• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Will peep Skeme tonight

And give Kendrick another listen on the way home

Where I live people know more about Kendrick rather than Weeknd.

Kendrick is definitely gaining more popularity, and with the release of GKMC he'll get a lot of deserved recognition. However, I haven't been to a party in the last year that DIDN'T play something off of House of Balloons (reason Abel is so popular--he makes PARTY music). And I know Twitter followers aren't 100% indicative of popularity, but it is something to consider.

HiiiLife

Kendrick is definitely gaining more popularity, and with the release of GKMC he'll get a lot of deserved recognition. However, I haven't been to a party in the last year that DIDN'T play something off of House of Balloons (reason Abel is so popular--he makes PARTY music). And I know Twitter followers aren't 100% indicative of popularity, but it is something to consider.

Just may be Utah then. Lol. I stay playing Weeknd in the car. Trust.

It must be just where I live then (state of VA woo).

Actually, now that I think about it, Abel isn't really played at huge house parties, but more at after-parties/pre-gaming sessions where there are only about a dozen people. I guess I sorta lumped them together.

Macca

I'm all about listening to my major artist homeboy The Weeknd.

Put that shit on at parties, shit goes wild, everyone starts dancing, doing shots, fuckahater

I'm all about listening to my major artist homeboy The Weeknd.

Put that shit on at parties, shit goes wild, everyone starts dancing, doing shots, fuckahater

image.php

Not sure if you're being sarcastic...

Trey

sorry guys i am gonna laugh at drake finishing high school at age 25, that shits just funny

I'd trade my diploma for his millions straight up. He can have my degrees and eighth grade diploma too.

Good on the brother to cop the diploma though. A lot of dudes would just say, "fuck it."

iavi

Guys, it's been done; I'm Up has been topped as Trap tape of the year. TRAP GOD.

I'm having a hard time pulling myself away to get my GKMC listen in.

HiResDes

If Baby Face Killa counts that wins. I like Ace Hood's offerings better as well. Honestly, if I can count this Skeme as trap

1. BFK
2. Alive & Living (Deluxe)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

I DJ every weekend and I have heard the Weekend maybe 10 times in the last 2 years...

Cudder

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just get that one type of feeling listening to it, like it will stand the test of time. Death is Silent kind of gave me that feeling, as did Marcberg, but this is slightly more intense.

I agree. Album is fresh and new and doesn't bore the listener with topics covered before in every other rap song that's out there. It's kinda how Oneirology is. It's just a refreshing listen man, nothing sounds like it lyrically.

I DJ every weekend and I have heard the Weekend maybe 10 times in the last 2 years...

Yup. I've heard people play it a couple times at small house parties but overall I don't hear anyone bumping that shit with more than three people in a room. IE if an orgy ain't popping off no one is listening to Abel with more than one person

iavi

wow at the end of Bitch, Don't Kill my Vibe. Nutty, that's so good.

e: I fucking love the amount of variation on Backstreet Freestyle. K.dot killed.

It's amazing how much better The art of Peer Pressure sounds in sequence, especially after that intro.

Macca

Up to Backseat Freestyle, god damn Hit Boy, dude is unstoppable. Shit son. Producer of the year by far, fuck Harry Fraud yo.

ASAP would've killed that shit too, but Kendrick went in, that end was nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom