• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm me and you seem to have the same taste. You like Undisputed,you like the beat and shorts verse.

Yeah its called good taste lol

50's last three mixtapes were all banging to me. Especially The Big 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXm5qwprjbk

Jesus let the weak roam with earth without a purpose / but I'll stomp you're fucking head til it's under the surface

Sounds like vintage Fif to me.

Ive always liked fif. The recent mixtapes are really him back on form. His album will have some guaranteed bangers. Every album he drops has at least few. Some of his best songs are found on his countless mixtapes

RZA interview, Says if Man With The Iron Fists is a success he may hang up the mic. Looks at the film as "Enter the 36 Chambers" of his directing career.

coldvein

Banned
That song title only has one first date in my heart

iZzhPZ7CFAgjh.gif

fuck yeah

Esch

Banned
iron fist is just gonna be an amalgamation of Shaw brothers shit with some fresh paint on. I'll go see it for the soundtrack but largely expect a derivative movie with some special effects

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
iron fist is just gonna be an amalgamation of Shaw brothers shit with some fresh paint on. I'll go see it for the soundtrack but largely expect a derivative movie with some special effects

I'm disappointed they didn't do it more in the grounded in realism, superbly choreographed vein. Of course I expected some wuxia, but the level they've gone to is beyond my taste range.

Expect something just above the level of Sukiyaki Western Django.

Esch

Banned
I'm disappointed they didn't do it more in the grounded in realism, superbly choreographed vein. Of course I expected some wuxia, but the level they've gone to is beyond my taste range.

Expect something just above the level of Sukiyaki Western Django.

Thats more to my preference as well; i dont really like that Legendary Weapons of China mystical ducktales shit

11 Great Rappers Who Never Had A Classic Album
at Complex
(fuck their multiple-clicking bullshit)

Busta Rhymes
Fabolous
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Lloyd Banks
Canibus
Juelz Santana
Ras Kass
Big L
Nicki Minaj
Royce Da 5'9"

As much as they're stretching the "great" classification with some of these choices, and though Big L is slightly below the belt, I gotta say they're mostly right.
Anybody think anyone is unfairly included?
Who would you add?

iron fist is just gonna be an amalgamation of Shaw brothers shit with some fresh paint on.

You expected more?

Tokubetsu

at Complex

Busta Rhymes
Fabolous
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Lloyd Banks
Canibus
Juelz Santana
Ras Kass
Big L
Nicki Minaj
Royce Da 5'9"

As much as they're stretching the "great" classification with some of these choices, and though Big L is slightly below the belt, I gotta say they're mostly right.
Who would you add?

You expected more?

They're about right. Though for a LOT of those artists listed, if you cherrypicked tracks from most of their released and made a playlist you'd have a classic album. Especially dudes like Luda and Busta who usually give us half amazing, half lame albums. If you pruned Luda's first 3-4 albums down to twenty tracks you'd have something fierce.

Detox

I'm tempted to say Busta's The Big Bang is a classic or close to being one. It's grown a lot on me with subsequent listens.

To me Lloyd Banks first shit is classic. Loved that album.

I agree on picking out of Luda and Busta to make a classic.

That Big L inclusion is pretty salty

Also the king of the Wu Tang should be on there, Golden Arms. U-GOD!!!

For real though, Deck belongs on that list.

at Complex

Busta Rhymes
Fabolous
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Lloyd Banks
Canibus
Juelz Santana
Ras Kass
Big L
Nicki Minaj
Royce Da 5'9"

Who would you add?

You expected more?

GTFO

They're about right. Though for a LOT of those artists listed, if you cherrypicked tracks from most of their released and made a playlist you'd have a classic album. Especially dudes like Luda and Busta who usually give us half amazing, half lame albums. If you pruned Luda's first 3-4 albums down to twenty tracks you'd have something fierce.
I agree on Luda..he should just make a greatest hits album now
May bad on double post. Posting from my phone

Tokubetsu

Just to be clear, I don't want to make it sound like I'm really down on a lot of Luda's albums. I like most of them. Hell back in 2006 I had "War With God" on repeat for about eight months straight.

Luda's highs are high as hell, while his lows are kinda middling and forgettable. I don't think he's ever made a song that straight out offended me. You usually just forget about them ass soon as they finish playing. This is a good thing though. Shows just how talented he is as a song writer.

Also, I really liked Theater of The Mind.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Luda's inability to make an album that isn't half filled with boring filler is aggravating. I'm a big Luda fan, I think he is one of the most entertaining rappers to ever do it. His voice, flow, and delivery can turn the corniest lyrics into something enjoyable. But god I fucking hate his albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom