• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

I'm seeing Nappy Roots on Saturday. I don't really know them, but it's a free show. Are they worth getting to know their material before I go?

Edit: and Gangstagrass? I don't know them either

overcast

I like ASAP a lot more than Kendrick but his album is going to be scary bad in comparison. Also ASAP would've destroyed Backseat Freestyle's beat. Kendrick did... but not really. ASAP would've done it better.
I really like ASAP and I think his album will be good, but where the hell is it? He needs to tell the fans something, because it looks like it won't be out this year for sure.

How can somebody say Aquemini is bad. That makes no sense. If you prefer ATLiens, okay. There is no way it is remotely close to bad, it's ridiculously good.

I'm seeing Nappy Roots on Saturday. I don't really know them, but it's a free show. Are they worth getting to know their material before I go?

Edit: and Gangstagrass? I don't know them either

I have a love/hate thing with NR

they are the only act from Louisville to blow up, and really only ones from KY (Cunninlynguists arent really big outside the indie circle) and they made a great album in Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz but never came close to that quality again. The hate side is from the complete sell out Country gimmick they got shoe horned into by their managers. When 4 out of the 6 were from Louisville, with another being from Oakland the country gimmick was corny. Probably bothered me more then people outside kentucky, because people in this city have been trying to break that stigma forever, and when the city gets its first big hip hop act signed they go and make it worse.

Cudder

It's growing on me. I think its supposed to be this albums rigamortis. i think the beat is kinda still a little wacky though, i hate that metallic sound

people hating on BSF really have to understand and listen to where it fits in the story of the album. It comes on right before Kendrick and his boys raid the house in Art of Peer Pressure, it's supposed to be some ignorant crazy shit because in the "story", he's with his homies not giving a fuck, having a good time.

people hating on BSF really have to understand and listen to where it fits in the story of the album. It comes on right before Kendrick and his boys raid the house in Art of Peer Pressure, it's supposed to be some ignorant crazy shit because in the "story", he's with his homies not giving a fuck, having a good time.

I liked BSF as a stand alone track, I love it in the context of the album. I pictured Kendrick in the back of his friends car listening to a beat cd and going stupid.

Cudder

I liked BSF as a stand alone track, I love it in the context of the album. I pictured Kendrick in the back of his friends car listening to a beat cd and going stupid.

exactly what it's supposed to be.

edit: okay, i think I'm going to just post all GKMC posts in the official thread from now on lol.

JCole, Yela, Krit and those young guys must be walking around with their hands in their pockets re-examining their lives.

I think Krit is the only younger guy who is even close to making something as cohesive and engaging as GKMC.

In other words, Kendrick eatin'.

edit: ahhhh stuck at work, can't check out that Man With The Iron Fists S/T.

Macca

JCole, Yela, Krit and those young guys must be walking around with their hands in their pockets re-examining their lives.

I think Krit is the only younger guy who is even close to making something as cohesive and engaging as GKMC.

Gotta suck for Yelawolf, both him and Kendrick are on Interscope, but it seems like Yela got completely fucked over by the label, whereas Kendrick seems to have been saved.

Don't say Dre never does nothing.

HiResDes

edit: ahhhh stuck at work, can't check out that Man With The Iron Fists S/T.

Full impressions incoming...I'm off today, and I've been listening to music (mostly new hip-hop) nonstop.

HiResDes

Take all posts about The Man With The Iron Fists OST to the official thread to help expose others...

BONG! BONG!

2463107_o.gif

cdyhybrid

GKMC is incredible. I can't pick a favorite song after first listen. Gonna have to go through like 10 times before I can even grasp this shit.

And Iron Fists soundtrack coming next week. Fucking hell.

grkazan12

Will still purchase it, but I listened to some of GKMC. Dat cohesiveness and storytelling. Also the switchup on Maad City is on a whole another level mane.

Still gotta listen to the rest though.

Detox

Going to run a gaf-hop competition for Borderlands 2 (PC) and the Season Pass, I'm just not sure whether I should bundle the prize or make them separate just in case someone already got the game and just wants the pass, thoughts?

codhand

Salute Dre, crafting debut classics with diamonds in the rough for decades.

I agree, but I wonder his level of involvement in Kendrick's new album. I mean he sold Beats by Dre for 300 million, what does Executive Producer net you for a good debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom