• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

I know i did. Its not as bad as people say. But the accents really fuck up the replayability. Shit gets annoying

The actual lyrics I had no problem with, it was his annoying as fuck accent on almost every god damn track.

See I feel like Relapse went hard as hell, most people just didn't want an Eminem horrorcore album

Edit: ESPECIALLY after such a long absence......I think most wanted Eminem Show Part 2

Y'all hit the nail. The accents were........

Smhhhhhh. I personally didn't mind the shock-value lyrics. Just the same ol' Em that caught my ear back in 2000. Which I don't mind. Lol.

He has to regret those accents. I mean fuck, the production is excellent. Dre went hard with the beats. Album wouldve been better if he didnt do those lame ass accents. Its only when you go back and listen to the beats again you realise how good they were. If you have a decent system put them on and enjoy.

HiiiLife

Premiere said he was working with Eminem for his next album. Sounds promising.

Tbh I was excited when people were saying he was going a "different" direction with Recovey but that was mediocre to me. I personally just don't know anymore. It's my fault I'm sure. Fucking myself up with hype. Lol. I did like BME with Royce though.

Is he even working on anything at the moment? He's been awfully quiet.

Awhile ago he announced on Shade45(?) that he was working on a new one. Complete silence since then.

Tbh I was excited when people were saying he was going a "different" direction with Recovey but that was mediocre to me. I personally just don't know anymore. It's my fault I'm sure. Fucking myself up with hype. Lol. I did like BME with Royce though.

Yo lyrically Recovery was dope. I much preferred the beats on Relapse though.

Someone needs to tell him. Get a whole album of Dre beats again, no accents, and your golden.

HiiiLife

Yo lyrically Recovery was dope. I much preferred the beats on Relapse though.

Someone needs to tell him. Get a whole album of Dre beats again, no accents, and your golden.

See the funny thing is i prefer the beats on MMLP. Bass Brothers did most right? Nice and simple sounding for me. Lol. The beat on "Im Back" is prolly my fav from that album.

Edit. You're right. It was Dre and Mel Man. But regardless. I want the beats to sound like that.

See the funny thing is i prefer the beats on MMLP. Bass Brothers did most right? Nice and simple sounding for me. Lol. The beat on "Im Back" is prolly my fav from that album.

Edit. You're right. It was Dre and Mel Man. But regardless. I want the beats to sound like that.

Im just waiting for PD to show up with his usual "Dre beats are soulless devil beats." Eminem sounds great over Dre beats. Now if we could get him to rap properly on them we might have a good album. We know Em and Dre have the talent to come correct. They just dont seem to try as hard anymore.

HiiiLife

Im just waiting for PD to show up with his usual "Dre beats are soulless devil beats." Eminem sounds great over Dre beats. Now if we could get him to rap properly on them we might have a good album. We know Em and Dre have the talent to come correct. They just dont seem to try as hard anymore.

Definitely agree.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Bro, he has an elevator in his house.

Em being an addict really shows at times.

He OD'd on accents, then screaming, then rapping crazy fast.

None of those things are bad in moderation but whole albums and shit is just no.

I'm not even hyped for a new Em album right now.

His guest appearances on Slaughterhouse and Yella's albums was pretty damn bad.

Plus his topics have gotten stale. We get it. You were an addict. You love your daughter. But you are also crazy and don;t always respect women.

It just gets repetitive.

And this is comign from a guy who's bought all of his albums. Downloaded his unreleased shit and bought a ton of stuff just because he had a feature on it.

Em needs to come correct or not at all.

HiiiLife

Em being an addict really shows at times.

He OD'd on accents, then screaming, then rapping crazy fast.

None of those things are bad in moderation but whole albums and shit is just no.

I'm not even hyped for a new Em album right now.

His guest appearances on Slaughterhouse and Yella's albums was pretty damn bad.

Plus his topics have gotten stale. We get it. You were an addict. You love your daughter. But you are also crazy and don;t always respect women.

It just gets repetitive.

And this is comign from a guy who's bought all of his albums. Downloaded his unreleased shit and bought a ton of stuff just because he had a feature on it.

Em needs to come correct or not at all.

That's the thing. He caught my ear with the shock value but I'd love to see other topics.

It's just too bad that Relapse is most likely the last majority Dre produced album. Not that it's necessarily terrible, but those accents, man. Even if you think Em was rappity rap rambling and forcing multis on that album, if he did it without the accent, it would've been a great rappity ramble album.

HiiiLife

So when do you guys think Em hit his prime?

Marshall Mathers LP or Eminem Show/8 Mile days? And when do you think he started declining so to speak?

The Eminem Show is my personal favorite.

He technically peaked around 8-Mile.

Then his life went to shit

and it's been a struggle for him to come all the way back.

that's the thing..you can see glimpses of it here and there...

I rememeber Underground from Relapse (and My Darling) both sounding like prime Em but he never built off of that instead he went into super scream mode or really fast mode all de time.

He was also still good for a good verse...now...not so much.

Once again the Slaughterhouse performance is just sad..especially since he killed Microphone beat, the cyper and such . Such a let down.

It's cool tho.

Em is 40 years old and shit and he gave me 5 or so mediocre-great albums that I played a ton.

If he's done..he's done.

So when do you guys think Em hit his prime?

Marshall Mathers LP or Eminem Show/8 Mile days? And when do you think he started declining so to speak?

The Eminem Show is prime Em. You might prefer SSLP or MMLP more, which is fine (I rank MMLP at the top), but Em hit his prime in 2002. The decline started right after the G-Unit/Murder Inc/Benzino beef.

HiiiLife

I appreciate the feedback guys. Don't want to turn this into a fanboy thread amd this question sounds silly typing it but does anyone have a rapper that they feel was "untouchable" in their prime?

Nas. Jay. Em. Rakim. Pac. Etc.

Macca

I appreciate the feedback guys. Don't want to turn this into a fanboy thread amd this question sounds silly typing it but does anyone have a rapper that they feel was "untouchable" in their prime?

Em, Rakim and Cube.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Don't want to turn this into a fanboy thread but does anyone have a rapper that they feel was "untouchable" in their prime?

Ghostface Killah. Mostly because he hasnt had a prime technically, hes consistently dropped great albums for almost 20 years at this stage. No ones touching that.

Nas prime consisted of Illmatic and then flashbacks of that here and there rather than an actual period.

You can put Redman in the Ghostface consistency category. Theres no real "bad" Redman albums.

As for a rapper in a "prime" for me its DMX. Its Dark and Hell Is Hot, Flesh of My Flesh, ...And then there was X. To me hasnt falen off but the quality of his first few albums really holds true today. Dude was killing it back then. Might not be the most technical or whatever but dude had a crazy mic presence.

HiiiLife

Ghostface Killah. Mostly because he hasnt had a prime technically, hes consistently dropped great albums for almost 20 years at this stage. No ones touching that.

Nas prime consisted of Illmatic and then flashbacks of that here and there rather than an actual period.

You can put Redman in the Ghostface consistency category. Theres no real "bad" Redman albums.

As for a rapper in a "prime" for me its DMX. Its Dark and Hell Is Hot, Flesh of My Flesh, ...And then there was X. To me hasnt falen off but the quality of his first few albums really holds true today. Dude was killing it back then. Might not be the most technical or whatever but dude had a crazy mic presence.

Man I can't believe I forgot to mention DMX. Co-sign on that guy.

Acid08

Banned
P.O.S. cancelled his whole tour, dude is getting a kidney transplant. Hope he's gonna be okay, really stoked for his album.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Yo, Im with you on Mobb Deep. The first 2 especially. Holy shit those 2 albums knock harder than anything. And Prodigy? Lyrically? The guy was a monster Hell on Earth. Too bad he fell off pretty hard from then. Dude was incredible on the mic back then. Apostles Warning, Animal Instinct, Cant get Enough of It.... Those albums were classics all over.
Bloodsport, Extortion, his verse on Nighttime Vultures...

Shit I'm about to shelve all of this new shit to bump Hell On Earth all night. P is just too good on that shit.

Redman, Method Man, Common Sense

Recon

Banned
Not exactly untouchable, but I think Lupe had the quickest fall from grace I have ever seen in music. Dude seemed positioned to have one of the best careers ahead of him. I think Atlantic fucking with him did something to his head, he aint been right since they refused to release his original version of LASERS.

Bloodsport, Extortion, his verse on Nighttime Vultures...

Shit I'm about to shelve all of this new shit to bump Hell On Earth all night. P is just too good on that shit.

Do yourself a favour and do it. Prodigy bodies that whole album. He had of kept going like that? shit hed be in the GOAT conversations nowadays.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

all of them were untouchable in their prime just like most star are when its their prime.. I think its more longevity that matter when you get to the marquee rappers.

It's worth noting that Havoc really stepped his lyrics/rapping game up on Hell On Earth. I thought he was rather average on The Infamous, and initially used to with Mobb was just Prodigy and Big Noyd rapping, with Havoc on the beats (and an occasional verse)

HiiiLife

Not exactly untouchable, but I think Lupe had the quickest fall from grace I have ever seen in music. Dude seemed positioned to have one of the best careers ahead of him. I think Atlantic fucking with him did something to his head, he aint been right since they refused to release his original version of LASERS.

Speaking of rappers that fell from grace.. What happened to Ja Rule/Lil Flip (and I use grace cause I lack a better word lol)

It's worth noting that Havoc really stepped his lyrics/rapping game up on Hell On Earth. I thought he was rather average on The Infamous, and initially used to with Mobb was just Prodigy and Big Noyd rapping, with Havoc on the beats (and an occasional verse)

No doubt. Its a shame P overshadowed Havoc so much. Havoc really came correct. But Prodigy was really on another level. The fact Havoc could rap so well, and produce nearly all those songs shows how talented they both really were. Hell on Earth is a top 5 album

Recon

Banned
Speaking of rappers that fell from grace.. What happened to Ja Rule/Lil Flip (and I use grace cause I lack a better word lol)

50 single handedly ruined Ja. Anyone paying attention back then saw a career destroyed by 50 Cent. It was odd. Ja was pretty big then Wanksta happened. It was kinda surreal that 50 ended up doing the same shit he clowned Ja for.

Lil Flip had one "good" album. Before and after Undaground Legend, Flip was garbage.

HiiiLife

50 single handedly ruined Ja. Anyone paying attention back then saw a career destroyed by 50 Cent. It was odd. Ja was pretty big then Wanksta happened. It was kinda surreal that 50 ended up doing the same shit he clowned Ja for.

Lil Flip had one "good" album. Before and after Undaground Legend, Flip was garbage.

I honestly cannot think of a Ja Rule song past New York with Jada and Fat Joe. I'm honestly concentrating. Wtf. Dude just fell off my radar. Lol.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I remember Peter bumping Ja's new album earlier this year haha

Which is why it doesn't surprise me that he is looking forward to Chief fucking Keef's abortion of an album. Peter is the slut of gafhop, he'll accept and enjoy any size, shape, or color of hip hop penis, even if it's clearly diseased.

HiiiLife

Which is why it doesn't surprise me that he is looking forward to Chief fucking Keef's abortion of an album. Peter is the slut of gafhop, he'll accept and enjoy any size, shape, or color of hip hop penis, even if it's clearly diseased.

Hellllll naaaaaaawwwww. Lol.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Wanksta was the key to Ja's career death. When you have a diss song that is treated like a radio hit, you might as well just pack it up and try a different career. That song was treated like a summer hit, it was everywhere, all over the radio and TV. If even the 14 year old white girl who normally buys your album is listening to a diss song about you, you might as well pack it up.

haha Peter knows he's the man in my book, he's a better producer than Kanye ffs. But the hip hop slut statement still stands :p

Recon

Banned
Wanksta was the key to Ja's career death. When you have a diss song that is treated like a radio hit, you might as well just pack it up and try a different career. That song was treated like a summer hit, it was everywhere, all over the radio and TV. If even the 14 year old white girl who normally buys your album is listening to a diss song about you, you might as well pack it up.

Agreed. Wanksta just below Ether for a diss track. Maybe not for its actual content, but its impact was fucking huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom