• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Scrub Question: What does DJ Khaled actually do? All his songs are feature based so I thought he produced but apparently he doesn't all the time so I don't get it. Like why isn't I'm On One a Drake song.
he does

DEE

JAY

KALED

we da best

Fjordson

Hey guys

Ironman vs. Supreme Clientele

What's your opinion?
Really tough choice. Ironman is great because it's the classic Wu solo album formula. All Rza beats and tons of guest verses from other members. Ghost himself is probably at his best on Supreme Clientele, though, so I'll say SC barely.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone check out the Hit-Boy tape that dropped today? Though I guess if you asked him he'd call it a "free album" and not a tape.
Bout to download it soon. It's really short and most of the tracks have been put out into the wild already though. Click picture to download:

Also:
3. I Wish You Would feat. Kanye West & Rick Ross
5. They Ready feat. J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T. and Kendrick Lamar
7. Hip-Hop feat. Scarface, Nas & DJ Premier

HOOK IT STRAIGHT TO MY VEINS

Lastly:

Nardwuar vs. Juicy J

EDIT:
Scrub Question: What does DJ Khaled actually do? All his songs are feature based so I thought he produced but apparently he doesn't all the time so I don't get it. Like why isn't I'm On One a Drake song.
The boring answer:

He's an A&R at Def Jam, DJ out in Miami, head of Island Def Jam or something, promoter, etc. List goes on. Everything except being an artist. Well, he raps too, but even he knows he sucks at it.

Catching up on some Hip Hop (news) lately...

- MA_DOOM gotta be one of the laziest things I've listened to in a while and I like Ace and love Doom
- Madgibbs' Shame EP is beast
- Kendrick Lamar killed his verse on that Kweli track
- The Wheatherman
- Rebirth of Detroit breaks my heart. Only good thing to come out of that was Guilty's verse on Dillatroit and the instrumental of that track.
- Black Belt Theatre is pretty good. Is it just me or is Rae appearing on every single album nowadays? He must be really cheap because his features aren't really all that.
- Whoopi Fiasco sure went all out when he jacked that Pete Rock beat, holy shit. What a tool.
- I fear OB4CLIII is gonna be shit, RZA involved or not.
- Elzhi's Blue Window is awesome. The Weather Report is my most anticipated record atm.

Still need to check out:
Ohnomite - Oh No
Skelethon - Aesop Rock
Interludes after Midnight - Blockhead

Detox

HOLD UP that Nas and Face track is produced by Premier?
ilUjcoPbgJWWO.gif

He hooks up with top producers like Just Blaze and tells them I want that sound that sound to make people go ugh proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkpCnEsatdo

I know this has to be old, but what is up with the censored version of Shook Ones pt 2?? why did my amazon shit not get the dirty version haha and why are all the versions I click on youtube the censored version.

Man....R.A.P. Music is a great album. Killer Mike has finally found himself with this project. He's had other good albums, but this one is on another level. He brought it, and El-P brought it.

Yeah I'm definitely ordering the CD.

meh at slaughterhouse. Good mc's but together they just bore me with their onslaught of verses. I think Shady 2.0 is a flop considering my expectations. Yelawolf needs to redeem himself with Trunk Muzik Returns and that KRIT project.

Omzz

he got the arab connect

coldvein

Banned
i am going to the cd store to buy some cdz everybody. sadly there havent been any new doomtree releases for a while.

is that blu and exile thing worth my moneys?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i am going to the cd store to buy some cdz everybody. sadly there havent been any new doomtree releases for a while.

Anything you buy of Blu is worth your money, but only as long as you can find Exile's name somewhere on the same CD.

Esch

Banned

Yes, but your taste is more unpredictable than a pregnant woman on PCP so you might not enjoy it.

Try, then buy.

Fjordson

Yeah, the EP was a little disappointing. Though that Cent From Heaven beat is ridiculously good. But the Flowers re-release should be good.

Ironman and Supreme Clientelle??? Right now im on Supreme Clientelle.

Yo anyone Canadian in here have the Supreme Clientelle CD? There was some differences between the US and Canadian version.

If someone could post a picutre of the tracklist or even just the Canadian tracklist id really appreciate it!!

Also RIP Recon. Damn. He perma banned?

kamspy

Man....R.A.P. Music is a great album. Killer Mike has finally found himself with this project. He's had other good albums, but this one is on another level. He brought it, and El-P brought it.

Nas needs the same treatment. Lock him in a room with one producer (not named SALAAMREMI.COM) and squeeze every bit of good out of him much like El-P did with Mike.

Ironman and Supreme Clientelle??? Right now im on Supreme Clientelle.

Yo anyone Canadian in here have the Supreme Clientelle CD? There was some differences between the US and Canadian version.

If someone could post a picutre of the tracklist or even just the Canadian tracklist id really appreciate it!!

Also RIP Recon. Damn. He perma banned?

Yo I got it somewhere.
It's got that alternate, extended Child's Play on it with the long ass Ghost outro talking about missing school :lol. I'll have to dig it out.....

PBY

Banned
Just listened to Hit story... Kinda bland tbh, no one would care about this at all if he didn't produce huge tracks. Which is strange cuz the beats on this are boring too.

kamspy

What if Nas x Harry Fraud?

ehh.png

I think El-P would actually be good.

As far as NO ID, not really. I mean, straight up one producer just like RAP Music. Needs to have that consistency. LIG has no consistency. The tracklist is basically throwing darts. Also, Queens Story is possibly the corniest Nas beat yet. Noz said it best in a tweet. I forget the exact comparison he made, but I lol'd. Something like 90s east coast break beats with symphony samples going together as well as raw oysters and milk.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He's a great promoter/hustler. One of the best in the biz right now.

oddly enough the dude has a ear for talent and puts out old school complation albums like in the NO LIMIT vein

he also makes a beat or two

right now dude has the golden touch so I can imagine that people dont turn him down when he calls

My man!! Yea whenever you get a chance. Thanks!

Right...... *cracks knuckles*
I handed in my Wu-Stan card a couple years back so a lot of this is going on memory.

So... there were three different versions of Supreme as far as I remember it.
The first was finished up shortly before Ghost went to prison which of course delayed the album. They didn't have him around to do any promo or shoot a video or anything.
This first version contained Cobra Clutch (which ended up on The Swarm record) amongst others.

When Ghost was back the album changed. I guess he'd reconsidered it whilst away.
So this second version got submitted and a few tracks (Iron Vacation, In The Rain) got deaded as samples couldn't be cleared. The basis of this second version is what the Canadian release ended up being. I still don't know how that even happened.

So after the sample incidents (which would happen again on Bulletproof Wallets which also has an alternate version!) the record was changed into a third version, which became the US version.

So Supreme v.2 aka the Canadian release (more or less) has this tracklist:

1. Nutmeg
2. One
3. Saturday Night
4. In The Rain (Wise)
5. Mighty Healthy
6. Apollo Kids
7. Buck 50
8. Stay True
9. G-Dini
10. Malcolm
11. We Made It
12. Child's Play
13. Cherchez La Ghost
14. Wu-Banga 101

Skipping through it I remembered:

- No Iron Man cartoon intro or interlude. These aren't present at all.
- One was track one on the 1st version of Supreme, hence "new Ghostface"
- Saturday Night is over 5 minutes. There's an interlude in the middle and then Ghost's verse from Impossible is replayed. After this Iron's Theme plays.
- In The Rain was one of the tracks killed by samples so I don't even know how it got pressed on the Canadian version. It's similar to tracks off the Pretty Toney album, here Ghost just raps over the top of a whole Dramatics track with no changes.
- Mighty Healthy sounds worse. The mix isn't as strong.
- Apollo Kids is extended as it has the Clyde Smith skit put on the end of it.
- Buck 50 is 9 minutes long! (This version has less tracks but is longer overall btw) Buck 50 as we know it jumps straight into Stroke of Death and then jumps into the Basehead skit.
- Stay True was later renamed to Deck's Beat but is still the same song
- G-Dini was renamed to Ghost Dini, this version has the different beat. The very eerie one, you probably heard it.
- We Made It is extended as the Who Would You Fuck? skit is put on the end
- Child's Play is interesting. There's no beat change. The first beat on the US version plays through. This is almost 5 minutes long now too as there is an extra full minute of Ghost talking shit at the end of the track. Pretty funny but the beat is grating with no switch-up.
- Wu-Banga is different. Masta Killa ends the track. It has no second Ghost verse. Iron's Theme is added to the end of this track so it's extended yet again.

Umm that's it I guess. This version is worse mainly because it doesn't have The Grain (banger!) but the lack of skits, weird sequencing and boring Child's Play make the common version superior.
Man I could've told you so much more about this album but like I said I'm not really into Wu like that these days, I've forgotten a lot of shit.
I posted a long ass post about Bulletproof Wallets too in one of the older threads. That alternate is actually better than the released version.
Hope this helps man :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom