• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-phonk

Banned
The female rapper/singer with whom I dj live shows is getting major attention at the moment in Belgium, entering the "hot chart" at number 1 and getting heavy airplay on national radio & tv.

Just thought I'd share her track for fellow gaffers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3f8-oxLXr8

We get offered a lot of shows at the moment, and will be playing as support act for The Game, De La Soul and Public Enemy in the following weeks.

PBY

Banned
The female rapper/singer with whom I dj live shows is getting major attention at the moment in Belgium, entering the "hot chart" at number 1 and getting heavy airplay on national radio & tv.

We get offered a lot of shows at the moment, and will be playing as support act for The Game, De La Soul and Public Enemy in the following weeks.

Congrats man, glad your getting shine. She def has skills, but I gotta go full Charlemagne mode here and say I'm not really feeling that track. Could be a "lost in translation" type thing tho

CRS

Yo, I just finished watching this and DAMN, MGK has a lot of passion, but felt like dude was about to just breakdown in this video. Sadly I laughed at the part where MGK raps to Charlamange then he replies sorry not feeling it LOL. Just seems like he broke his heart. LOL Then he invites him to perform and he's like why you inviting me if you don't feel me

That entire interview was pretty grim. Was kinda heavy in there for a while. But yeah, I felt REALLY bad for MGK. He was heartbroken that he couldn't get Charlemagne to like his rap. Some daddy issues there or somethin'.

Saw Waka's interview after MGK's and right off the bat I didn't get any of the intelligence that Gucci was portraying.

Nice and congrats!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
hahahahahahahaha

Drake is more capable of creating a classic album than Cole, let's be real. Cole will continue boring people until he realizes his piano beats aren't doing the job

Cole like Wale should have stayed ghost writers..

CRS

How far does your name go when one's a ghostwriter? Like would Jay recommend Cole to other artists? I can't imagine ghostwriters with a resume or somethin' with all the artists he's worked for. How would you get your name known in the game?

HiiiLife

Damn that Charlemagne guy is a dick. Haha. Surprised Game didn't put hands on him.

And also.. Lol @ MGK getting hyped over BangBros.

Tokubetsu

How far does your name go when one's a ghostwriter? Like would Jay recommend Cole to other artists? I can't imagine ghostwriters with a resume or somethin' with all the artists he's worked for. How would you get your name known in the game?

By writing hit songs? As long as your people know people you'll get work. Thanks to the very nature of ghostwriting we'll never know 100% for sure but if dudes like Peter Gunz can eat off it, it can't be impossibly hard to get around.

exarkun

Damn, this DJ Drama album quality street music is ill. Drama used to suffer from trying too hard to manufacture a street "sound" on all his mixtaps/albums so stuff either started sounding the same or the beats didn't fit with all the guest features.

This album tho...man it bangs. And it has good guest spots. Its varied, the beats are dope, and it flows like an album. YEA IM A HATA.

Macca

Alright guys, I gotta question I know one of you can answer.

When a DJ "hosts" a mixtape, what exactly does this mean? What do they do? Other than some name drops I can't really tell.

Blackace

When a DJ "hosts" a mixtape, what exactly does this mean? What do they do? Other than some name drops I can't really tell.

Depends on the DJ..

Like Drama might make a beat..

Most just name drop and promote the mixtape

Tokubetsu

Yeah it's a form of promotion (at least used to be). Typically the DJ hosting is more popular than said rapper, or equally as popular with his/her own fanbase. This helps to boost the the possible visibility of the mixtape.

Think of it like having a big publisher behind a game. You do it because they'll in theory, be able to provide a bigger market for your product.

Blackace

Yeah it's a form of promotion (at least used to be). Typically the DJ hosting is more popular than said rapper, or equally as popular with his/her own fanbase. This helps to boost the the possible visibility of the mixtape.

Think of it like having a big publisher behind a game. You do it because they'll in theory, be able to provide a bigger market for your product.

Still Kinda works like that even if the DJ isn't as popular as said artist they typically do all the grunt work of promotion

Esch

Banned
Charlemagne also just doesnt like white rappers. i dont know what his stance on eminem is; but ive never seen him speak kindly on any single one once.

To be honest i do enjoy watching Breakfast Club, but i like the Hot97 people much more

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Charlemagne also just doesnt like white rappers. i dont know what his stance on eminem is; but ive never seen him speak kindly on any single one once.

To be honest i do enjoy watching Breakfast Club, but i like the Hot97 people much more

charlemagne is kamspy?

exarkun

damn that sounds like old kanye at the beginning, shit is nice. Love the semi-chorus.

Is he saying its time to wifey her in that song?

DominoKid

Oversee it basically.

Sequencing, might make a few beats, then they run their mouths over it.

Its a really elaborate cosign basically.

All the white rappers who go on his show are trash though. I'd imagine he likes Eminem; only haters of the highest caliber wont admit Em is great, even if his current music sucks. Would he hate on Action Bronson? I doubt it. I'd love to see Bronson on the show lmao

HiiiLife

All the white rappers who go on his show are trash though. I'd imagine he likes Eminem; only haters of the highest caliber wont admit Em is great, even if his current music sucks. Would he hate on Action Bronson? I doubt it. I'd love to see Bronson on the show lmao

Don't let Kams see this. Lol.

HiiiLife

Also I keep mixing up Bronson and Ghostface when I hear them play on Pandora. Lol.

I was googling mixtapes that had quite a few downloads (supposedly) from DatPiff. Has anyone listened to this?

logic-logic301-young-sinatra-undeniable-mixtape-cover-2012.jpg

HiResDes

Also I keep mixing up Bronson and Ghostface when I hear them play on Pandora. Lol.

I was googling mixtapes that had quite a few downloads (supposedly) from DatPiff. Has anyone listened to this?

logic-logic301-young-sinatra-undeniable-mixtape-cover-2012.jpg

Pretty decent, too J. Cole for my tastes though, which I used to be really into

Mangotron

I've listened to it, he's more or less a white Drake/Cole, literally. The guy completely ripped his style.

This is probably his best track, which is mostly because the beat is a fucking sick rework of this. I like Paramore, but that's a track off the Twilight soundtrack, so you probably already know GAFHOP's opinion of him, lol.

HiiiLife

I've listened to it, he's more or less a white Drake/Cole, literally. The guy completely ripped his style.

This is probably his best track, which is mostly because the beat is a fucking sick rework of this. I like Paramore, but that's a track off the Twilight soundtrack, so you probably already know GAFHOP's opinion of him, lol.

HOLY SHIT after you mentioned Drake he literally sounds like him in that vid. Lmaooooo. Seriously if I heard it on the radio I'd think it was Wheelchair Jimmy.

Pretty much this, I can certainly see the appeal of him though. I liked his previous tape more too btw Hiiilife

Sounds good. Damn his style is really like Cole's huh? Well.. Considering I do like Cole, I'll bite. No pun intended.

Blackace

I wouldn't shake his hand with a broke hand

Is the one rap lyric that makes me wha everytime I hear it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom