Banned
MBDTF was hit or hit or miss. Mostly miss. Power is one of my favorite Hip Hop songs though!
WTT is kinda enjoyable, especially Murder To Excellence and N****s In Paris are great tracks.
Cruel Summer... well let's say New God Flow, Clique and Mercy were good, the rest of the album is fucking awful.
Idk, I prefer his stuff before MBDTF because as a whole, those albums felt more on point.

PBY

Banned
Don't look now but TPain dropped a mixtape today thats in contention for the "Fastest to Recycle Bin" tape of the year.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Don't look now but TPain dropped a mixtape today thats in contention for the "Fastest to Recycle Bin" tape of the year.

Finally, the rest of the world is catching up to me on figuring out T-Pain is hot garbage. Took y'all a minute, but that's okay. I forgive you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom