• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all trippin on this page. Kendrick can be hit/miss but overall he's dope. The west coast been goofy and out of date for years when it comes to non left brain shit; the underground shit has never fallen off. But low riders and piano n string beats are outdated. Thank god for Kendrick or else the west would be stuck in 2003

Game, Bishop Lamont, Glasses Malone, Crooked I...all these dudes are corny as hell trying to recreate another era

Blu was here before Kendrick though and still reigns supreme, even if he's lowkey these days. Those stealth albums he drops are dope as fuck.

Detox

It's a catch-22 situation where his legendary status as a producer helped sell the brand (Beats) but now he is afraid to hurt the brand by releasing more music. Someone whose entire life revolved around music won't just pack up his bags and stop making it. Then again Quik mentioned you have to be amazing to get Dre out of the gym. Another thing Quik mentioned was Dre incorporated a lot of classical music and theory into the new beats which would be very interesting to hear much more so than the small loops that Hit-Boy seems to use.

Esch

Banned
Blu was here before Kendrick though and still reigns supreme, even if he's lowkey these days. Those stealth albums he drops are dope as fuck.
over what? the over hyped and irrelevant trash heap? blu has no career . the average net worth of gafhop is probably bigger

HiResDes

I'd rather listen to Skeme than Lamont. I just don't get it. I feel like if you wanna hear the "old west" so bad go back and listen to the old records rather than feeling like new west-coast artists should stick to that rather narrow lane. The West-Coast has some some of the best chill/weed rappers and now has TDE, which is an amalgam of just about every rap lane. Shit, Strong Arm Steady's Arm & Hammers is much doper than anything Lamont ever touched.

over what? the over hyped and irrelevant trash heap? blu has no career . the average net worth of gafhop is probably bigger

I'm not even sure what this post is, lol. So isn't Kendrick reigning supreme over this "over hyped and irrelevant trash heap"?

Dude's financials are irrelevant to me. Since when did that even come into play?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'd rather listen to Skeme than Lamont. I just don't get it. I feel like if you wanna hear the "old west" so bad go back and listen to the old records rather than feeling like new west-coast artists should stick to that rather narrow lane. The West-Coast has some some of the best chill/weed rappers and now has TDE, which is an amalgam of just about every rap lane. Shit, Strong Arm Steady's Arm & Hammers is much doper than anything Lamont ever touched.

Lamont sounds nothing like the old west, but keep reaching on that...

The west has the best weed so makes sense..

Esch

Banned
nope. Kendrick is on a real label, getting cosigns and features from legends of the past and commercially relevant artists, and blu is still too much of a hack to even master an album before he sells it to the fan base. he essentially amounts to garbage

laziness and squandered talent 101!

Recon

Banned
Wait, esch is saying Blu is shit? Dude has one of the most impressive discographies around. Most rappers would kill to have an album as good as Below the heavens/ her favorite colour/give me flowers. Is he a mainstream star? No, but he is undeniably dope.

My head hurts from the amount of pure stupidity in this thread...

Blackace

Wait, esch is saying Blu is shit? Dude has one of the most impressive discographies around. Most rappers would kill to have an album as good as Below the heavens/ her favorite colour/give me flowers. Is he a mainstream star? No, but he is undeniably dope.

lol melting down over Blu?

Macca

Given up on Lupe already?

I have come to the conclusion that I like Bishop Lamont more than Kendrick..
Not surprising. You love that old era and find joy in listening to dudes basically do cover songs of that era. Game, Lamont...same shit

Even the east coast has moved away from James Brown samples and soul loops. What's y'all's excuse?

Blackace

Not surprising. You love that old era and find joy in listening to dudes basically do cover songs of that era. Game, Lamont...same shit

Even the east coast has moved away from James Brown samples and soul loops. What's y'all's excuse?

Do I? Really.. I like Game? Outside of the Documentary when have I said I liked the Game?

But try to make K-Dot into savior by down playing different opinions..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Some of us want our westcoast rap to actually sound like westcoast rap. If rappers on the east coast started imitating another region's style you east coast fans would be bitching about it too. Just like you all did when new york rappers starting jacking southern rap.

Blu doesn't even a single good album, let alone a classic.

Detox

BTH is not a classic. I only listened to it fully recently maybe 6 months ago and it just didn't capture me at all. I would call it good but it didn't do anything for me beyond that.

Blackace

2011 was filled with a bunch of great releases. But it makes sense that you include a low rate west coast album over those.

Some decent releases but nothing truly great.. But it keep trying to twist into something it's not.

I love it

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Section 80 didn't do much for me... Hence the start of I like old school west coast only and Kendrick is the savior of all hip hop
Oh OK.
Also undun didn't do anything as well? I liked it. But didn't love it.

Edit.
Forgot about WTT. I dunno man. 2011 seemed like a strong year to me. I dunno WTT was kinda trash IMO.

Also did anyone listen to cats and dogs. I was for gonna check it out. But forgot about it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Undun was a typical roots album, nothing to hate, but nothing to love either. Got about a week of play.

BTH is just boring. I put that shit on when I need to get an early nights sleep.

Recon

Banned
Below The Heavens is a classic. Just because you are a retarded child doesnt mean it isnt.

Also, 2011 included: Take Care,Return of 4eva, Oneirology. Those 3 completely shit on RED from a high place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom