• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
081-bitd_ok03.jpg
00-organized_konfusion-stress-the_extinction_agenda-1994-bm.jpg
Organized+Konfusion+-+The+Equinox+(1997).jpg

Came up on my MP3 player, so it got me revisiting their tracks

Self-Titled Album

Fudge Pudge ft. OC - lol @ Monche's hair

Releasing Hypnotical Gases - some super scientifical shit...but from 1991. Canibus wishes he could flow like O.K. Oh, and that's where DJ Shadow got that vocal sample from...

Who Stole My Last Piece Of Chicken - one of my favorite song titles ever. Remixed, too. I might feel kinda weird as a black man bumping this song, but fuck it. CHICKEN IS GOOD

Stress: The Extinction Agenda
well shit, here's the entirety of their classic second album, Stress: The Extinction Agenda - timestamp links inside the description. Listened to it all today...and I think it still holds up very well, 18 years later. Some notes:

-Stray Bullet was I Gave You Power before I Gave You Power existed

-Maintain is still one of my go to "trying to get through some bullshit in my life" songs

-dat flow on Extinction Agenda

-Thirteen: "I'm no slave to the rhythm/I rip it/then I take its name and change it's religion/then I chop the foot off the fucking beat/for trying to escape the track now it's obsolete..."

-Bring It On has one of the most hilariously homoerotic lines in hip-hop history: "Better believe I buttfuck MC's from the rear". I like how he made sure to clarify it's from the rear. The song overall is still dope though (a Neo Geo reference!)

-Let's Organize also features another hilariously homoerotic line: "Better back off, I jack off of wack MC's in the vicinity". Really Pharoahe? You really showed those wack MC's who's in charge!

-a lot of production on this album definitely excels at that mid 90's NYC jazzy style.

-damn they do some multisyllabic shit really well

Equinox

-didn't like this album as much, but still some good tracks.

-Invetro. Similar to Fetus(Belly Button Window). Nas, I'm sensing a pattern here...

-Hate. Ever wanted to hear what it would sound like if white supremacists were actually dope MC's? There ya go!

-Somehow Someway: Best beat on the album. Too chill.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Not too big on OF. I do like Frank Ocean though. But then again, most of us do.

When you say "OF", have you actually heard Mellowhype's albums? They're way different than the general "OF" stereotype.

Edit: Am I the only one who thinks Key to the Kuffs is one of the best releases this year?
I happen to love the album.

Anyone fuck with The War Report?? Just finished listening to it again. Some great tracks on it.

Before Capone n Noreaga fell the fuck off.
Yup. Illegal Life, Parole Violators... shit I used to bang a ton of that album nonstop.

edit: T.O.N.Y, Stick You, Live on Live Long, hell yeah

Great post Soul. Love some Organized Konfusion.

Thanks. One of the reasons I love having a large capacity MP3 player with my entire collection on it...shit will come up on shuffle that I haven't listened to in years, and it's almost like that "listening for the first time" feeling.

DominoKid

time really makes you realize how uninteresting the OF rappers are on their own aside from Tyler.

i say this listening to the Mellowhype.

Acid08

Banned
Gorgeous is such a great song. No matter what I'm doing when it comes on, gotta stop and zone out to that Rae verse. So good.

Kuffs is cool, Winter Blues is the only song I'm really going back to though. Been listening to the Danger Doom album a lot recently too, some of Dooms most fun and accessible stuff is on there. Good shit.

domino, Hodgy deserves credit too. His EP is better than Bastard and Goblin.

Acid08

Banned
I feel like whatever album Earl's working on is probably gonna disappoint. Would be nice to be wrong though. He needs to create his own thing, not just go over the same old OF shit.

I really don't think dudes quite grasp how dope Pharoahe Monch is or how dope OK were.

I say this at least once a year on whatever message board I happen to frequent. OK, Pharoahe in particular, were doing some crazy stuff in comparison to the rest of the game at the time. Monch has toned down in recent years, but every other track you hear some of that insanity he was on back then. The guy used to be all over a beat like few I've ever heard.

overcast

Listened to Habits and Contradictions in full for the first time since it came out and it is boring as fuck save for like 4 or 5 tracks. I was blinded by the awesomeness that was There He Go and Sacrilegious. Definitely won't be in my top 5 this year lol.
What the hell? The only song I really don't like is sex drvie, otherwise it is a damn consistent album. Far from boring. My only other problem is that it doesn't finish on Blessed, feel like that should have been the last track. Can't wait for what Q releases next.
Hopefully making sure A$AP Rocky's debut doesn't crash and burn.
I am hoping for a few Clams produced songs on ASAP's debut, though that album looks like it'll be delayed until next year.

PBY

Banned
Not really feeling the new mellowhype, kinda disappointed. That Frank Ocean track is dope tho.

Also- UPGRADE YOUR SYNTHS GODDAMMIT

Esch

Banned
Not really feeling the new mellowhype, kinda disappointed. That Frank Ocean track is dope tho.

Also- UPGRADE YOUR SYNTHS GODDAMMIT

odd future seems so basic, they just need to cave and come up off that no samples dumb shit, they have the money for it now lol

kamspy

Cruel Summer The Album is beat of the year. At least one of those songs, just can't decide which. I Don't Like and Clique are the front runners today. Could be different tomorrow. To The World, NGF and Mercy are dope as hell too.

PBY

Banned
Cruel Summer The Album is beat of the year. At least one of those songs, just can't decide which. I Don't Like and Clique are the front runners today. Could be different tomorrow. To The World, NGF and Mercy are dope as hell too.

I agree with all of this.

Jitters

You may just be right.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty much.

Cruel Summer in it's entirety and maybe 3-4 other songs (Hip-Hop, etc.) are in competition for beats of the year. My vote is Sin City ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom