• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

If by "a lot of people" you mean the hoards of tween girls who buy records like Drake makes then yeah, you have a point.

Many teen girls bought Beatles albums also and they are considered one of the greats of pop, a lot of teen girls bought Elvis albums and he is one of the legends of rock. A lot of teen girls bought Jimmy Hendrix albums and he is a legend also. Your point? Just becuase somebody is popular does not make them instantly irrelevant.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I agree with Recon on that, Take Care is a very personal album that happen to be fantastic whether you want to admit it or not, Drake is a great artist that just happens to appeal to a lot of people. Game on the other hand after Documentary fell off and started making the same shit over and over.

no one over 25 not wearing tight jeans is bumping Drake

what's the culture like out there?
seems so different from the east who will proclaim ANYBODY to be the new hope cause they're that salty the south is runnin shit.
honestly though it kinda feels like the west doesnt matter these days. yall are out there doing your own shit.

Yup, whole west coast is a bit like Houston in a way. Dudes make enough money just being underground in one state and are satisfied with it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Many teen girls bought Beatles albums also and they are considered one of the greats of pop, a lot of teen girls bought Elvis albums and he is one of the legends of rock. A lot of teen girls bought Jimmy Hendrix albums and he is a legend also. Your point? Just becuase somebody is popular does not make them instantly irrelevant.

Oh wait. You're serious. Sigh.

No shit taste is subjective, everybody knows pop sells, nobody claims sales equals quality. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Drake still sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha talks Ghostface saving New God Flow.

Footage of the Ross/Jeezy scuffle amongs other Gunplay drama paraphernalia.

Lamborghini Angels, Audobon Ballroom are on that list too.
I don't see what y'all see in Lamborghini Angels, but Audobon Ballroom is definitely dope as fuck.

EDIT: Also, earlier today. Don't care if it was posted already or not:

Scott Mescudi
@ducidni
@NoKeysMusic there will be rata tat jams on the album!!! i got u G

1118013_o.gif
1118013_o.gif
1118013_o.gif

I despise Drake outside of Take Care, which I consider one of the best albums of last year. I think I put it in my top 20ish or so. That album has great atmosphere.

That Meek Mill cover is really good but agh why did it have to be Meek Mill :(

So uh...

Who wants to try that new Jaden Smith y'all

It's not that bad.

for a kid who hasn't done anything in his life at all.. the production, and his flow were created like a good drug.

almost out of the blue.

EDIT: Take Care has great atmosphere.. it shows his life in where it is.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yup, whole west coast is a bit like Houston in a way. Dudes make enough money just being underground in one state and are satisfied with it.

Not really

Just like H-town they want shine and respect

There are no west coast labels/studios right now and it's hurting them badly

Blackace

Oh wait. You're serious. Sigh.

No shit taste is subjective, everybody knows pop sells, nobody claims sales equals quality. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Drake still sucks.

Being able to sell big in the Internet age is impressive

Not a huge fan but the guy earned my DJ respect because he knows how to make songs that touches many demographics

WanderingWind

Being able to sell big in the Internet age is impressive

Not a huge fan but the guy earned my DJ respect because he knows how to make songs that touches many demographics

Right. Young women. I am not a young woman. I am, in fact, a crusty oldish dude. Just like young people are predisposed to like crap (we all did) at certain ages, I am predisposed to dislike the crap they like.

It's the circle of life man. And it moves us all.

cacophony

It's funny you guys are talking about Take Care, I hate Drake but I've been listening to it the past few days mainly because of T-Minus production

Blackace

Right. Young women. I am not a young woman. I am, in fact, a crusty oldish dude. Just like young people are predisposed to like crap (we all did) at certain ages, I am predisposed to dislike the crap they like.

It's the circle of life man. And it moves us all.
Where is this young women thing coming from?

From a spinning standpoint men request and sing Drake songs way more

It's cool not to like him or whatever but dismissing his sales as poppy shit sells is shortsighted

Not really

Just like H-town they want shine and respect

There are no west coast labels/studios right now and it's hurting them badly

Yeah really, I believe all rappers would love the shine and sell millions, but I'm just saying a lot are satisfied with their underground state because they rather be underground than having to deal with labels.

Blackace

Yeah really, I believe all rappers would love the shine and sell millions, but I'm just saying a lot are satisfied with their underground state because they rather be underground than having to deal with labels.
There aren't any labels to go to

WanderingWind

Where is this young women thing coming from?

From a spinning standpoint men request and sing Drake songs way more

It's cool not to like him or whatever but dismissing his sales as poppy shit sells is shortsighted

Well, I mean, he is pop. Is that really debatable? It's just his genre. And how can anybody argue that he makes songs for and about the ladies? That's his entire schtick...

And you know the dudes are requesting that shit to show their lady friends how sensitive they are and whatnot. This is like, science.

Blackace

Well, I mean, he is pop. Is that really debatable? It's just his genre. And how can anybody argue that he makes songs for and about the ladies? That's his entire schtick...

And you know the dudes are requesting that shit to show their lady friends how sensitive they are and whatnot. This is like, science.
Never said he wasn't poppy

And his schtick is being rich but troubled

DominoKid

lol this argument is so played and wrong.

WanderingWind

Never said he wasn't poppy

And his schtick is being rich but troubled

Troubled because....

...some woman doesn't love him, but he totally still has feels for her, but if you (sexy lady with a doctorate and street smarts) play your cards right, you can nurse him back to health. Like a baby dove with a broken wing.

I dont enjoy Drakes music. Its as simple as that. People talking the "cool" to not like him angle are wrong.

You could go as far to include Jay,Em shit even Kanye in that group of being so big that its cool not to like them.

I like all three. But Drake? Nah.

Wheres Siddx at when you need him?? Homie wilds out going at Drake.

Also, Men dont wear skinny jeans. Nothing to do with being fat/skinny its to do with being Male/female.

CRS

Dude's request it because they want to be the one singing the song and girls request it because they want to be sung to.

Grakl

Hey.

Pick a coast to rep East
Favourite Artist MF DOOM right now.
Best feature killer No idea.
Favourite album Liquid Swords
What's in your playlist? Anything MF DOOM (esp. Keys to the Kuffs), Curren$y (Muscle Car Chronicles), Attractive Sin, other random stuff like Kid Koala

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1. He never said he saved anything. He just said Ghost's verses were amazing like we all knew
2. Saved it from what? The song was already nice even without Ghost. He just took it to another level
He saved it from having that stupid ass sing along shit at the end of it. Would have ruined replays forever, I know I was avoiding the song because of that end bit for a while, now I don't have to.

neptunes

I dont enjoy Drakes music. Its as simple as that. People talking the "cool" to not like him angle are wrong.

You could go as far to include Jay,Em shit even Kanye in that group of being so big that its cool not to like them.

I like all three. But Drake? Nah.

Wheres Siddx at when you need him?? Homie wilds out going at Drake.

Also, Men dont wear skinny jeans. Nothing to do with being fat/skinny its to do with being Male/female.
It's one thing to say skinny jeans aren't for you, but to say skinny jeans aren't for men? come on.

Blackace

Dude's request it because they want to be the one singing the song and girls request it because they want to be sung to.
Headliners on one we in this and so on are usually sung by groups of dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom