• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Hip=hop heads do you get disappointed when the song the album is named after is trash?

I find it a little odd, because I would think the song that shares the name with the album would get some lovin' in the studio, but if the rest of the album is good it doesn't really bother me.

IrishNinja

Hip=hop heads do you get disappointed when the song the album is named after is trash?

might just be me, but i feel ive come across a lotta albums where the title track was not a standout one at all, so i dont expect much..not like say mef's Judgment Day, which was a straight banger shutup ace

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
might just be me, but i feel ive come across a lotta albums where the title track was not a standout one at all, so i dont expect much..not like say mef's Judgment Day, which was a straight banger shutup ace

I think the thinking back in the day was your title song needed to be banging..

not as much now..

Also like rappers who use no title song... like 2 Chainz!

*listens*

the fuck

I assume the rest of the album is a lot better? Totally flew under my radar.

Great album... that might be the worst song on it..

HiiiLife

I do get a little bugged when artists do that and the song ends up being mediocre.

And also.. Hoping the album released in Germany.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I think the thinking back in the day was your title song needed to be banging..

not as much now..

Also like rappers who use no title song... like 2 Chainz!

Great album... that might be the worst song on it..

Yeah I'm enjoying the fuck out of the album. Xzibit really surprised me.

And Macklemore's old EP from a few years back was legit. Some really great tracks. Although I don't think I could stomach a full album from him as his white boy voice gets tiresome despite some great production and lyrics.

Macca

So uh, just doing some reading, and it seems Slim Da Mobster is no longer on Aftermath. Bet he feels reeeeal bad about that Tattoo now.

EDIT: Just checked his twitter, dude is still going in on 50 haha. Wonder if that's why he was dropped.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The boring fuckery that is this Ross tape. Smh. :| Phoned in verses everywhere. "Us" is probably the best track on here. This shit is garbage.

So uh, just doing some reading, and it seems Slim Da Mobster is no longer on Aftermath. Bet he feels reeeeal bad about that Tattoo now.

EDIT: Just checked his twitter, dude is still going in on 50 haha. Wonder if that's why he was dropped.

Another one?? Aftermath has had the greatest rosters ever...

Raekwon
Rakim
Busta
Eve
Game
Busta
Kendrick
Eminem
Stat Quo
D12
RBX
Joell Ortiz
50 Cent
King Tee

...Of artists who never drop albums. Maybe what, 6 of them have?

Pathetic.

Ive been thinking about this. Stillmatic was a great song. Hell on Earth, Hip Hop is Dead, The Documentary, Blueprint 2... Shit im finding it hard to think of a bad album track.

Although i do have a higher expectation of title tracks than the rest of an album for some reason. Its easier for those tracks to disappoint i guess.

Esch

Banned
Hopefully he doesn't go all 50 Cent and fire rappers because they outsold him..

Bishop's shit is aiight so far..

Lunchtime is a great great song

if he does fire dudes, it should be cause straight up they dont mesh with his sound (see: Wale, Stalley, Omarion). I was saying last night imagine an MMG with Gunplay, Meek, Gibbs, Ace Hood, and 2 Chainz. He'd be unstoppable right now.

Esch

Banned
Aight so i lost my shit studying for tests and i decided to make a trap music playlist on spotify. Since the definition is a lil loose i have some shit from before the movement (say, UGK, 3-6) that i see as setting the foundation and some trap inspired shit like Ashtray on that but overall this is as much ignorant shyt as i could cram into a single space. Enjoy! 7 hours of stupid.

COMING FROM THE TRAP, NOW I RAP

includes: Jeezy, Gucci, 2 Chainz/Tity Boi, Ross, OJ da Juice, French Montana, Flocka, Bun B, T.I., and other assorted fuckery

pain-cover.jpg

http://rapradar.com/2012/10/08/new-music-pusha-t-x-future-pain/

Too tough
Jesus holy hell. This new Pusha-T on the nyahbinghi 4/4 beat is fucking awesome.

Pusha T is a guy that for me, musically, just hasn't made a single mistake in like 2-3 years. Just incredible voice & talent. I can not wait for his debut album. Feels weird to say that since he has actually done so much, but still, can't wait. 50 Acres.

Macca

I bet Jimmy Iovine's son didn't like it or skipped it on his ipod, that or Dre still got the ego that he can carry the album to go plat. I was about to say why isn't Dre pushing Kendrick but I see they got that XXL cover.
HXXL_12_SEP_0C1A_uscan.72.jpg
Heh, Game gotta be salty.

Do you guys really see Kendrick being on that superstar level like Snoop, Em and 50 though?

I mean hes nice on the mic and all, but i dont think hes gonna "Do them Calvin Broadus numbers"

Maybe with the Gaga association itll help but i dont know...

Macca

Do you guys really see Kendrick being on that superstar level like Snoop, Em and 50 though?

I mean hes nice on the mic and all, but i dont think hes gonna "Do them Calvin Broadus numbers"

Maybe with the Gaga association itll help but i dont know...
No. To be fair, probably aint going to be anyone with on the same level as Snoop or Em anytime soon.

50 sold 10 million copies of GRoDT, it's impressive. I don't think anyone expects Kendrick to do that.

Although to be fair when you think about it there probably wont be any rapper whose gonna come out and sell numbers like they did. Markets changed too much for that I guess.

Id like to see K.Dot do well

No. To be fair, probably aint going to be anyone with on the same level as Snoop or Em anytime soon.

50 sold 10 million copies of GRoDT, it's impressive. I don't think anyone expects Kendrick to do that.

Lol you beat me to it... GRoDT sold crazy numbers. Had mad singles though

I bet Jimmy Iovine's son didn't like it or skipped it on his ipod, that or Dre still got the ego that he can carry the album to go plat. I was about to say why isn't Dre pushing Kendrick but I see they got that XXL cover.
HXXL_12_SEP_0C1A_uscan.72.jpg

Reminds me of the old Splinter Cell Blacklist cover...

Macca

The other thing about Kendrick is, he makes really good music, but he doesn't have the standout personality that Snoop, Em and 50 have. I mean, what seperates him from other rappers?

He's not getting the same kind of Dre beats that those 3 were getting, and I don't think the co-sign means as much these days.

The other thing about Kendrick is, he makes really good music, but he doesn't have the standout personality that Snoop, Em and 50 have. I mean, what seperates him from other rappers?

He's not getting the same kind of Dre beats that those 3 were getting, and I don't think the co-sign means as much these days.

Couple of my friends are casual hip hop fans. As in they only check for the big stars Jay, Nas, Em, 50 and so on. Theyve started listening to Kendrick off the Dre co sign alone so thats gotta be something.

Could well be an isolated thing, but it cant hurt.

Detox

Couple of my friends are casual hip hop fans. As in they only check for the big stars Jay, Nas, Em, 50 and so on. Theyve started listening to Kendrick off the Dre co sign alone so thats gotta be something.

Could well be an isolated thing, but it cant hurt.

Same here, tried to put a group of my friends onto Section 80 last year. Only recently they were like yo you heard of this new track The Recipe? Kendrick goes hard. The co-sign isn't massive like say if they got Em to push him but its still going to do good for Kendrick. It would be worth a lot more if Dre was making more music or he was more open to doing interviews on big shows. Fuck the haters Kendrick going plat.

I dread to think what Eschaton got in store for me

njean777

hell no. he wont even be as big a "star" as j cole.

You must be joking, Kendrick can run circles around the lame excuse that has become J.Cole. Not to mention ever since Swimming Pools I have noticed more people listening to Kendrick on the regular. J.Cole not so much.

Kendrick is even more introverted than Cole, and doesn't have a hit single. He's not going anywhere, commercially. He'll remain big in Cali and be able to tour around the country while making good money through his deal, but that's about it.

His rap style just doesn't align with the Snoops, Ems, 50 Cents, Game's, etc of Dre's past. I know a lot of people who dislike him for rapping off beat

Detox

I bet that new guy Yelawolf Eminem signed is going to go multi-plat.

Also, totally didn't know Joell Ortiz got a solo deal with Shady. That label is going places.

Nah Em won't push anyone off his own accord unless they got mad hype with a single. I meant maybe Jimmy his boss or Dre would persuade him to cosign with a single or something.

It's funny we haven't had an Eminem song or verse for a while and I believe the same is true for Gaga. These are superstars and people are waiting on their next move it would be perfect to get them on a song with Kendrick.

kamspy

Damn even GaGa is too hardcore to let Interscope rape her work.

I wonder if TDE cleans Dre's pool and helps him inject his HGH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom