• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well shit... tmw is my 35th birthday...

This weekend is going to be bad.. I might as well leave my liver at home.

With that be said I will leave this here

www.dj-ace.com/Mixes/ignorant19.mp3

aka

ninjas who can sing and rap at the same time..

lol

listen to it and you will see it..

Esch

Banned
Happy birthday Ace!

as for your liver and/or kidneys and/or wallet and/or dignity

iuwNXO68LyFiP.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Happy birthday Ace!

as for your liver and/or kidneys and/or wallet and/or dignity

iuwNXO68LyFiP.gif

Best thing about where I am now with my DJing... wallet will be good as long as I don't lose it.. lol

Should be interesting... sigh..

Kyon

Banned
Greetings my fellow stan sistrenBrethren
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I wish to be converted. Any recommendations?

EDIT: Kanye is like the only hip hop i listen to that i know of. I bought Channel Orange out of hype
and was disappointing besides like 3 songs.

IrishNinja

sup kyonnnnnns <3

what ye albums have you listened to, and do you recall any tracks in particular you liked? he's changed his style up quite a bit so that kinda thing is helpful for recommendations.

CRS

Yeah so...Key Nyata just dropped a new track

yessss jacknicholson.gif

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

EDIT: Kanye is like the only hip hop i listen to that i know of. I bought Channel Orange out of hype
What Kanye album's did you listen to? And songs in particular that stick out?

Best thing about where I am now with my DJing... wallet will be good as long as I don't lose it.. lol

Should be interesting... sigh..
Just take your ID and enough money to catch a taxi home. Keep it together with a money clip if you have one. I'm sure you'll get enough free drinks where you won't have to pull out your own money.

Fjordson

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Recommendations from the entirety of hip-hop is tough. Practically an endless list if someone has never listened to the genre.

Like CRS said, what did you like/dislike about Kanye and what albums of his have you heard?

Detox

iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

These should be a good starting point:
Nas - Illmatic
NWA - Greatest Hits
Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Gang starr - Moment of Truth
Tupac - Greatest Hits
Biggie - Ready to Die
Jay-Z - The blueprint
Young Jeezy - TM101
Game - The Documentary
Ice Cube - Death Certificate

CRS

These should be a good starting point:
Nas - Illmatic
NWA - Greatest Hits
Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
Gang starr - Moment of Truth
Tupac - Greatest Hits
Biggie - Ready to Die
Jay-Z - The blueprint
Young Jeezy - TM101
Game - The Documentary
Ice Cube - Death Certificate

Those are all great albums but may not be the best choices for someone just getting into hip hop.

IrishNinja

nah, Jeezy stood out for me too. there's a lotta people on here that call it a classic and that's cool, but it felt like detox was just checking off a general sound/region list and jeezy got a token vote, haha

Detox

I find you have to brute force yourself, I started really getting into hiphop with Illmatic but it did not click with me at first. After a few listens it clicked just as a whole package and each subsequent listen unravelled the genius of different aspects of the album for me such as the rhyme pattern, flow, beats etc. I don't see the point in trying to cater to his / her's taste in hiphop because they haven't listened to it enough to form their own taste, I think there is a decent range of styles in the albums listed to find something you like. Also classics can open your mind to different styles because of just how damn good they are, for instance TM101 made me appreciate ignorant / trap music much more than I used to.

TM101 is a certified classic, it is a motivational album so you have to be in the right frame of mind. Toku posted an interview a while back where some guy said he was delivering pizza but the album motivated him. Even though it is about moving weight, Jeezy transforms it into the universal theme of motivation of grinding for your dream. I listened to it recently during my exam's and it really gets you pumped up not like a club banger more like it's me against the world and I'm going to go get mine. Jeezy never fails to make me happy, the guy is a genius. The craft behind the best Jeezy songs is on the level of the best songs from lyrical heavyweights like Nas or GZA.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
25 Hip-Hop Albums for 2.99 on the Amazon MP3 Store

Strange Clouds [Explicit]
B.o.B

Stankonia [Explicit]
OutKast

MMG Presents: Self Made, Vol. 2 (Deluxe Version) [Explicit]
Vol. 2 MMG Presents: Self Made

2001 [Explicit]
Dr. Dre

All Eyez On Me [Explicit]
2Pac

Life After Death [Explicit]
Notorious B.I.G.

Get Rich Or Die Tryin' [Explicit]
50 Cent

Live From The Underground [Explicit]
Big K.R.I.T.

Section.80
Kendrick Lamar

Skelethon [Explicit]
Aesop Rock

Enter The Wu-Tang [Explicit]
Wu-Tang Clan

Church Clothes
Lecrae

The Low End Theory
A Tribe Called Quest

Paper Trail (Explicit) [Explicit] [+digital booklet]
T.I.

Habits & Contradictions [Explicit]
Schoolboy Q

Illmatic [Explicit]
Nas

R.A.P. Music [Explicit] [+digital booklet]
Killer Mike

The Dreamer, The Believer
Common

The Infamous
Mobb Deep

Teflon Don [Explicit]
Rick Ross

Uptown Saturday Night
Camp Lo

All 6's And 7's [Explicit]
Tech N9ne

Kickin' & Screamin' [Explicit]
Krizz Kaliko

The Stoned Immaculate [Explicit]
Curren$y

The Summer Years [Explicit]
Tabi Bonney

OG Kush

The first hip hop that I really got into and actually showed me that "damn this is hip hop?! i;ve been missing out!" was A Tribe Called Quest.
Before I only listened to alt rock and shit and believed hip wasn't really music as there weren't any live instruments used (I was 14!), then I got Midnight Marauders and it all changed. Qtips production was and still is so damn good!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

I can't speak for the west coast centric starters Guide for a Kanye fan but this is my attempt at one for other sub genres. The point is to build initial genre exposure upon the equivalent of Hip Hop easy listening.

First get spotify.

Start with the last outkast album and work your way back to their first album. They have a great catalog full of uniquely structured albums.

Extra credit: listen to WTT by Kanye and Jay-z then these following Jay-Z solo albums - "Black Album" then "Blueprint 1". If you like what u hear then continue to "Vol.1" and "Reasonable Doubt". If your still eager move onto Biggie's album. At that point its up to you.

Esch

Banned
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

the brehthren welcome
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

try Blu & Exile- Below the Heavens

SIC014-cover-400x400.jpg

i think it has a lot of overlap with kanye

kamspy

Toku was right. A Recon made OT can only be a bad omen for the HOP de la GAF.

katewehavetogoback.gif

EDIT: happy bday Ace. You old motherfucker.

EDIT2: Supreme Clienetele 8 days a week. I almost thought the Wu was back when that shit dropped. Then reality came back. Someone get RZA back on the Nutmeg.

Hey guys

Ironman vs. Supreme Clientele

What's your opinion?

Supreme Clientele all day. Ironman is classic but I feel like it's not as great as it could have been. Given the way Ghost dominated Cuban Links, I assumed he'd do the same on his own album. Instead Rae kind of gets him on multiple tracks, surprisingly. Also production wise it doesn't match Links.

Supreme Clientele is one of the most challenging albums I've heard. At first I couldn't fuck with most of it due to the nonsensical rhyming, but eventually it just clicks and you realize the shit is brilliant. I pray to god Ghost sounds like that again one day.

That album also probably has the best non-RZA produced tracks anyone from the Wu has blessed

new dj khaled album tracklist

1. Shout Out To The Real. DJ Khaled featuring Meek Mill, Ace Hood and Plies
2. B****es and Bottles (Let's Get It Started) DJ Khaled featuring Lil Wayne, T.I. And Future
3. I Wish You Would DJ Khaled featuring Kanye West and Rick Ross
4. "Take It To The Head" DJ Khaled featuring Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, Chris Brown and Lil Wayne
5. "They Ready" DJ Khaled featuring J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T. and Kendrick Lamar
6. "I'm So Blessed" DJ Khaled featuring Big Sean, Wiz Khalifa, Ace Hood and T-Pain
7. "Hip-Hop" DJ Khaled featuring Scarface and Nas
8. "I Did It For My Dawgz" DJ Khaled featuring Rick Ross, Meek Mill, French Montana and Jadakiss
9. "I Don't See Em." DJ Khaled featuring Birdman, Ace Hood, and 2 Chainz
10. "Don't Pay 4 It" DJ Khaled featuring Wale, Tyga, Mack Maine and Kirko Bangz
11. "Suicidal Thoughts" DJ Khaled featuring Mavado
12. "Outro (They Don't Want War)" DJ Khaled featuring Ace Hood

cover

Detox

You bolded the wrong song:
Hip-Hop" DJ Khaled featuring Scarface and Nas
Face and Nas always bring heat together, both in between us and favour for a favour were fire.

But come on Khaled you seriously made a song called Suicidal Thoughts that is blasphemous

Omzz

5. "They Ready" DJ Khaled featuring J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T. and Kendrick Lamar
7. "Hip-Hop" DJ Khaled featuring Scarface and Nas

These are the 2 tracks I'm looking forward to

Looking forward to that 2 Chainz feature, will be the standout on that track. Birdman's verse will be more bird summoning, 100 million dollars bdddraaaap noise.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I have to put in at least one vote for Ironman. RZA was a level above God-tier on the boards and everyone was spitting like their children's lives were at stake. The run of quality between Iron Maiden and Black Jesus is just undeniable.

That said, Supreme Clientele is just as incredible, and RZA was BACK on that whole shit. I remember that was my senior year, me and my friends would roll down the street high as fuck with the caddiy speakers blasting, leaning out of the windows screaming the lyrics to Ghost Deini.

Shit man, why even ask one to choose between those two?

So what are the odds of a Eminem and Skylar Grey feature on the Kendrick album?
3:2

RJT

Recon banned
808 and Heartbreak is Kanye's best album
Blamespace losing his charm he used to have
Eminem X Kendrick X Lady Gaga song
Pop gaf will fuse into Gaf-hop

No gif can summarize my feelings on these events.

I dare you to try, though

kamspy

Supreme Clientele was the first album Wu release after Forever that wasn't a partial let down.

Actually, Ironman was the first Wu album that, to me, was a partial let down.

But WT Forever was the real line in the sand that separated classic to meh. Forever itself kinda straddled that line to me.

f0rk

Scrub Question: What does DJ Khaled actually do? All his songs are feature based so I thought he produced but apparently he doesn't all the time so I don't get it. Like why isn't I'm On One a Drake song.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Scrub Question: What does DJ Khaled actually do? All his songs are feature based so I thought he produced but apparently he doesn't all the time so I don't get it. Like why isn't I'm On One a Drake song.

lol....welcome, bro.

But nothing. DJ Khaled basically does nothing and gets paid out the ass for it. He's living the American dream

kamspy

He's a great promoter/hustler. One of the best in the biz right now.

Tokubetsu

There is so much quality music out there in the world right now. I'm really appreciative of my life right now, 4:06 PM Twenty-Twelve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom