• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had I good run. Don't get me wrong I love the RZA

I might have to side with the junior to a degree. RZA is probably the best hip hop producer and his run can't be touched...but he fell off long ago. He's just in a different place mentally, I'm not sure he can produce anything by himself these days. Sure he gave Kanye some dope shit but that's about it. I have no faith in him...

btw he recently did a great interview on the Combat Jack Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hOHn3uAis3s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfp18UdIvM&feature=plcp

btw if you aren't listening to the Combat Jack Show religiously you're doing it wrong

IrishNinja

ya'll heard soul creator's "desire"? been bumpin that track

also why am i just findin out bout this combat jack show, damn

i can see that, his heart aint been in it for a while - assuming he means he'll still produce though

Whether or not it is I am not sure if I'll miss im.

EYBqm.gif

iron fist is just gonna be an amalgamation of Shaw brothers shit with some fresh paint on. I'll go see it for the soundtrack but largely expect a derivative movie with some special effects

you say it like that's a bad thing tho

Cudder

Listened to Habits and Contradictions in full for the first time since it came out and it is boring as fuck save for like 4 or 5 tracks. I was blinded by the awesomeness that was There He Go and Sacrilegious. Definitely won't be in my top 5 this year lol.

IrishNinja

damn, i forgot, i knew combat jack's shit from byron crawford. good interviews.

GAF-hop: which artists are you just kinda done with?

-Talib Kweli: love blackstar, love reflection eternal, like the crap out of quality, barely gave a shit about everything after that. just kinda tired of his style/content, he bores me without mos (who is about 1 bad album from making that list, and it kills me cause he has so much more charisma/potential), and i just aint about hearing him on about how deep it is when wayne says real g's move in silence like lasagna either, fair early points notwithstanding

-Joey Buddens: i think the fetus thing was the nail in the coffin, but...i mean i used to check for his first album and mood muzik 2 and shit, but then i fucked around on sohh or some shit and saw what his fanbase was actually like....damn. sometime after that he was salty about XXL's list putting him below meth/etc and his content got samey too, now i just coudln't give a fuck. ain't tryin to hear 4 dudes on rappity rap shit for 6 minutes either, i mean ive seen videos where he talks a bit about the industry and i think it's obvious he's been around the block but his content ranges from emo to im the best etc

im sure there's others. im talmbout artists who you'll sleep on unless you see like half a page of gaf-hop saying they just put out a classic or whatever...some friends of mine are kinda in this state with cannibus (finally), haha. these aren't artists you hate/dislike, just ones you were into years back and can't really fuck with now.

IrishNinja

i can see that. em's last stuff (especially bad meets evil 2) is good, i just cant really get into it, and its not his fault, i think...relapse was bad but after that was solid, just not checkin for it anymore.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
11 Great Rappers Who Never Had A Classic Album
at Complex
(fuck their multiple-clicking bullshit)

Busta Rhymes
Fabolous
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Lloyd Banks
Canibus
Juelz Santana
Ras Kass
Big L
Nicki Minaj
Royce Da 5'9"

As much as they're stretching the "great" classification with some of these choices, and though Big L is slightly below the belt, I gotta say they're mostly right.
Anybody think anyone is unfairly included?
Who would you add?

You expected more?

Busta = pick The Coming or When Disaster Strikes or Extinction Level Event, or all of them

Ras Kass = Soul on Ice

and putting Big L on there is some straight bullshit. The writer should be embarrassed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is that Jay-Z EP new material or just live versions?

Also, I don't think Busta has any classics. He's definitely got GREAT albums (Extinction Level Event, Big Bang), but not any classics per ce. Pretty fucking stupid list altogether, seems like there's a very broad definition of great they have there.

Two new Xzibit records off of his album. Enjoy The Night ft. David Banner, Wiz Khalifa and Brevi and Forever A G ft. Wiz Khalifa.

Mike Knox talks some mad hypocritical ignorance over the Gunplay incident.

coldvein

Banned

a bunch, but the hardest ones are probably sage francis and atmosphere. dudes changed my life and their influence on me will last forever, i just dont really enjoy going back to their music anymore. except the nonprophets album HOPE which still destroys.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That fucking minaaj picture is making me legit angry. Her fucking face is screaming "throw a brick at me"

11 Great Rappers Who Never Had A Classic Album
at Complex
(fuck their multiple-clicking bullshit)

Busta Rhymes
Fabolous
Ludacris
Jadakiss
Lloyd Banks
Canibus
Juelz Santana
Ras Kass
Big L
Nicki Minaj
Royce Da 5'9"

As much as they're stretching the "great" classification with some of these choices, and though Big L is slightly below the belt, I gotta say they're mostly right.
Anybody think anyone is unfairly included?
Who would you add?

You expected more?
Big L?? Lifestyles is a classic
bigllifestyles.jpg

HiiiLife

The Game.

Actually damn near all of G Unit.

Fabolous.

Ludacris.

T.I.

Kanye.. Kinda.

Out of the artists I've listed, I hear Fab drops dope mixtapes. But I haven't listened to him since From Nothin To Somethin.

Can't see myself ever getting tired of Outkast. iStan.

Tokubetsu

Listened to Habits and Contradictions in full for the first time since it came out and it is boring as fuck save for like 4 or 5 tracks. I was blinded by the awesomeness that was There He Go and Sacrilegious. Definitely won't be in my top 5 this year lol.

But a 12 minute song from Kendrick will be. We know.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Luda's inability to make an album that isn't half filled with boring filler is aggravating. I'm a big Luda fan, I think he is one of the most entertaining rappers to ever do it. His voice, flow, and delivery can turn the corniest lyrics into something enjoyable. But god I fucking hate his albums.

I liked chicken and beer alot

siddx

Nobody, everyone can get back in my good graces with the right track.

The only ones I'm not fucking with are artists I never fucked with to begin with.
Nicki, Big Sean, French Montana and other garbage like that.

Actually I guess one artist that would fit the original description is Wiz. Back in the mid to late 2000's when he first popped up I thought he was interesting. A little too much of a braggart for his own good, but he had some interesting production and was making some good tracks. I even played the fuck out of black and yellow. But then he decided to roll up...

But a 12 minute song from Kendrick will be. We know.

Wait, there's gonna be a 12 minute long song on that new Kendrick album? OH GOD /bigsean

Hell, Cartoons and Cereal is one of my favorite tracks of the year but even that shit was like 2 minutes too long.

as for Whiz I'm seeing him live next month but that's only because Juicy J is coming and I love that dude. I'll listen to the new album if there's some Harry Fraud beats on it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

GAME.

The name dropping thing kinda got me after all these years. Has he even got a record that he doesn't name drop on within the first 30 seconds of the track.

Jheezus

ya'll heard soul creator's "desire"? been bumpin that track

that shit's dope! I'm slightly biased though.

hmm...probably Common and Andre 3K. I was on Stan levels with them in the late 90's, early 2000's. Buying releases Day 1, checking for every verse they put out, etc...but nowadays I'm just like "meh" on both of them. Like you said, they're not necessarily terrible or anything now, but I ain't really checking for them like before.

Hell, I'll add both Kweli and Mos Def (fuck a Yasiin Bey) as well actually, for similar reasons.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
hmm...probably Common and Andre 3K. I was on Stan levels with them in the late 90's, early 2000's. Buying releases Day 1, checking for every verse they put out, etc...but nowadays I'm just like "meh" on both of them. Like you said, they're not necessarily terrible or anything now, but I ain't really checking for them like before.

damn, sad but true for me as well. The quality and heart just isn't there anymore.

couldn't pay me to watch

I really hope thats sarcasm. Jigga is top 3, no hip hop head can deny that. Also the guy is a fantastic entertainer. Seen him few years back on my 18th birthday and it was amazing,

Went to Watch the Throne and he hasnt lost it.

gotta go with Pete Rock myself. and I find amusing 36 chambers has only been a member like 4 months longer

No. Your a hip hop junior dismissing the RZA like that, nothing to do with GAF my friend.

RZA>>>Pete Rock. And Im a huge Pete Rock fan, but you cant name another producer who dropped consistent classics like RZA did. Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, IronMan, Supreme Clientelle. Some people would also include Tical in there. Either way, RZA is proven.

I will concede that he aint producing like he used to. Hes dropped some doodoo beats lately. I thought we were getting the old RZA back with songs like Black Mozart and State of Grace, but that ended fast.

I have faith in him he can drop some heat. If that rumored clan album comes to fruition i really think hel come back to his own. Cause i dont think Ghost and Rae will let him put out bullshit again after the whole 8 Diagrams drama.

As for who i aint checking for anymore? Gotta be Fabolous. Huge fan of his earlier work and then he just fell off. Waaaay off.

Waiting for someone to say Lupe....

siddx

Yeah andre 3000 is another one. I don't give a fuck about anything dude does anymore. I don't even want another outkast album because he'd ruin it for me. Just keep giving me big boi solos.

Yeah andre 3000 is another one. I don't give a fuck about anything dude does anymore. I don't even want another outkast album because he'd ruin it for me. Just keep giving me big boi solos.

3 Stacks is such a wasted talent. Dude is so good on the mic, yet recently never drops anything of importance.

Let alone anything at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
3 Stacks is such a wasted talent. Dude is so good on the mic, yet recently never drops anything of importance.

Let alone anything at all.
He's been going in with the features lately. Between filming a movie and having rumours he's quite literally disappeared from the Earth, he's put out a lot of guest verses.

Honestly some of his verses have grown on me, but for the most part people are still giving him the pass while he's putting out wack verses.

He's been going in with the features lately. Between filming a movie and having rumours he's quite literally disappeared from the Earth, he's put out a lot of guest verses.

Honestly some of his verses have grown on me, but for the most part people are still giving him the pass while he's putting out wack verses.

Hes dropped some heat in the past. I think that why he gets a pass. Critics and fans need to just go in on Dre. Might motivate him to drop some hip hop.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hes dropped some heat in the past. I think that why he gets a pass. Critics and fans need to just go in on Dre. Might motivate him to drop some hip hop.
Thing is, Dre gets motivated and unmotivated again.

Shit the first 8 years we thought we were getting Detox he was barely working on it cause he thought he was doing it out of obligation.

Dre is one of my favourite producers, but really I don't know why he's still doing music if nothing comes out of it. People say he's a perfectionist, yeah, but at this point I think he's pigeon-holed himself into a place he knows he cannot succeed and meet the hype, so he'd rather not do anything at all.

Thing is, Dre gets motivated and unmotivated again.

Shit the first 8 years we thought we were getting Detox he was barely working on it cause he thought he was doing it out of obligation.

Dre is one of my favourite producers, but really I don't know why he's still doing music if nothing comes out of it. People say he's a perfectionist, yeah, but at this point I think he's pigeon-holed himself into a place he knows he cannot succeed and meet the hype, so he'd rather not do anything at all.

I was talking about 3 stacks...

But your dead on about Dr Dre. The thing is he is making music. He keeps making the album then scrapping it over and over. Shit weve all heard about his beat vault with countless unreleased beats.

Hes left it too long. If he was regularly putting out albums this wouldnt happen. But the fact we been waiting so long means it will never live up. And he knows it.

HiResDes

Anyway I went to the craziest show last night. I saw this queer-trap group named House of Ladosha that went ham sandwich.

main.jpg

...And then right after Nicky Da B took me back to the 90s, with THE HYPEST BOUNCIEST shit I've ever heard. He had a girl twerking in the front with no panties. Basically picture a New Orleans version of Skerrid Boy. Seriously just listen to that track I linked. I WENT HAM SANDWICH

695c54d6.jpg

...SSion closed, no need to introduce or describe how great that shit was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom