• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all trippin on this page. Kendrick can be hit/miss but overall he's dope. The west coast been goofy and out of date for years when it comes to non left brain shit; the underground shit has never fallen off. But low riders and piano n string beats are outdated. Thank god for Kendrick or else the west would be stuck in 2003

Game, Bishop Lamont, Glasses Malone, Crooked I...all these dudes are corny as hell trying to recreate another era

Thx for remnding us of when the last great hits came from the west...:(

Macca

the new west owes everything to 3 men: Kendrick Lamar, Lil B, and Tyler the Creator. Everyone else like PD said is trying to relive glory days and sounds that nobody particularly cares for, or is just largely irrelevant or directionless
and one woman: kreayshawn.

Esch

Banned
I want to throw up on Eschaton. That's how I feel. I want to throw up my emotions on his nice kicks. A lot of feels.

That's okay. It might be best for you to purge whatever's in your system that might be causing that hate breh. I don't hate you. I'm emotionless. I am somewhat nonplussed at your lack of ability to see the truth as i have in my meditations and treatises. Kendrick's name is in the stars. It was written.

Tokubetsu

That's okay. It might be best for you to purge whatever's in your system that might be causing that hate breh. I don't hate you. I'm emotionless. I am somewhat nonplussed at your lack of ability to see the truth as i have in my meditations and treatises. Kendrick's name is in the stars. It was written.

I'll meditate on it today. Obviously I must go further inward.

Esch

Banned
these ninjas contemplatin they navels too much

need to spend more time cuttin headz nahmean

"Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I have come to the conclusion that I like Bishop Lamont more than Kendrick..

Y'all trippin on this page. Kendrick can be hit/miss but overall he's dope. The west coast been goofy and out of date for years when it comes to non left brain shit; the underground shit has never fallen off. But low riders and piano n string beats are outdated. Thank god for Kendrick or else the west would be stuck in 2003

Game, Bishop Lamont, Glasses Malone, Crooked I...all these dudes are corny as hell trying to recreate another era

i don't know, man. bishop lamont had some potential. a debut album from him completely produced by dr. dre could have been interesting. both 'hallelujah' and 'grow up' were dope. and apparently the version of 'grow up' that was released was not finished. i believe dre intended for the hook (which was the weakest part of that song) to be much different.

i will agree that game is directionless and crooked i has always been boring. i haven't heard a whole lot of glasses malone, but he has a dope voice, can spit, and seems to be a decent writer or at least was years back when he first started bubbling.

as far as kendrick goes, i really liked 'hiiipower' and 'ronald reagan era' was cool. nothing else on section.80 did it for me though. it doesn't even feel like a hip hop album to me. it's almost like it's trying to be arty and abstract (at least sonically), but at the expense of being enjoyable. just my two cents.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Bishop Lamont circa 2007/08 > all of TDE put together.
He had the right ear for beats, a good distinctive voice and delivery, lots of good connections that meant top notch guest spots, and for a short while the attention of Dre.
The music he was putting out in that era was some of the best west coast hip hop of the 2000's.
And then Dre's ADD kicked in and he found some other shiny thing to play with.

Blackace

He had the right ear for beats, a good distinctive voice and delivery, lots of good connections that meant top notch guest spots, and for a short while the attention of Dre.
The music he was putting out in that era was some of the best west coast hip hop of the 2000's.

Bishop's flow is kind of poor man's Em too..would have been golden

siddx

Its just sad to me. He wanted to be 50 or eminem as far as Dre involvement but that wasn't going to happen. He could have gotten Xzibit level involvement in the form of 2 or 3 beats and gotten his name out, sold a million based on a 50 cent or em guest verse, and then gotten Dre's confidence in him up enough to get more involved on the next album. So many of these rappers sign to Aftermath expecting an album of Dre beats and then wonder why they never drop an album. Dre can't even summon the confidence in his own songs to release an album, he damn sure isn't going to let someone else without a proven track record fuck with too many of his beats.
If the edition of Detox he was heavily involved with had actually dropped, we might have seen Bishop get that debut out and get big.

if his fat ass would just do something productive...

I've seen badu like 5 times in the last year and a half. He can't do just 1/5 of what his baby mama's been doing?

Common is the only one to escape her curse. Andre couldn't and I'm not getting my hopes up for a decent DOC comeback.

Still love Badu.

siddx

Oh and thanks 36 and peterboy for the compliments on the track. I think i'm gonna start doing more little one verse songs like that. I have so many beats that I never finished and dont have access to the masters anymore so I can't finish them, and it's good practice just writing that one verse and working on delivery and flow and yada yada.

Blackace

Point taken. Musically speaking he hasn't fallen off as badly as the others, though (of course, what happened to DOC was a fucking tragedy).

DOC created some of the greatest albums in hip-hop after his accident..

Detox

DOC created some of the greatest albums in hip-hop after his accident..

Then in 2004 Badu gave birth to his child. Also about the same time Dre started pumping weights. Puma (3stacks), Seven (DOC) and Mars (Jay Elec) are going to make a hell of a group.

@Glass Rebel: He worked on everything under Aftermath: 2001, Em's stuff, The Documenatary, GRODT etc.

Blackace

As a driving force behind NWA? Without a doubt.

As a solo artist? Naw.

As the driving force behind The Chronic and Doggystyle, son..

Also No One Can Do It Better is one of my top ten albums of forever..

Blackace

@Glass Rebel: He worked on everything under Aftermath: 2001, Em's stuff, The Documenatary, GRODT etc.

go back and listen to the Chronic.. 20 sack pyramid to be exact.. That's DOC

I thought that was before his accident/Badu? Fantastic album.

Edit: I had no idea he worked on ems stuff. Only knew about NWA, Chronic and Doggystyle. I take everything back :bow:

Edit2: depending on what happened post-Badu my point still stands.

Detox

Personally I see it as if Dre is involved with anything then chances are DOC is also giving some sort of input. It's also why I'm excited to hear Jay Rock's debut under aftermath just because the label has so much experience in gangster rap and they haven't flexed their muscles in a long time.

Blackace

Personally I see it as if Dre is involved with anything then chances are DOC is also giving some sort of input. It's also why I'm excited to hear Jay Rock's debut under aftermath just because the label has so much experience in gangster rap and they haven't flexed their muscles in a long time.

DOC most likely isn't writing for Jay Rock tho..

Blackace

Isn't Kendrick the only one under aftermath ? Aren't the rest interscope?

Yeah but if say Dre wants them all of a sudden it's really easy to get them..

Ask just like Kinght got Ice

Blackace

True, but Dre has a hard time giving a fuck about his own artists, let alone anyone else.

I assume if they start to sell, suddenly Dre will be giving a "Hell yeah"

Also there are only four artist signed to Aftermath..

Recon

Banned
I assume if they start to sell, suddenly Dre will be giving a "Hell yeah"

Also there are only four artist signed to Aftermath..

Yeah, I just don't see them selling all that much. Jay could be pretty good with a really focused Dre behind him though.

Yeah, I just don't see them selling all that much. Jay could be pretty good with a really focused Dre behind him though.

Jay Rock & Dr. Dre, man that'd be great.

I've given up on getting music from Dre anymore though. He spends too much time working out & selling headphones nowadays.

siddx

Shit I'd have a hard time finding the passion to make music if I was making god mode money off my headphones. I mean it's not like he's whoopi fiasco threatening to quit after barely being in the rap game. Dre's had 30 years in this industry, he's made his hits, influenced the entire scene, and will always be remembered. If he wants to focus on his cash cow, I can't really blame him.
It makes me sad...but I can't blame him.

Blackace

One thing I don't understand is that Aftermath has more producers than rappers.. Dre should just unleash them on the West

HiResDes

I like you, but you're delusional.

Blackace

Is there any? I mean Sure there maybe stuff from the early 2000. But I honestly think he just gave up.

Maybe if dre gave a damn he would

lol he has made the album 4 times now.. Everyone near him has said it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom