• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I saw someone RT that and I didn't know if it was a joke, or there was some missing context or what.

I guess the Aaliyah album was a cover up for dude getting his OSSD?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh, look, Drake is still an embarrassment to modern civilization.

I musta listend to Money, Clothes, Hoes like, 12 times today. Shit just clicked with me today.

Recon

Banned
5og4b1a7ql02_t.jpg

sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png

You really reaching for those. Good for him. Im not going to hate on dude for finishing school. Especially after getting rich and successful.

Acid08

Banned
Drizzy gonna be throwing rhymes out about the quadratic equation now.

props to him for doing it though, lots of people don't even bother or care now.

I don't give props to grown ass men doing what they should've done as children. Shit is just expected. I don't give daps to 28 year-olds who tied they shoes, either.

Fuck that. I know a lot of people that dropped out of for many different reasons. Some chose to and some simply had to. You young at that age and you make mistakes. As an adult going back and at least trying to better yourself?

Absolutely nothing wrong or embarrassing about that.

WanderingWind

embarrassment to modern civilization =/= better role model

How is that a role model? For real. All jokes aside. How is the one dude out of a million dropping out of high school striking it rich a great role model? To me, a role model would've done that shit when it was supposed to be done.

Maybe it's me, but I got a real problem with the way people who fuck up and then fix their life are celebrated more than the people who manage to not fuck up in the first place. I get it, but both deserve their shine, you know?

Whatever. Drake doesn't deserve this level of introspection.

Recon

Banned
How is that a role model? For real. All jokes aside. How is the one dude out of a million dropping out of high school striking it rich a great role model? To me, a role model would've done that shit when it was supposed to be done.

Maybe it's me, but I got a real problem with the way people who fuck up and then fix their life are celebrated more than the people who manage to not fuck up in the first place. I get it, but both deserve their shine, you know?

I think hating on dude for it is the bitch made thing to do, dont you think? No one was posting it saying "oh, what a great role model". It was esch trying to hate and let his salt flow.

Fuck that. I know a lot of people that dropped out of for many different reasons. Some chose to and some simply had to. You young at that age and you make mistakes. As an adult going back and at least trying to better yourself?

Absolutely nothing wrong or embarrassing about that.

What was Drake's reason though, I thought he was pretty well off as a kid and was on TV, don't they get tutors or something?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

A role model to me is someone that can learn from their mistakes, and instead of being ignorant about this shit and saying "fuck school I don't need that and you shouldn't either," he's doing something about it.

I never said he's being a good role model, just a better one. But yeah, shit shouldn't be celebrated, and I don't think it really is per ce, but if it has an effect on one other person to go do the same and mend their mistakes then it's worth it.

Well, while I see what you are saying. It still is being a bit of a role model by even bothering and going back and completing high school even though he is rich as fuck nowadays. Maybe young adults who dropped out and haven't even reached 21 yet will decide to do the same because of it.

WanderingWind

I think hating on dude for it is the bitch made thing to do, dont you think? No one was posting it saying "oh, what a great role model". It was esch trying to hate and let his salt flow.

He can be proud of it. But calling it a reason to be a role model?

Nah. Never that.

Recon

Banned
What was Drake's reason though, I thought he was pretty well off as a kid and was on TV, don't they get tutors or something?

He made the decision probably to continue his career when it was getting hot. Either way, no reason for anyone to be salty about it.

He can be proud of it. But calling it a reason to be a role model?

Nah. Never that.

Oh I agree, but, i never said he was a role model. Also, if your role model is a rapper, you need better role models.

WanderingWind

Ive no idea, i dont really know anything about the guy. And as an artist he can suck a bag of dicks.

But at that age its easy to make mistakes. How some of yall are hating on him for this is beyond me.

Yeah, truth. And it's hard to make good decisions. Which one is the role model?

But, again. This is more Drake talk than I think anybody over the age of 18 and male wants to get in on a night. It's over for me.

Yeah, like, ignore it if you dont like him. But hating on him for it just screams salty hater.

Salty about what? My degree has been done since before he was a thing. Some things should just be expected out of adults.

Recon

Banned

But, again. This is more Drake talk than I think anybody over the age of 18 and male wants to get in on a night. It's over for me.

Do you want some affirmations for not fucking up? I am proud of you WW. But, like myself, many of us fuck up. It is a lot harder to fuck up and get back on track than staying on track. The fucking up part is easy, the changing your life around part is fucking hard.

I never said he was a role model. I just think its a little fucked up to hate on anyone trying to better themselves.

Just my opinion

WanderingWind

Do you want some affirmations for not fucking up? I am proud of you WW. But, like myself, many of us fuck up. It is a lot harder to fuck up and get back on track than staying on track. The fucking up part is easy, the changing your life around part is fucking hard.

So is not fucking up in the first place. We all fuck up, bro. All of us. Again, some things just should be expected. You get a nod, not a celebration as a role model for doing the right thing.

EDIT: Who's hating? Is anything not a generous dap hating now? Feel I'm missing something here.

Recon

Banned
So is not fucking up in the first place. We all fuck up, bro. All of us. Again, some things just should be expected. You get a nod, not a celebration as a role model for doing the right thing.

Again, nobody sane said he was a Role Model. No one said he should be getting praise. Im just saying being a hater about it seems petty.

WanderingWind

Again, nobody sane said he was a Role Model. No one said he should be getting praise. Im just saying being a hater about it seems petty.

Except people did say that, bro. And nobody is hating. Just not getting any more special attention because he did what he should've done in the first place. That's far away from hate.

I mean, I hate him as an artist. That part is true...

Recon

Banned
Except people did say that, bro. And nobody is hating. Just not getting any more special attention because he did what he should've done in the first place. That's far away from hate.

I mean, I hate him as an artist. That part is true...

But the thing is, only Esch was trying to shine special attention onto him for it. But he was trying to hate on him for it.

Salty about what? My degree has been done since before he was a thing. Some things should just be expected out of adults.

See this just seems like no one ever congratulated you on your degree, your getting salty at dude finishing high school.

No one in here said he was a role model for this. But i got respect for anyone not just Drake whose going trying to fix what they fucked up when they were younger.

I did some fucked up shit when i was younger and came very close to dropping out. I was lucky that i didnt, but not everyone is. You dont gotta give him props or congratulate him or nothing, but saying what you said in your first reply is just some fuckery.

WanderingWind

See this just seems like no one ever congratulated you on your degree, your getting salty at dude finishing high school.

No one in here said he was a role model for this. But i got respect for anyone not just Drake whose going trying to fix what they fucked up when they were younger.

I did some fucked up shit when i was younger and came very close to dropping out. I was lucky that i didnt, but not everyone is. You dont gotta give him props or congratulate him or nothing, but saying what you said in your first reply is just some fuckery.

...except where I said we all fucked up. You can read whatever you want into it, I guess. People were there when I graduated, and it was back in the 90s. Not really a concern of mine these days, I promise you.

And christ. Hyperbole abounds in this thread until you talk some shit about Drake. This is like, the 3rd time people have gone from joking about shit to "Well, that's just fucked up" when talking shit about Aubrey. I think some of y'all like him more then you let on.

And most people do some stupid shit and ALMOST drop out. But you didn't. See what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom