• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
everyone could use at least one cosby sweater in their life
you say it like that's a bad thing tho

kinda ya. itll be cool to see if RZA can even come close to what he's imitating, but as of right now movie looks like some weird combination of Kid With the Golden Arm and Seven Samurai.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
everyone could use at least one cosby sweater in their life.

Are we talking about coogi's?

Also I still feel Ludacris's first album was an ignorant music classic and the second album is damn close.

As for busta not having a classic album OK maybe but if he ever dropped a best of busta rhymes it would be a 3 CD classic album.

Lastly why the heck was Nicki Minaj on that list? She is like what one CD in what Catalog was Complex judging?

Esch

Banned
lol, as if Dre or 3k give a crap about what people are saying about how they conduct their lives

in all fairness theyve come and gone; made their classics, their contributions, they dont really give a fuck about having to prove themselves or make nice with their fanbases. they're not broke either, so thats doubly the case.

PBY

Banned
Might drop this week

cabinfever2-wk_zps237dd65b.png

coldvein

Banned
lol, as if Dre or 3k give a crap about what people are saying about how they conduct their lives

in all fairness theyve come and gone; made their classics, their contributions, they dont really give a fuck about having to prove themselves or make nice with their fanbases. they're not broke either, so thats doubly the case.

this.

DominoKid

Might drop this week

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/darrenk75/cabinfever2-wk_zps237dd65b.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

his tour starts on friday right?

cant wait for this tape. Trap Wiz is Wiz at his best. hopefully theres lots of Juicy J.
maybe this is where his song w/ Chief Keef will end up.

Esch

Banned
So I'm listening to Ironman for the first time in like a year, and I think this album finally clicked with me. I always thought it was #2 to SC, and it might still be, but something changed. Isnt that weird? I can't quite explain it either now, but it reinforces my belief that enjoyment and appreciation of music is quite dependent on your internal state and surrounding environment.

So I'm listening to Ironman for the first time in like a year, and I think this album finally clicked with me. I always thought it was #2 to SC, and it might still be, but something changed. Isnt that weird? I can't quite explain it either now, but it reinforces my belief that enjoyment and appreciation of music is quite dependent on your internal state and surrounding environment.

Even day to day variables like your moods can effect how you hear music. Or how you relate to it. Happened to me recently with Beneath the Surface. Have listened plenty of times. But the most recent i just enjoyed it so much more.

jerry1594

We'll just have to agree to disagree. personally I've never heard a bad Pete Rock beat. as for the next Wu album, it ain't happening. those guys are just all over the place, and GZA and RZA just don't have their heart in it anymore

Interesting, I always thought Ironman was one of the most accessible Wu albums. The beats are dope although not as much as CL, and everyone raps with the multi-syllable Kool G Rap style.

It might have the best opening song on a Wu album too

Esch

Banned
Interesting, I always thought Ironman was one of the most accessible Wu albums. The beats are dope although not as much as CL, and everyone raps with the multi-syllable Kool G Rap style.

It might have the best opening song on a Wu album too

i find a lot of it to be abstract, with a lot of lower energy beats and such. its more of a sit down and listen through while studying album than something partylike or accessible. SC has more songs that are like "hits". Its all very good, tho

coldvein

Banned
"to eliminate somethin badly, could be beating somebody up badly, finished some food in its entirety, and/or murder someone or somethin.
Dawg, on thanksgivin, i'm finna murk all that food"

thank you urbandictionary.

maybe im buggin :manny:

It also might just be because ive listened to SC more, so i understand it more, so the abstraction isnt as obvious to me.

ahh I see

It took me awhile for SC to click. I always liked a few tracks on it like Malcolm, Mighty Healthy, Wu Banga, etc but there were others that just felt like too much rapid fire gibberish. Then one day while walking to school through the snow it just clicked - the entire album (well, outside of Stroke Of Death)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
everyone could use at least one cosby sweater in their life

kinda ya. itll be cool to see if RZA can even come close to what he's imitating, but as of right now movie looks like some weird combination of Kid With the Golden Arm and Seven Samurai.

Ding ding ding. A fellow historian has appeared.

That's exactly the movie he's aped. The first time I saw the RZA movie preview, I actually popped in my KWtGA DVD right after.

But the casting and Tarantino should ensure that it's at least an entertaining movie, from an acting perspective. I won't shit on it yet.

maybe im buggin :manny:

It also might just be because ive listened to SC more, so i understand it more, so the abstraction isnt as obvious to me.

I always thought SC was more abstract. Ghost was less about crime and money on it. Think he was in Africa when he wrote the whole thing and that changed his style some.

Both are classics either way. Its a very strange comparison, but ive always thought the progression between Ironman and SC stylewise anyways, is very similar to the progression between Tribes Low end Theory and Midnight Marauders. As in the started to find their comfort zone and came into their own or something.

I dont know, i listen to these albums too much.

T Dollarz

To the man in here that named Ohnomite his AOTY, I tip my hat to you sir.

Downloaded it on your recommendation and this shit is AMAZING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom