• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
half and half is 7/10?

I felt it didn't have very many bad songs.. but the highs from it were as high as his mixtape

I would rate it about the same but saying half of it is crap music is crazy to me..

Ok call it lackluster, either way half of It is skipable for me.

The reason I give it a 7/10 then is due to Rick's growth at flow, the quality of the good songs, and the fact that anything below 7/10 usually means it isn't worth a listen. GFID isn't bad but its lackluster.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ok call it lackluster, either way half of It is skipable for me.

The reason I give it a 7/10 then is due to Rick's growth at flow, the quality of the good songs, and the fact that anything below 7/10 usually means it isn't worth a listen. GFID isn't bad but its lackluster.

Again I don't feel it is lackluster.. But for the title being GFID you would figure he would have something hard as hell like BMF or something but he really didn't...

The album really flows well tho...

Again I don't feel it is lackluster.. But for the title being GFID you would figure he would have something hard as hell like BMF or something but he really didn't...

Honestly, the more I think about the title GFID, the more the album disappoints me concept wise.

Blackace

It's infectious. Like, it stimulates the stupid part of the brain

I can't really explain why I like it. It's dumb, but not French Montana dumb

No it's just plain bad.. The song is aiight but the hook makes the song so much worst than it should be

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wiz is a such a corny ass baby shit soft dude that that album cover is actually an improvement on his normal look. His normal look being Amber Rose sitting on his face with her balls on his chin.

That Jarren Benton tape is still getting a ton of play from me. Makes me want to start a fire in an orphanage.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Yeah the album does flow together very well. Its just lacks a strong enough single and maybe he should of saved some of the songs from the mixtape for the album, and used some of the songs on the album as part of the mixtape.

This is how I feel about K.R.I.T's better than average album coming out after his great mixtape. Even if one project is slightly more disappointing than the other one. You have to still appreciate the artist ability overall.

Blackace

Yeah the album does flow together very well. Its just lacks a strong enough single and maybe he should of saved some of the songs from the mixtape for the album, and used some of the songs on the album as part of the mixtape.

This is how I feel about K.R.I.T's better than average album coming out after his great mixtape. Even if one project is slightly more disappointing than the other one. You have to still appreciate the artist ability overall.

I like his singles.. Sophisticated is as strong as anything as he has done..

Just like I said whatever his concept was didn't match the title

Kaizer

Banned
Honestly, the more I think about the title GFID, the more the album disappoints me concept wise.
I felt it started out alright, but it sorta just meanders on. Nothing is really too bad, but nothing is really too good either. Like Blackace said, there's no BMF or anything to really carry it.

No it's just plain bad.. The song is aiight but the hook makes the song so much worst than it should be

True, sounds like it came out of a hat for trap hooks. It does alright for an energetic track, I don't really feel So Sophisticated.

Album is full of Cs and a few Bs. Not a bad effort, hopefully his next is better.

The Cruella Wiz cover and this:

3-Rick-Ross-Gets-Excited.gif

has me dyin laughin

HiResDes

I didn't even like Rich Forever as much as you guys, awful features, awful choruses...Good beats. People talk about there being low standards with Spitta, but I feel it has gotten even worse with Ross. There were some tracks on that MMG album that I really liked, but Stalley fucked up a few of them.

Macca

I didn't even like Rich Forever as much as you guys, awful features, awful choruses...Good beats. People talk about there being low standards with Spitta, but I feel it has gotten even worse with Ross. There were some tracks on that MMG album that I really liked, but Stalley fucked up a few of them.
Next rap battle, HRD Vs Ken Masters!

And yea, I felt Self Made 2. M.I.A was that song, Power Circle grew on me on the strength of 2 verses and quite a few others were solid.

Esch

Banned

Rich Forever had like 3 tight songs on it out of 21 or w/e and 1 of them is on GFID.

shit is just boring, even the beats arent very original

Hell on earth or the infamous? I think I prefer hell on earth, feels darker to me, prodigy step it up lyrically and havoc beats are better. The infamous sounds more raw though

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey everyone, I don't have anything to contribute except for what I believe may be the greatest Kanye .gif of all time:

191ec0echhsgp.gif

Will be back for recommendations from the GAF-Hop collective somewhere down the line however.

Esch

Banned
Hell on earth or the infamous? I think I prefer hell on earth, feels darker to me, prodigy step it up lyrically and havoc beats are better. The infamous sounds more raw though

hell on earth, although the infamous has better "singles"

if im gonna be honest mobb deep is a lil overrated as far as career output goes

Will be back for recommendations from the GAF-Hop collective somewhere down the line however.

why not now!

Did Rich Forever really get so much praise? I can't recall. Tons of tracks, most of them were forgettable as hell....like I barely remember any at all. Triple Beam Dreams and Stay Schemin' off the top of my head.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, about that...

Went back to C4C today and it's as boring as I remember. But I like its production. Outside of tracing El-P back through his career, where can I find a similar sound?

honestly, pretty much nowhere. maybe you'd be able to find similar driven stuff in electronic music, but nowhere in hip hop.

C4C in the car is the best.

hell on earth, although the infamous has better "singles"

if im gonna be honest mobb deep is a lil overrated as far as career output goes
I think i'd agree if I look at their entire output for sure. Was running through most thier albums or hearing bits and pieces. I can't get into most like those two.

Happy bday ace, I hope Im not late but just realized I didn't say I love the new ignorant as well

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey everyone, I don't have anything to contribute except for what I believe may be the greatest Kanye .gif of all time:

191ec0echhsgp.gif

How did Plywood get banned now?

Son blesses GAF-Hop with another GIF of our lord and saviour and gets this? C'mon fam.

Did Rich Forever really get so much praise? I can't recall. Tons of tracks, most of them were forgettable as hell....like I barely remember any at all. Triple Beam Dreams and Stay Schemin' off the top of my head.

Those two, Ring Ring, Rich Forever, Holy Ghost, High Definition, Fuck Em, all great songs

7/10 for GFID sounds good. The highs on that album are very high, but the lows are so disappointing. The album might have my favorite four track sequence of the year: Ashamed, MMIV, Sixteen, Amsterdam. That shit is just beautiful

Add Pirates, 911 and So Sophisticated and you got a nice mix of dope tracks. Unfortunately the lady tracks are just so dumb (Presidential isn't too bad I guess...). 3 Kings is a joke imo

Hold Me Back could have been so dope with a better chorus and more verses like the third. IMO the album is a regression for Ross in terms of choruses. He's always been repetitive, but his bangers had some nice hooks. BMF, MC Hammer, I'm Not a Star...that shit just knocked. Hold Me Back is so lazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
7/10 for GFID sounds good. The highs on that album are very high, but the lows are so disappointing. The album might have my favorite four track sequence of the year: Ashamed, MMIV, Sixteen, Amsterdam. That shit is just beautiful

Add Pirates, 911 and So Sophisticated and you got a nice mix of dope tracks. Unfortunately the lady tracks are just so dumb (Presidential isn't too bad I guess...). 3 Kings is a joke imo

Hold Me Back could have been so dope with a better chorus and more verses like the third. IMO the album is a regression for Ross in terms of choruses. He's always been repetitive, but his bangers had some nice hooks. BMF, MC Hammer, I'm Not a Star...that shit just knocked. Hold Me Back is so lazy.
The highs are that high? Really?!

I thought that's the main issue with the album. There are no standout tracks. Teflon Don is like standout tracks back to back to back. The highs on this are okay at best.

The highs are that high? Really?!

I thought that's the main issue with the album. There are no standout tracks. Teflon Don is like standout tracks back to back to back. The highs on this are okay at best.

My thoughts exactly, there are some Rick Ross songs I can listen to over and over all day(Free Mason, Maybach Music 2, Triple Beam Dreams, I'm Not a Star) GFID doesn't have any of those

Indisputable facts:

36 Chambers>Forever
Infamous>Hell On Earth

both Forever and Hell On Earth are great albums but not nearly as consistent as what came before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom