• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost done with this Aesop tape and I'm loving it.

Spotify is really an amazing price of software, I can't just listen to 30 second clips of a song, I need to hear at least 3/4ths to make a decision and spotify lets me listen to the whole thing, then I can jump straight to amazon.

This is all exactly right. I was surprised to see such an educated Wu post lol.

Hey I know my shit man! You should know this if you've seen any of my posts :lol

The unbutchered version of Bulletproof was so sick...though I actually didn't mind the released one.

The Sun is one of my very favourite Wu tracks. It hurts that it didn't make it.
The retail version of Flowers is beyond ass. Fuck that version!

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Almost done with this Aesop tape and I'm loving it.

Spotify is really an amazing price of software, I can't just listen to 30 second clips of a song, I need to hear at least 3/4ths to make a decision and spotify lets me listen to the whole thing, then I can jump straight to amazon.

Imagine if spotify and google combined forces to create an Android IOS that played all the music you ever wanted but with the occasional advertisement....Sploosh.

Also, Queens Story is possibly the corniest Nas beat yet. Noz said it best in a tweet. I forget the exact comparison he made, but I lol'd. Something like 90s east coast break beats with symphony samples going together as well as raw oysters and milk.

Thank you. THANK YOU. For the longest time I was like man am i really the only person that thinks this beat is fuckin wack?

Right...... *cracks knuckles*
I handed in my Wu-Stan card a couple years back so a lot of this is going on memory.

Was just looking for the tracklist ha.

Knew about the delay from his trip upstate and the sample shit.

Definitley learned some shit though. Props!!

Gonna try track this cd down, just to have it.

Heres hoping Supreme Clientelle 2 brings Ghost back to this kinda stuff. An exec. production role from the RZA wouldnt go amiss either. Doing this and LS 2 might just pull RZAs head out his ass and bring him back from the dead.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So Khaled is the new Dre?

Khaled makes the pop/radio/club jams and makes them summertime anthems. He ain't the best, but he is aight with the fluff.

Until Khaled does more in his past than hold Fat Joe's umbrella keep him and Dre comprasions out your filthy mouth

kamspy

Yo GAF HOP Android users. If you download the free app of the day, you get a $1 MP3 credit making all those $2.99 albums $1.99

Sweet.

Fjordson

you get a $100 MP3 credit.
=O I'm guessing this is a typo, otherwise I'm grabbin' the wife's HTC.

edit: oops, missed the edit lol.

The Sun is one of my very favourite Wu tracks. It hurts that it didn't make it.
The retail version of Flowers is beyond ass. Fuck that version!
The Sun is such a classic. Been a while since I listened to any of Ghost's stuff from that era, but I remember some other tracks that got cut being really dope also.

kamspy

Back in my day, you had to pay to start (and end) the Nas cycle.

vWmMJ.jpg

IrishNinja

damn, good post Jo, im gonna have to to grab that version now
i like how most of that khaled errbody else album has features i skip right over, then a few "..oh", like an ICP fest these days

This is all exactly right. I was surprised to see such an educated Wu post lol.

what you tryin to say here moooooooooooose

Until Khaled does more in his past than hold Fat Joe's umbrella keep him and Dre comprasions out your filthy mouth

+1

ps happy birf ace!

Y'know how an album comes out, you like it, but end up forgetting about it for 5+ years before going back to it and thinking "I really liked this album"......

aiBnP.jpg

Going through that right now. It's a bit on the long side but has a lot of good tracks.

Wtf is plug.dj???

Y'know how an album comes out, you like it, but end up forgetting about it for 5+ years before going back to it and thinking "I really liked this album"......

Going through that right now. It's a bit on the long side but has a lot of good tracks.

It happens. But Redman is so consistent. Never fails to put out a CD i dont enjoy.

Fuck it Muddy Waters is getting a Re listen.

Muddy Waters is pretty much 100% praised, you're definitely not the "only one who liked it."

Redman's discography is super underrated though.

Red is mad underrated. Dare iz a darkside, Whut? Thee album and Muddy Waters are classics.

Always check for a Red CD.

Had Muddy Waters and Doc's Da Name

Muddy Waters is pretty much 100% praised, you're definitely not the "only one who liked it."

Redman's discography is super underrated though.

There were certain Albums I picked up because of one song and then actually loved the whole album.
Was more into buying the Soundtrack/Various Artist type CD's like THE Source Hip Hop Album.( When it had good artist's on the album) Have the "Best of Rap City" lol. But was a fan of DJ Rectangle.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
click and find out

gladbron.png

we're not playing a lot of Hip Hop tho, so maybe another time i guess

(its like a flash based DJ room where you watch a music video together, theres a chat, and people dj one track in a line)

The sad part of that description is that in a few years this will be the definition of a corporate retreat icebreaker.

The only difference is all the songs are going to suck since no one is going to risk playing anything "controversial" in front of the boss.

IrishNinja

true story. outlook.com since forever. why would i switch?

fixed, apparently? looks like you got it sorted though

ps dare iz a darkside and doc's da name 2000 get the most rotation from me but those are solid too, here's to hoping for muddy waters 2, still marked for 2012!

I know this has to be old, but what is up with the censored version of Shook Ones pt 2?? why did my amazon shit not get the dirty version haha and why are all the versions I click on youtube the censored version.

I don't know if the edited was released officially. That version is what went to radio, and I'm guessing they never changed it over on the album. The album version I have is edited as well

CRS

http://railroadhiphop.com/2012/08/07/an-interview-w-her-favorite-colour-blu/

RRHH: Can you describe your writing process (medium, surroundings, inspirations, etc…)

Blu: my writing process is weed, a dope beat and a clear mind.

the world is my canvas, isn’t to hard to paint something beautiful after that.

RRHH: In the song Amnesia you say, “F*ck an actor, I’m a rapper, in a film called, Leave Me The F*ck Alone Till I Find A Real Job”. Describe this line and would you rather be acting?

Blu: no, i love rap and rapping. i was saying this after coming to the realization that although rapping is very profitable,

it lose value in comparison to other “jobs” when it comes to the purpose of your job.

rapping makes you feel good, but a chef, actually feeds you, so they win, the chefs..

so i was telling my lady friend, “hey, fuck rapping and acting, i hate myself, i wished i cut grass for a living”

RRHH: What’s your most favorite project that you’ve put out?

Blu: “jesus”, “her favorite colour” and “below the heavens”.

RRHH: People have criticized some of your live performances. What do you have to say about that?

Blu: man, me and exile come out and we was the illest new shit live, the illest!

then our album dropped, then we were still the illest, then the people wanted new shit but we only had this

so our show got old, then i did new shit and now i do new shit.

but i forget that shit too, so we suck live but you still want to see us anyway

RRHH: What’s your relationship like with Sene?

Blu: sene is an asshole. we like best friends who don’t talk or brothers who don’t talk..

i knew after i dropped “no yor K” that he would eventually speak on it, the he dropped “brooklynite”,

ate me, go sene!

RRHH: Who would you like to work with that you haven’t yet?

Blu: premier, the old prince paul and amerie

RRHH: During an interview I did with Evidence he brought up your song “Cold Hearted”, can you explain the meaning of this song?

Blu: this was about the go homie “blue” who was killed in the town i started rapping in.

RRHH: How would you describe your life currently?

Blu: “the royal tennebaums” meets “she hate me”

RRHH: What are some of your favorite movies, actors, directors? I know you’ve sampled Tom Waits, have you seen the movie Down By Law?

Blu: i have not seen “down by law” but i pride myself on film.

that statement really has no relevance if you don’t know the number one movie on the director’s choice all time film list,

which is “citizen kane”.

but I’m into spike lee, micheal gondry, harmony korine, wes anderson, vince gal low, on & on.

i like the indie guys, kubrick is the greatest.

RRHH: Describe the reasoning behind some of your songs being recorded with low sound quality.

Blu: adventures in low fi, its hard to explain my love for the grimy, ruff rugged and raw if you don’t know what you’re listening to.

if you don’t feel it, you don’t feel it, 9 times out the 10 if you like it, you like it

RRHH: Why is it so hard to find some of your material and why do you often take down mixtapes that you’ve posted on your bandcamp?

Blu: we hide sometime, “ucla” is the hidden gem, its an illegal classic

other than, the store was just down, erthing be back up soon

RRHH: Do you have any rap names that you’d use if it weren’t for the name Blu?

Blu: red barnes.

RRHH: What’s special to you about the year 1997? The year the “Heat beat the Knicks in game six”.

Blu: ma$e? hearing all the late heads get hip to “muddy waters”, idk

RRHH: What’s your take on all these super teams in basketball now a days?

Blu: its just one, and the lakers need blue jerseys

RRHH: I was listening to ChangYaWorld the other day and I started thinking about Tupac’s song “Changes”. One of my favorite Tupac lines is, “Let’s change the way we eat, let’s change the way we live, and let’s change the way we treat each other”. What would you suggest we change as a people?

Blu: our mind states need to change about how we look at each other, and how we look at our future

if we seen each other under the same light, then we should have any issues in the world what so ever

RRHH: What are some of your favorite books?

Blu: muhammad and the believers, they came before columbus, out the blue (reading currently) and the aquarian gospels.

RRHH: What’s next on the burner?

Blu: album with alchemist and an album with an up and coming producer named bombay, stay tuned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom